All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm seeing 1.4.2.1 as well. I'm not sure what happened either but I'm glad it's fixed. If it happens again please attach a new log and I'll take a look.
  3. Thanks, what’s your thoughts on whether or not having the energy wave effect all the hostile mobs to enter the area
  4. I've encountered the bug as well. Until it's fixed, you can still catch birds by putting them to sleep, such as with the pan flute, and attacking them once with no weapon equipped, to make them flop around for a few seconds, during which time they can be picked up. Rabbits can also be picked up right after they fall in the caves during earthquakes.
  5. Hamlet was released in 2018, half a decade after Don't Starve itself, so doesn't really make a good case for Don't Starve having "always been" this way. Plus, not only is Hamlet one of the first instances of Klei actively encouraging the player to megabase and build things for purely decorative reasons, but it also very intentionally divides itself between "wild, untameable land" and "fully terraformable wilderness to make into a city". The Deep Rainforest isn't a good example for what you're trying to argue here at all.
  6. Today
  7. Is this the same 'Kid' that purchased a flight for 1,500$? Get real Michael.
  8. It's not, @Juanasdf is correct. You're wrong but if you're able to prove you're correct (you can't) that'll be nice You put a lot of thought into your posts about Webber - I've read your skill tree suggestions, I thought it was nice.
  9. You don't understand how the game you play works, this is the eleventeenth example - stop talking so confidently on things you, either, don't understand or misunderstand.
  10. I pushed an update, the 3rd time, and this time my I received the update when i opened the game. I will still attach the log just in case, but it seems to have fixed itself (for now), or at least i see the update live. ModUploader.log
  11. It’s not exactly a new thing, people have been building bases in DS/T that cover multiple biomes since 2014. The flooring of the jungles in hamlet is quite literally the only example of something you 100% cannot in any way change that is a landmass in DS.
  12. DST encourages such behaviour more because it is a different game than DS, both practically and fundamentally. It's the entire reason we have mechanics like dreadstone pillars, dock kits, above average trees, ice crystaleyezer, etc. Things that have no use in the short term but in the long term make the uninhabitable habitable.
  13. Not exactly related but just today I was thinking about a lunar aligned hostile mob that would be attacking using mini meteors and lob itself like one to navigate. I want more lunar mobs anyway because there isn’t really much of them unlike shadows. I could see something useful resulting from the loot or direct use of this creature in meteor field barriers or even summoning them, as staves, unused Moonlens structures or whatever... Using meteors ourselves could be funny in combat or farming resources or destroy stuff. I find the biomes with meteors in them very bare, which I assume is intentional and I always modded them away from anywhere important. But I could tolerate them if it gets expanded post rift perhaps ?
  14. I mean… Isn’t this the way DS has always been though? You could not build anything on the Hamlet jungle turf flooring either.. I think it’s just exclusively DST that players are trying to turn the entire game world into their personalized mega-base.
  15. I think at the very least above average trees should prevent meteorites. I definitely feel your pain though, meteors to me feel like a dated mechanic from a time where Klei was still trying to figure out how to make rocks more renewable to fit the lack of world hopping in DST. I feel as though killing celestial champion could just disable meteor showers since by that point you can use champion as a source of moonrocks, and the orb already exists in the world. I find it pretty unreasonable that we have a mechanic that's essentially wildfires on steroids. We just kind of have to accept that there's gonna be an entire portion of the map that cannot be built on at all, no matter what we do.
  16. This isn't directly related but i'd also appreciate it if the hitbox for them could be removed so we can remove the dumb placement restrictions on them. Or just lower their placement requirements in general. It's so frustrating trying to fit salt licks inside Beefalo pens. Also it'd be good if they could last way longer for non-beefalo + pacify them. Right now Koalas, Goats and Deer will also lick them, but at a faster rate. It'd be nice if they could make Goats not aggro onto things while charged, make in-heat beefalo not aggro onto things, and make Deer not attack fences/walls when hit. Maybe they could also make goat herd locations update if the goat is next to the lick to make moving goat herds easier. This is probably a bit of a hot take but I would prefer it if autostack were implemented ala minecraft or terraria. I know DST has some attempt at item pickup speed being a QOL thing (i.e lazy forager, shadow puppets) but it's so dumb to me that some strategies like using gekkos is bottlenecked specifically by the lag it causes rather than any mechanical reason. I use autostack when I play and the difference to gameplay is minimal. I feel like doing it for specific items is inevitably going to lead to yet another item being added to the ever-expanding list of "items that end up as annoying clutter and should honestly just autostack". Hard disagree. High sanity is already a questionable upside in terms of benefit, and I think it makes sense to leave any advantages such characters have intact. WX springs to mind given they specifically have upgrades to raise their maximum sanity, but Wickerbottom is also a notable example. I get that it may feel a little unfortunate for characters like Webber or Wes, but their lower sanity is meant to be a downside. I think it would be better for Klei to add a non-festive planter box that can contain plants, trees, flowers, etc. Makes more sense and means we don't need to add a special type of dock for it. I'd DEFINITELY appreciate something like this, although I also feel like it could perhaps be an opportunity to add some sort of "path" object. I.e something with the size and the placement rules of walls. It'd expand the possibilities of decoration by allowing players to make custom-sized paths without having to worry about turf priority. I am of the opinion that Klei should probably avoid adding new types of dock kit because replacing existing docks is kind of a hassle, and adding different ways to do stuff like have roads or plant plants means we get more decoration options on land as well.
  17. This would be great! I would like if they got reworked to make their camps based around on how many players are in the server, because four camps is "too much" for solo players but not enough for three or more. please don't, even though they have a higher sanity threshold, they still require the same amount of sanity food to upkeep it, so by making it a %, you would just make that higher sanity characters would need stronger sanity food to have this buff, as well as not being encouraged to fight with it, as it would cost way too much sanity. The forums just had this discussion, please don't bring it back.
  18. Meteors will stop falling if you just let enough rocks accumulate within the biome. (this is also how some players were apparently locking themselves out of getting the celestial orb) Alternatively you can toggle them off in settings. But they’re purpose is to supply the player (or players) with important resources like Flint, Stone & of course Nitre. Nitre is highly important if you actually play the game during the summer season (a lot of people toggle off summer & wildfires) My point is that to ask for a device that prevents the meteors means there has to still be a way for players other than yourself, to obtain the resources the meteors provide. Plus it’s always hilarious to be struck by random meteorite and killed when your trying to do other stuff on low health.
  19. Nah man something like that would be too convenient and trivialize the feelings and values that this franchise represents. Real starvers would embrace the meteors and ask for a range increase that's the only way.
  20. Yesterday
  21. Say in multiple worlds, you find that there are meteor fields meshed with biomes and in places that are rather inconvenient (with such examples of crummy placement being, near moonstone, oasis desert on top of the only herd of volt goats, or near a raid boss). I have had this happen so many times, im a bit sick of it but im not sure what I as a player can do in these situations. Does the idea of a semi-late game meteor prevention system sound too unreasonable? like a magical item or structure that would ward off meteors as long as its up or covering a certain area? If there is a way to prevent additional meteor biomes in the settings of the world that I am not aware of (which would largely fix my issue seeing as how its always the additional biome separate from mosaic that seems to "jank" things up) that would be good information as well, but Ideally I would hope for a gameplay related way to approach this that isn't too cheap or too outrageously expensive, that by some point its as if it doesn't matter. Suggestions or inputs of any kind welcome and encouraged.
  22. Could you try publishing an update and attach ModUploader.log found here. %APPDATA%\..\Local\Oxygen Not Included Uploader\ModUploader.log
  23. 영어 잘 못해서 그림그려왔습니다 I'm not good at English so I drew a picture 가끔씩 헐떡이가 문에 낍니다 sometimes puft sutck in the door 문에 낀 크리터를 감지하는 센서가 필요해요 I want sensor for critters stuck in the door
  24. While acknowledging that it's a disappointing answer, really we don't have anything useful to tell you here. We start the switch patch as soon as the console branch has the new content in it. But because of the turnaround time on Nintendo patches we have to wait until we're pretty sure the bugfixes have settled down before submitting to Nintendo. Then we wait. Then it either fails and we try again, or it goes through and sure we could do a post updating you that we now have news or we could just push the button and make it live. Basically since we don't hold the patches back the soonest we know the release date is right before we push the button setting it live and thus there's no news to share other than "It's live, go play it!"
  1. Load more activity