All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Clothing is pretty underwhelming because you have to be wearing it for the insulation to have any affect. If you're used to using mags, armor or mining helm/moggles the thermal stone is honestly way more convenient because it lets you switch between all those in a pinch easily not to mention you can have a whole backpack. Plus it's not hard to warm up a thermal stone by atleast a few degrees so you can quickly start moving with it again because it will still warm you up as you move along, you can even drop it right on top of the fire so it can warm up independently as you do your task since you can easily prevent frost damage with a nearby flame. Even without nearby burnables even a piece of grass or twig is enough for a few degrees plus the convenient ambient warmth/light for whatever other purpose you're doing Clothing shines a lot more in summer because you have the amazing luxury fan for instant cooling which matches perfectly with the eyebrella.
  3. i've tried and they aren't hard, it's easy to consistently do them 1st try after you figure out their gimmick, assuming that you're using a planar weapon for stun at least, haven't got to try without that since there's no reason to do that
  4. Yes, we know that will come in the future as it did for Wolfgang and Wigfrid. And already relevant, yes, unless you've never tried to face the game's planar monsters, especially Wanda's.
  5. adding a way to prevent them from doing that would be fine but don't do that by default, you can use poop as fuel and burn it for heat imo there's no need for it and adding it would make taming beefalos even easier and more boring because of not needing to think about if/how many times you should feed the beef after getting off judging by roughly for how much time you have been riding it for and roughly calculating how much hp it has by now judging by how many hits you took and you get notified about it going below 20% hp anyway
  6. planar is currently irrelevant because they haven't added hard planar bosses yet and she'll probably get planar damage through skill tree anyway
  7. And the concept of "glass cannon" should represent a very high power with a very vulnerable defense. There is no such thing as extremely high power against planar monsters, but only an aggravated vulnerability. Then Wanda becomes just a "glass". Wigfrid is dealing absurd damage when he combines the crown with the book of sanity and his most powerful weapon, but without any vulnerability. And just to note, the longest time of a character I have in DST is exactly Wigfrid. Therefore, this glass cannon idea even made sense when Wanda came to the game, but currently it doesn't make any sense anymore. And I don't even need to mention the size of the indirect nerf that Wanda's teleportation system suffered with the arrival of Frostjaw.
  8. there's no reason to take damage from those, you can get a thermal before winter, a mooncaller/nitre before summer, an umbrella or eyebrella before shadow rifts, get food and there are no hard planar bosses yet, passive because you don't need to do anything to get it after making the clocks unlike other characters needing to get something to heal you don't need to spend time on getting healing from clocks after making them tho, so they're even better, since you can run out of jellybeans/bat bats/tents they need to waste a lot of time on making crock pots, getting a bird cage and getting ingredients for cooking that, so it's fine, no one does that when playing as them unless they're extremely bad at the game getting jellybeans requires spending time, unlike healing using clocks, there's also already no risk because planar enemies don't have attacks that are hard to dodge
  9. Well, my games don't last for 1000+ days, so i never thought about a world full of beefalo poop xD But i agree that tamed beefalos should learn some manners and stop pooping, or do it at the salt lick only. Littering the game with objects is never a good thing. And i agree that the lick can be infinite, or refuelable. Beefalo widget can be as informative (or non-informative) as the base game interface, mods will regulate that. But i guess we agree on that it should be introduced in some way, at least like the one that boats have
  10. I decided to check how the Cyrillic fonts look and found that some letters (Є, є, І, і, Ї, ї, Ґ, ґ, ў) are missing. And the bold font looks too dirty. Similar letters are already in the Cyrillic and Latin alphabets.
  11. The game's various healing systems are extremely broken. And Wanda can't use any of them. Anyone who thinks that the 2-clock healing system is something incredible is certainly ignoring all the healing power of simple-to-make recipes or items intended for this purpose (Jellybeans, Bat Bat, Tent). It's amazing to be a titanium battle tank (Wigfrid) or a steel battle tank (Wolfgang with maximum power, full health and wearing marble armor without penalty). And in addition have wide access to a single inventory slot with 40 Pierogies (1600 hp). It's incredible to be able to face all 3 possessed bosses without any real risk of dying due to having full health and a lot of healing, including Jellybeans.
  12. Yeah well if you exclude freezing, overheating, acid rain, hunger and planar damage. So she actually is a glass cannon, but only once in a while. She also doesn't have infinite passive healing, but infinite active healing and gets infinite passive damage.
  13. I think the terrarium is meant to mimic EoC’s natural spawn where it just randomly shows up on a random player. Not saying it shouldn’t be changed though, this doesn’t work as well in dst as it does in terraria.
  14. wanda mains explaining that 750 effective hp and infinite passive healing is a glass cannon it's easier to fight things as wanda because whip has more range and you can use a 2 seconds cd clock that gives i-frames, you can avoid getting hit by dfly even if you started going away too early and get out of FW's bone cage as wanda, i'm also not sure about why you decided to bring this up in a thread about you not realising that an item that's supposed to delay you heating up delays you heating up
  15. Hope you're ready for that F8 spam! Can't wait to get my friends to play again
  16. Today
  17. I like the idea of Wanda having vulnerabilities. And she has many. On the other hand, wolfgang is just a way to put the game in very easy mode. I even laugh when a content creator says in the title of his broadcast that the world is in hard mode, but he's playing Wolfgang.
  18. adding couple of slots to regular clothing could make it work. Current difference between backpack and clothing is too big
  19. Only if that's a setting you could turn on/off. It's kind of an eyesore imho.
  20. Backpack needs to have it's own slot change my mind.
  21. Rotwood Matchmaking In Rotwood players will have access to multiple tools. We are not offering random matchmaking lobbies in Rotwood. Instead, we have built systems to allow you more direct and indirect control over who you play with. Some of this is pretty unique, so we thought it would be worth explaining. Between Friends In Rotwood, you can see online players from your friends list and join with them directly. Simply click the join link and you're off. This feature is limited to privacy settings, so players with their profiles set to private will not be shown. With a Code When a game is created a special code is generated for the host. Provide this code to anybody you want. Message your code directly to friends or post it online for random people to join. Simply choose “Join a Game” and enter the code. Anybody can join with a code as long as there is still room in the group. Steam Groups This is where it gets interesting. Rather than traditional lobbies we have made use of Steam Community Groups to allow players to curate and moderate their own lobbies. You can either use groups that you are already a part of, or create your own group and add whoever you like. Players can list their games to their favorite groups and choose which groups to match with. As the host. When you create your game, choose which Steam Groups you would like to have access to your game. Other random players will then be able to join your game from their group menu. As a player, join a game, select a group you would like to find a game in and you will be randomly added to one of the games in the group. For more information about Steam Community Groups, click here. Discord Servers We are working directly with Discord on similar functionality for Discord Servers, coming soon. Like Steam Groups, you will be able to list and join games with players who are also members of your Discord servers that you are part of. While that’s not quite ready yet, you can currently list your game in Discord Servers to channels that allow it. With Rotwood open and a game hosted, click the + symbol in the chat box and choose “Invite #ChannelName to Play Rotwood”. Anybody with access to that channel will be able to instantly join your game. And finally - If you see somebody playing Rotwood in Discord and they have their game open to other players, You can click their name and ask to join from there!
  22. Even pockets would do great just to have clothing for, or have clothing as sort of backpack alternatives you do same mechanic of dropping on the ground. Then again, maybe there being different types of clothing - ones that are light enough to keep a backpack on and giving average or decent stats while heavy ones would require to drop the backpack cause there's too much to get around to them. It could also work like you could have a backpack on, but you can't access it cause of the vest obstructing your access to it. It would be some juggling to do when you wanna get to use what's inside, but you'll at least be able to carry over loot you find while staying comfortable. I still am saying that Thermalstones are kinda lame, they made them so powerful in DST that nothing else compares for seasonal protection, personally speaking. I can juggle well between items and heat and cold, but I'd like to juggle slightly less without killing my extra inventory i can cram stuff on the go somewhere. You know how closing backpack is a thing? Basically that. Wearing clothes would close backpack till taken off. Simple enough. Can't use that extra storage without stripping off the armor or clothing. You don't need pockets for clothes cause that'll act as such, but under the layer of clothing you gotta remove and give away some seconds to any element you'd get exposed to.
  23. YES!!!!! So happy!!! Buying it nowwwwwwww
  24. Here we go again! Rotwood is now in Early Access! Once again, we want to extend a huge “THANK YOU” to all of our playtesters and fans who have helped us up to this point. We appreciate the support and we can’t wait for you to see the results of that effort. While we do try our best to make Early Access an enjoyable experience for our players, this is a time of active development, feedback, and changes. If you prefer to wait until the game is more fully formed, we totally understand, and we’ll be sure to let everybody know before any future price changes. What is Rotwood? If you’re not yet familiar with Rotwood; you should check out the Early Access announcement here. There is a lot of great information about the game and Early Access details in there for you. What’s next? For those of you who aren’t familiar with how we handle Early Access, you can expect an update post that will describe our priorities and a description of the general development cadence. We then reevaluate internally at various times and provide a new plan as we approach the delivery of what was outlined. While we already have an idea of what we want to do, we would like to give the game some time to simmer with the community so we can listen carefully before committing to our next steps. It’s important to us to deliver on our plan properly and for that, we need to get a better sense of what you think of the game versus what we are attempting to deliver. For now, our focus is entirely on gathering early feedback and bug reports and continuing work on the first big update. More details to come soon! Thanks again, and have fun!
  25. Well according to this, you unraveled it as soon as you got it. Next time you weave it, you can use it. Don’t unravel it.
  26. I'm sorry you have gone through this, but let me explain a little bit here. Nothing in a screenshot is proven. I can't see who any of those players are - or what took place before or after any of these moments. While your situation is certainly frustrating for you, It's not just about what happens to you, but what happens between other players as well and what we can prove. I don't think many people would be surprised to know that a good portion, if not majority of complaints about these sorts of interactions also include additional information about the interaction oftentimes also implicating the person filing the complaint as well as any number of other factors that change or otherwise influence any decision we would make. Unfortunately, it is also quite often that people file complaints over meaningless encounters, misunderstandings as well as outright falsehoods. I am not suggesting this is the case for you, but I am saying that blindly banning or otherwise taking action on an account when all we have to go by is screenshots and complaints is a dangerous thing to do. I investigated your original ticket quite a bit. So much so that I used it to help determine next steps for what we are going to be doing about situations such as yours. Because your complaint does matter and we want better systems in place too. I spent several hours just trying to figure out what I could know conclusively about your complaint as well as a few others. Unfortunately what can be proven, is very little. DST operates under the assumption that we are not directing people to play with each other. If players are unhappy playing public games, they should move to private games. To operate a moderation team and tools to monitor private servers is questionable and unfeasible for a studio like ours. I do not have a solution to your issue, at this time. But we are working on something. Not to moderate or otherwise monitor what happens in your games. But to give players better control over their games. I do usually take these down, but I am going to leave this one up for now - but I am going to remove the screenshots.
  1. Load more activity