All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Everyone is complaining about the lack of full fire immunity, and here I am, trying to remember the last time being in fire for an extended time was an actual problem...
  3. Gotta love the editor saving the wrong version of the post so you gotta rewrite it all I'm not strongly opinionated one way or another which I guess is a problem considering how hyped the other characters/changes got me. So I'll throw in my two cents: Disadvantages Wagstaff's downside is great because it limits head equip usage. Wormwood's downside is great because it changed the entire way player's heal. Wheeler's (old) downside was a huge crutch, but it did make you item aware. Woodleg's downside is niche to water mechanics but it's alright. Webber/Wortox's monster tag makes a decent amount of difference. Wigfrid's diet restriction makes an decent amount of difference. Maxwell's remarkably low HP makes an ok amount of difference. Downsides should be relatively impassable while changing play-style. With Wagstaff you either accept your limitation or deal with the nearsightedness. With Wormwood you ignore healing foods and stock up on healing items. With Woodlegs you would want to spend as much time on water as possible. With Webber you hang around spiders instead of pigs. With Wigfrid you can only eat meat. Maxwell's is a bit iffy but it makes you less keen on tanking/more keen on storing up extra health items. My problem with the temperature-related stuff is that it requires you to be doing poorly already. It's not introducing a new threat, it's making a present threat worse. In other words, so long as you take care of downsides of Winter you take care of the downsides of Willow. I don't agree with that. Advantages Advantages can inadvertently change play-style and tend to focus on an integral game mechanic. They also can't be acquired through the Celestial Portal. Wolfgang makes combat quicker. WX-78 makes kiting/tanking easier. Wickerbottom makes harvesting easier. Maxwell makes chopping & sanity easier. While playing Don't Starve Together you simply cannot avoid combat. I mean, sure you could but that's a lot of content you just locked yourself out of, and even then you're still kiting hounds into tentacles or something. Harvesting is the most integral part of the game, and you'll be doing it even at the end of end games. Even if you've got some awesome automated farms setup, you still gotta drop by to collect. Fire Immunity (partially...) - Honestly even with the full fire invulnerability that the base-game provided this perk doesn't follow the loose rules I mentioned. However, one of the most recognized aspects of this ability was combat-based, and that was the insane fire DPS you could do with her perk paired with the inventory fire mechanics. Buff Bernie - This one isn't the worst either, and it is combat-based. A taunt as a mechanic is really neat. My main concerns lie with the theme. Willow is first and foremost a firestarter. She isn't known for being the Orphan With the Teddy Bear. Not to mention we do already have Wendy but who knows what Klei has planned for her. Efficient Fire Fuel - This one isn't too bad. It sort of falls into harvesting, as you won't really need to harvest as much or as often. Ultimately I think it's more or less fine, but it's a bit minuscule. Not to mention this is a multiplayer game. Sure, you might have people make Willow the official fire starter at base to save a few logs, but you can just as easily get a Maxwell to chop an entire forest down. That brings me to my next point: Synergy I'm talking like WIckerbottom & WX-78. Perhaps a bit overpowered, but it's a foot in the right direction. Don't Starve is first and foremost a multiplayer game, so I'd love to see some proper teamwork mechanics being integrated into these reworks. So Then... What? Surprise surprise, the hardest part of criticism: potential solutions. In all honesty, I don't have any really. Just spitballing (not all at once obviously): [Disadvantage] Have Willow burn flammable head/body wear. This is probably a bit much but it would open to door to giving some mostly unused items some time to shine. i.e. using marble suits instead of logs suits until you get your grubby hands on some Thulecite. [Disadvantage] If you wanna do something really weird: Have Willow be just as susceptible as everyone else to overheating, and make it a constant threat—even during winter. So you'll be ignoring winter gear in place of keeping yourself cool at all times. [Advantage] Have Willow charge up her tools similarly to Obsidian in Shipwrecked. [Advantage] Have Willow do AoE fire damage around her while overheating—or other criteria. No fires set. [Advantage] Have Willow thaw out of the Frozen Status quicker or simply be immune. - Too Situational The Obvious ...Still not getting anywhere? Then maybe it's time to actually consider a half-revert to her single-player counterpart. Give her full fire immunity back. Bring back inventory fires. It isn't as flashy as Wormwood, Winona, Wortox, or Wagstaff, but it's honestly a pretty solid advantage that I think most people would be content with. I think the main focus should be on getting her a better disadvantage than the current DST one & a less griefy one than the current DS one.
  4. Oh that ability will be pretty interesting. It would make her good for base's that don't have flingo's!!
  5. Fire immunity sounds good but I wouldn't really care if they did not add it. It really isn't THAT useful. Klei probably won't add fire immunity but I do think it would be nice if they did.
  6. How Mk desease work ?

I'm pretty sure he meant "QOL MK III" and omitted the additional words. There are a fair number of missing words in his post as well, but it's possible to deduce the meaning. I'm assuming it's English as a second language, and thus I'm not judging, since my own language skills are terrible.
  7. ah, a new contender, very well, i shall present my argument then, first off, the "fire farm", sanity, in its current state, is not something that one wants for quite a long time, dark swords and all that, the damage is not exactly useful, a single fire, that does not do much damage, with it being 12 damage max per second,a mere 12 damage for each rope stack a second, remember that you need to gather all of this grass, all for less then half of a spears damage, then the bernies, bernie in his current state does not regen hp, eventually, one or more will run out of life, requiring a repair, combine this with the silk cost to make them in the first place, and unless you have a webber, and he still can spider farm post rework, thats gonna take a large amount of silk for all those repair kits / bernies once they start gettin worn down, plus, bernie does not follow players, only walks around, meaning that if you want to use them you will have to carry MANY bernies around, taking up inventory slots, and if you leave them at base, chances are another insane player will walk in eventually, causing shadows to take even more health from em.
  8. How Mk desease work ?

Dupe gets infected by germs by breathing or eating stuff (both routes work for all diseases now) Infected dupe wakes up (usually after sleep shift, but also narcoleptic, tired etc.) Infection roll is made. Affected by disease itself (30% for slime and poisoning, 90% for spores), disease difficulty, vitamins and dupe vulnerability. Dupe gains the illness or not. Dupe loses the infected status regardless of whether illness takes hold or not There might be some threshold mechanic regarding the infected status, but I wasn't able to decipher it. So far it looks like single whiff of infected air or bite of infected food is instant infection. Infection doesn't have an amount or power. A dupe is either totally unaffected, infected by germs or completely ill.
  9. not quite tho... She has a new meta combining insanity + taunting as @ShadowDuelistwas saying.. you can focus in an army or Bernies for big battles or one bernie for exploration with a sewing kit to repair him in case of emergency and bernie now fights too... I think this is cool.. we just need to see it in game.. any change expects a bit of resistance.. but we need to test further... 6 secs fire immunity and more overheating res is already much better than it was before and fire immunity would be very niche anyways..
  10. I think a good change for Willow would be to give her the ability to extinguish things on fire (with the exclusion of firepits and campfires). It could function similar to how every character can extinguish smoldering items, but Willow could also extinguish things that are already burning, but maybe at a cost for some health. Willow is seen as a big griefer magnet, and I think a change like this could flip that, as other willows could extinguish a griefer's flames, while the griefer is getting vote kicked. To me, it seems like an Anti-Griefing measure that fits well with her character.
  11. It’s not new though, it’s a different version of Abigail, and I already played with that toy.
  12. I know people want total fire immunity, but is it needed? Could any task improved by fire immunity be done in 6 seconds, and if not, can it be managed (example: walk away before the 6 seconds are up and then walk back)
  13. Another PvP Poll

How many discussions and polls on pvp do we really need?
  14. The reason I (and Im guessing a lot of other people) really want Fire Immunity is because of creative stuff like this. If something gets out of hand, there can be a tweak to Willow's sanity gain for items on fire. However, I feel methods like this will actually allow her to be *at least par* with other characters (especially the reworked/new ones)
  15. Sure, if we can still craft bernies, just craft a full backpack of them, go fight whatever, drop them all, and get insane. Even if they deal 10 damage, its an insta army of things luring the enemies, tougher than an army of spiders.
  16. I also have mixed feelings but I think her direction is changing and a lot of people are resistant to accept something new... I wrote a bit more in detail about bernie here if you want to check it out https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/105380-on-defense-of-bernie/
  17. That's actually super useful, wow. Now I want fire immunity even more. Sanity management and makeshift fire farms sound like awesome additions to Willow. Can you elaborate? Cause I don't see it at first glance.
  18. Shipwrecked characters in hamlet

Walani: is....meh she just needs seashells in the oddball shop to craft more surfboards - Nothing special Warly: is fun in a Wes kinda way, he's my favorite out of the SW crew - Good Wilbur: is kinda boring but he can uncover the map quicker than most and get early tier 1 magic thanks to his poop throwing abilities- Overall decent Woodlegs: is random but mostly terrible, lose -60 sanity PER DAY and heavy depends on the randomness of the lucky hat which by the way is harder to repair due to the lack of silk - Depends on your luck
  19. thats a 2 second brain scheme if I've ever seen one.
  20. It can be abused too. You can try now with willow and the scalemail for the fire inmunity. Drop 40 ropes to the ground one by one (not in a stack) light them on fire for less than 20 seconds and then put out with a water baloon. Standing there gives you literally hundreds of sanity points instantly, and you dont loose not even 1 rope. This can be used to dish a ton of damage to mobs as well, similar to DS fire farms. With innate fire inmunity she wouldnt even need the scalemail... About bernie, if she can still craft bernies we'd get an army of bernies fighting and luring as long as she is insane, which wont affect her at all since bernies lure shadows too. Thay sounds absolutely amazing... Also for those complaining about getting the beard, you can get several stacks of beard by day 10, just seek bunnymen, get insane, and kill them. Also find the monkeys, wait for nightmare phase, and also kill them. The perks proposed by klei seem really strong if you think them through, and the perks proposed by the community seem even more powerful. I have mixed feelings about fire inmunity now. We'll get pro players like laknish or jantonio showing everyone these fire farms exploits on youtube, and then everyone will complain how OP she is...
  21. This is an aside, but: It's not. But that doesn't mean you need a sour gas converter, or steam power from a volcano. I stopped my QOL 2 colony at around cycle 1350, and it consumed around 22-24 kw on average. I didn't have a sour gas converter, a 10 kg/s oil boiler plus steam power from various sources was enough to generate that much. I had a magma volcano, but I never tapped it for energy. You're guaranteed 2 oil wells, and 3 is common. That's 6.6 - 9.9 kg/s of oil. Converted to petroleum in a boiler, and burned in boosted petroleum generators, that's 15 kw. Plus energy from natural gas from the oil wells, and natural gas geysers. If you're building a sour gas converter, it's because you need more energy efficiency from your renewable sources of oil, OR you want more polluted water byproduct from that oil. The math is something like 4x as much polluted water from oil converted to natural gas than from petroleum. Oil boilers are another topic, even if it's related. They're much easier than sour gas converters. Heat efficiency is important in them, because a 10 kg/s oil boiler is (400 C - 80 C) * 10 kg/s * 1.76 DTU/g/K = 5,600 kDTU/s if you brute force it. That's far more energy than you get from a volcano, and 9.5x what you get from a thermium aquatuner running water. To get 10kg/s you MUST transfer heat to the incoming oil, rather than converting it to electricity in a steam turbine.
  22. I would've suggested spoiling your work due to the huge amount but thanks for making a thread here. Beautiful amount of detail on this! Also love the correct touch on the tallbird feet. I'm strangely thinking of my own drawing:
  23. HD Textures

For the low price of buying the game again HD textures can be yours in a couple years, pre-order now today then you can be the proud owner of HD textures !! *Gameplay not included
  24. @JoeW could you pls give a bit of info on Bernie stats? and does she need to be insane always for bernie to grow in size?
  1. Load more activity