• Announcements

• JoeW

[UPDATED] Physical Megapack Disc Issues   04/16/2018

Update 5/11/2018 We do not have any more information at this time. The last we spoke to 505 indicated that the discs should be ready very soon. We will likely have more information next week; hopefully with full explanation of when and how to get new discs.    Updated: 4/27/2018

On April 17th, the Don't Starve Megapack was released. Almost immediately, it was discovered that the wrong content was printed on the PS4 retail version of Don’t Starve Mega Pack (the Xbox One version is not affected). The disc contained Don't Starve Together, but was without Don't Starve, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked. As soon as we confirmed the problem we contacted our retail publisher to find out how this happened and what could be done. It's taken some time to get this far, but this is all the information we have at this time. The current status of the issue is as follows: New copies are currently in print and will be on shelves ASAP, hopefully within a few weeks.  When the new discs arrive in stores, players who already purchased misprinted discs will be able to exchange the disc for a new one in store. Details will follow as we figure out the exact timing, the procedures with specific retailers and what the exchange will entail.  Players who already purchased the faulty disc previous to 4/26/2018 can now contact Klei support HERE for a Playstation Store voucher code that includes Don't Starve Together, Don't Starve, Shipwrecked and the Reign of Giants DLC that you can play now. Please specify your country as certain vouchers only work in certain regions.  New purchasers of the Megapack in store as of 4/26/2018 should be given a voucher at the time of purchase on your receipt. If you do not get a code, contact us ALL purchasers will have a path to get a new disc when they are ready. We do not have details at this time, but we are comitted to ensuring that all players get what they purchased.  We are hearing from some players that some retailers are telling players that they will not be exchanging discs. We believe this to be incorrect and that particular person or location is just misinformed. 505 has ensured us that they are doing their best to make sure these discs are being replaced for all players. We will not allow anybody to fall through the cracks here. We will buy and ship the discs ourselves if we have too.   This was our first major retail release and we're extremely disappointed that our players have been let down with their purchase of the Don't Starve Megapack. We're doing our best to make sure this issue gets resolved as quickly as possible. Thanks everybody for your support and patience. We'll keep you updated.    UPDATE: (4/26/2018) We are now ready to send out vouchers to players who purchased the physical version of the Don't Starve Megapack - These codes will allow players to download and play Don't Starve and DLC as well as Don't Starve Together To get a voucher players can contact as at our support site: http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/emails/new  For the subject, choose "PS4 Megapack" and fill in the form and we'll get you fixed up as soon as possible.  We will require a picture of your receipt, your Klei account ID and the region you are located in (so we can give you the proper voucher).  UPDATE: (4/24/2018) Earlier this week, we discovered that the wrong content was printed on the PS4 retail version of Don’t Starve Mega Pack (the Xbox One version is not affected). It’s a really unfortunate situation and we’ve been working hard with 505 to resolve this as soon as possible. Below is the latest information: New copies are currently in print and will be on shelves ASAP, hopefully within a few weeks. When the new discs arrive in stores, players who already purchased misprinted discs will be able to exchange the disc for a new one in store. Details will follow as we figure out the exact timing, the procedures with specific retailers and what the exchange will entail.  Players who already purchased the faulty disc will also be able to contact Klei support for a voucher code that includes Don't Starve, Shipwrecked and the Reign of Giants DLC until the new disc is ready. Please specify your country as certain vouchers only work in certain regions.  We will have more details when they become available including details on contacting us and what information we might need.  Once again, thanks to everybody for their patience while we work this out. For questions or concerns, the forum discussion can be found below:   

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. With the ranching mark 2 update, we were given a multitude of new critters to manipulate and exploit for resources. But we are missing an actual way to create systems that change based off of the critters. That's why I propose THE CRITTER AUTOMATION UPDATE Within this update, there would be: THE CRITTER COUNTER: An automation device that detects how many critters are in a room, including eggs. THE CRITTER EGG BOX: A storage box that only stores eggs, and only allows eggs to be stored when it has an automation signal. I'm open to Ideas on what else to add.
  3. Glass???

Could you create tiles with molten glass ? (and how does it interact with light ^^)
  4. The Cute Animal Thread

Awww. Well, fortunately I do have a few more pictures, although they're not gaming-related. Funny thing: That "promptly runs characters off a cliff" thing actually happened. How do I know this? Well because that's me--from years and years ago (look how old all the computer-stuff is! but also I was using stuff that was already old even _at the time_, because it still worked and I'm not made of money :P) and the game in question was the PC version of Sonic Heroes. So, yeah--a platformer, with cliffs. Sonic Heroes, in case you're wondering, responds ESPECIALLY "well" to random kitty-paws on the keys, if the kitty is the right size anyway. He ran Team Chaotix straight off a cliff...then later on got Team DARK halfway through a level _in the correct direction_, including flying them successfully across several large gaps (the fly button is the space bar, but you have to step on the key that puts the team into the "fly" formation first!) and even _used their special team attack_--on an empty room of nothing. STILL! He also, in the level with the futuristic city, was OBSESSED with the flying cars in the background. He'd just lie there on or in front of the keyboard and bat at them as they went by--must'a thought they were bugs or something. Even better--at one point, kittyface went BEHIND the monitor as if he thought it was an actual box and he could get the flying things out from the back! XD Anyway, here's Gamer Kitty (whose real name was Monty, short for Montgomery Scott McCat) and some random monkey-person leaning drunkenly against each other: "Show me the way to go home..." (hic) "I'm tired and I wanna go to bed..." (SO FRIGGIN' CUTE ERMAGERD. Such a precious little foofball. <3) ...Notorious
  5. Hey everyone. I'm looking for this banners from the klei's trailers to don't starve updates without any text. Does anyone knows where can I find it?
  6. Glass???

Ah that is too hot
  7. ONI Biology

Only downside would be that your pacu will starve and you see an annoying message. (Is it still possible to untame pacu with traps ?)
  8. Ok, I tried to reproduce the bug to get more info on it and it appear that it does not occur every time. Hence I edited the threat content, but don't know how to edit title.
  9. I don't believe it is normal behavior and if I go way back in the memory banks I believe this was an issue at one point on PC, but it isn't anymore since I last played single player on PC (maybe a year ago?). Normal hound wave behavior is outlined on the wiki. I could be wrong but I don't think it is quite normal. http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Hound
  10. Ok I have build a nice pacu farm which can utilize the random gulp fish spawns; each pacu gets 8 tiles vertical space and is alone in his stable. So the pacu is just overcrowded after laying his egg. => every 40 cycle you get 1 free meat for each pacu (Keep the room between 10-25C you can farm gulp fish/pacu and tropical pacu.)
  11. I has just a little too much free time last weekend, so I make this mod: EggMod It can be used to disable egg cooking. HOW TO INSTALL Install ModLoader as described here and drop EggMod.dll to OxygenNotIncluded\Mods folder HOW TO USE I think attached screenshot with thick red frames is self-explanatory. Choose any egg and you will see it's current cooking status and change status button. KNOWN PROBLEMS I don't dive into Klei's code deep enough, so this mod is very very quick and dirty solution. I spotted these problems: My code non-localizable without recompiling. Electric grill displays ugly tag name. Electric grill doesn't understand what I don't have eggs enabled for cooking. I have "[WARNING] Missing prefab: EggForCooking" message in the log and I don't know how bad it is. Using this mod will change your saves and you could not load them in vanilla ONI I am running this mod on Win10. Not sure it will run on any other OSes. As usually no responsibility for broken saves or any other damage. Use this mod at your own risk.
  12. Glass???

liquid glass turns into rock gas.
  13. Today
  14. This whole situation is ridiculous, never heard if such an issue. You guys need to come up with a solution fast. Its more than a month since the mistake has been known, yet there are still games being sold at stores missing the content, no way to refund the game for a refund and nothing from you guys as to if and how we can get fixed copy of the game This whole situation is ridiculous, never heard of such an issue. You guys need to come up with a solution fast. Its more than a month since the mistake has been known, yet there are still games being sold at stores missing the content, no way to refund the game for a refund and nothing from you guys as to if and how we can get fixed copy of the game
  15. Some times when I load a saved game each Hatch and Gecko chance to lay egg diferent than normal resets to 2%.
  16. Superb idea. Can even implement a separate Cooking Upgrade with new plants and spliced plants that produces seeds for creating oil. Maybe the developers can have a look at this @Ipsquiggle
  17. i get confusing feelings whenever i read one of your posts johmwatsom
  18. Glass???

Does glass turn in to magma as well? It is very roundabout but you could get more ignious rock from fertilizer using metal volcanoes.
  19. Toadstool farm

It is "A New Reign", the name of all the updates that came at that time, including those you described (that's the Antlion, btw). The name comes from Charlie taking over in the DS world. I really recommend playing, there were a lot of cool new stuff and you'll learn them pretty fast I'm sure Sorry to hear about your old world, but at least you can make a better one (not all the stuff from the beta could be retrofitted so well as if they were there since the generation).
  20. I don't know if this is a troll post, but I'll bait xD That is a very famous image, to the point it became a pop culture symbol, specially with the feminism movements having place all around the world. Winona is clearly inspired on it, as many other things are nowadays. Including some girls clothing fashion, and female characters on many video games, movies, and every other form of visual art / entertainment. DST is special, but not THAT special xD
  21. Toadstool farm

I don't really know what ANR stands for, so I guess yes haha. I stopped playing for a couple weeks back then, and when I wanted to be back it was a new update including the new Monster in the desert, the oasis and the dust storm stuff. It felt so much and I had 500~ days Wes world with a base in the desert and I got so scared to join and get my stuff destroyed I never went back :c The ruins moster only added to that, the puzzle that everyone was looking for a partner to do... I got scared of so much content to learn and moved up to some other games I kinda tried to get back now with some friends and lurked the forum a bit haha. Great to know about the ruins regeneration! Oh, and my world got deleted, I think because it was on the beta branch I had so many nice stuff and an awesome chubby Beefalo
  22. I've noticed single hounds attacking when I leave caves. Is this part of the game, or a bug?
  23. ONI Biology

Probably going to be changed, but yes I think that is correct at the moment.
  24. Glass???

PW to dirt to sand to glass via volcano
  25. Shadow World

Interesting project!! Good look!
  26. ONI Biology

From what I've gathered from various threads, it it correct to state that taming a single pacu will then lead it's offspring to be tame, which will maximize egg/meat production without any further algae? My napkin math says they'll lay 3 eggs before they starve to death, meaning stable space is the only limiting factor to how many eggs or how much food I can produce, and the only investment is the algae to tame the initial pacu. Is that right?
  1. Load more activity