All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. IMHO, just use locally-sourced niobium for the tamer build - no need to wait for steel, and you get more overheat temperature headroom, allowing for faster heat deletion.
  3. Celestial Champion, Crab King, Grazer, Saladmander, Bright-Eyed Frog?
  4. Not especially. Clearly got under your skin, though. Isn't it annoying when people are needlessly condescending to you? Neverminding that not one of these ideas is a reasonable equivalent to making chests store some more stuff (because chopping trees involves practically no risk, practice, knowledge, or brain power), I would argue that almost all of those tasks are more interesting than chopping your bajillionth tree. Maybe people would like to spend more time doing those things than felling trees or trying to figure out which of their 50 boxes has the thing they're looking for in it. If in fact I hadn't, I'd have to ask: why should I try to understand your point when you and your like-minded friends are so dismissive of mine? I've been playing this game for a decade. The sense of achievement completing what is literally the simplest task in the game has long faded. I've heard the work music and the ambiance so much I barely notice them anymore. And even if it were necessary to leave your base far enough behind while logging to not be able to get back in time for a hound wave, that challenge is long dead too, for a number of reasons. Again, not having to spend quite as much time logging could give me time to go do something that actually puts me at risk. If those things are truly as exciting to you now as they were ten years ago, that's awesome. You'll forgive me if I have my doubts, but if it truly is, great. But it's not that hard to imagine that others would maybe like to have more time to engage with newer and more challenging things. Even if we shift to the perspective of a new player, I don't believe for a minute that cutting the hours and hours and hours and hours of time chopping trees would just rob them of any noticeable amount of fun. Logging is a simple task with minimal dangers. It makes zero sense to talk about this task as if it's the core of the game from which all joy is derived. Maybe I'm just barking up the wrong tree here. We're obviously nowhere near on the same wavelength when you don't recognize tedium as a thing that many -- perhaps most -- people like to reduce, or that sitting and holding space for so long under so little cognitive load might not be everybody's idea of a good time. All of this to set aside, by the way, other reasons to expand storage, like not having to waste so much time trying to find your stuff because even in spite of mini signs, storage in this game is an organizational nightmare.
  5. That sounds like a good option. It fixes the issue without affecting general use.
  6. Today
  7. I can only imagine that you were really proud of this line. Gathering and cooking food is also something that takes time. And you even have to do it more often than chopping wood for chests. Do you also want Klei to take this tedium away and make it so that we skip the middleman and spiders drop meatballs? In fact, let's remove all the tedium from the game. Double the gold you get from pig king, triple the thulecite from statues. Guarantee a tam and tusk from Walruses, have the archives be already powered, make CC drop a crown, 5 shards and the chest upgrade blueprint. Glad to know you didn't really try to understand my point. Like I said, gathering materials and crafting is part of the survival-sandbox experience. This IS part of the fun of the game. If not chopping down trees by hand then using Bearger or Weather pain to amass logs and feeling proud of yourself. The need to gather materials is an incentive to keep playing; just like any raidboss of rift. By doubling stack sizes you effectively cut the amount of logs you need for your storage in half. That's half the time less you'd spend listening to the ambiance and work music. Half the time less you'd be ambushed by hounds away from your toothtraps and forced to engage with the game in a more intense way. Half the time less you'd sit there holding space and coming up with a new build project idea for your megabase. Like, I just can't help it but think that the OP's suggstion is just the forum going "You've given us the taste of comfort with these infinite chests, now we want more and will complain about the smallest of inconveniences in the game"
  8. Wow that's really unlucky then! I hope you'll get one eventually.
  9. I forgot that things are fun no matter how many times you have to do them or how long it takes or how poorly they fulfill their purpose. They shouldn't. They might consider it if lots and lots of someones want it, though. Counter question: please explain how doubling, tripling, or even quadrupling the amount of stuff you can get in a single chest would make your game appreciably less fun.
  10. Welp, I guess there goes the hope that we'd be able to collect acid with bottles and create an acid bin to dispose of items one day
  11. You can try this in your modmain: AddComponentPostInit("fueled", function(self) local _LongUpdate = self.LongUpdate function self:LongUpdate(dt) if _LongUpdate ~= nil and not self.inst:HasTag("campfire") then _LongUpdate(self, dt) end end end)
  12. There is a mod that seems to do what you need. He doesn't seem to be very popular. However, a quick test in the sandbox showed that the mod does not work very reliably. Technical Details: The mod matches animals, eggs and babies based on the configuration file. It means that by default this mod does not work with modded animals. You will have to find out and write the IDs of modded animals, eggs and babies to the configuration file yourself. I can easily create another mod with similar functionality, but without any configuration files. Which will match all animals, eggs and babies, including modded ones, based on in-game data. But do you or anyone else need it?
  13. You do realize that going out, collecting resources and crafting is part of the survival experience, right? Heck, even the sandbox experience. Why should Klei suddently just double the chests' capacity for no reason other than someone going "I want to fit 2 chests worth of grass stacks into a single chest b4 getting the upgrade!"
  14. I think a better nerf to the character swaping mechanic would be a client-side 20 day cooldown after swaping a character
  15. Oh don't worry I'm sure thay'll have their glow-up one day. Maybe in 4 years, like Bearnie, but it will happend Maybe we'll even see them appearing throughout the ocean during winter
  16. changing characters won't fix that and there's still nothing to do even before 1st summer starts usually
  17. You're wrong There's a thread talking about mains and a good portion of forumites have stated that their mains are Wormwood, Wurt and Warly - characers with prominent downsides You know what the "optional challenges" would end up being? More raid bosses. Were you around the New Reign arc? Almost all we got were raid bosses, optional challenges that players could take on and you know what ended up happening? The game became so stale, all you did was fight boss after boss and wait for their 20 day respawn because after surviving for one year there was nothing more to do than just fight those damn bosses This game NEEDS more character downsides and challenges that aren't all about directly lowering the players health
  18. Reasons you don't like are still reasons, yo. Doubling stack sizes is definitely on par with taking DST out behind the shed and shooting it. Building 50 chests to keep your stuff is fun and engaging and embodies the essence of the game.
  19. Make the chests indestructible and free to craft as well while we are at it and turn DST into a pure hamster simulator.
  20. Mealwood can't receive the Farmers Touch buff (which is what the micronutrient fertilizer applies). The dupes aren't doing the task because it can't be done. Mealwood, Oxyferns and Wheezewort can't be fertilized with micronutrient fertilizer at all, and Arbor trees only receive a benefit when growing the initial trunk.
  21. Wanda is a very mysterious character, both in terms of her background and motives for her actions. In her trailer, when her clock loses control, we can even see all versions being updated. In the trailer remade by Maxwell, she is still not on Charlie's chessboard. She is more like a contradictory character who relies on shadows but repels them, and more like a "Maxwell" who successfully breaks free from shadow control. So I think her conversation should be extremely impatient (because as a time traveler, she may have experienced such conversations many times), and her attitude towards shadows should be both excited and afraid.
  22. You make a modworldgenmain.lua file, and within that file you put something along the lines of this local require = GLOBAL.require local AddRoomPreInit = AddRoomPreInit local GetModConfigData = GetModConfigData local function GenerateMobForRoom(room, factor) AddRoomPreInit(room, function(room) if room.contents.distributeprefabs then room.contents.distributeprefabs.yourmobprefabname = factor end end) end if GetModConfigData("Your Mob something something") == 1 then if GLOBAL.KnownModIndex:IsModEnabled("workshop-1467214795") or GLOBAL.KnownModIndex:IsModForceEnabled("workshop-1467214795") then GenerateMobForRoom("MeadowRocky", 0.035) GenerateMobForRoom("VolcanoRock", 0.035) GenerateMobForRoom("Rocky", 0.035) else GenerateMobForRoom("Rocky", 0.035) end end In this snippet, there's a random workshop ID. That's for Island Adventures. Just in case someone has that mod enabled since it's popular enough to be considered every time you make world gen based mods. The prefab names list are the biomes you want it to generate in. You can list more than one. The numbers next to them is straightforward as to how many you want to spawn in the biome.You can replace the ones here with your own rooms instead of using the ones here. Which can be found in C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\databundles\scripts.zip\scripts\map\rooms\forest usually. The GetModconfigData is just the option to turn it on and off just in case people don't want your mob spawning everywhere. You put the toggles and config stuff in your modinfo.lua
  23. I don't see why this wouldn't make it in, but with the potential addition of this into the game would mark perhaps the shortest lifespan of a good mod on the workshop.
  24. Yes, I'd love it. In a recent world I lost 3 beefs, one of them because I didn't drop them far enough away while fighting mgoose and it got aggrod.
  25. What about letting characters examine the stack of item to tell the exact number? Like reading a sign.
  26. Would really desire this, personally. It’s the difference between if I have 1024 sticks, or 7204 sticks in a slot. I think it would be very helpful IMO.
  1. Load more activity