All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. DST Forum polls

I've always loved these pictures with Wilson in a natural environment like this. Are there others?
  3. I won't dabble too much in this nonsense but DO keep in mind that: - Klei separated both games because they didn't wanna disrupt game balance for those who played SP (since a lot of things like fire are really different, nevermind some characters). -they designed SW and HAM in such a way that the singleplayer community could have more stuff like classic DS; a pretty harsh game balanced in such a way that a singleplayer could feel as a part of a breathing-living world. They didn't make HAM for dst because it was never meant for it. They made it oriented to singleplayer, just like the original DS. But apparently that's wrong, because we have a community of whiny fellas that don't really understand how much they actually get because they feel some things must be a certain, specific way. Gee, some of you guys make me feel like I'm in some sort of manchild kindergarten. Only thing this is missing is the completely ridiculous "Warbucks best char" resurrection plea.
  4. DST Forum polls

You honor me so greatly with this poll You even turned where is base into a question... and to think i was one of the people who started spamming GenDisc with all these polls... I love how this has went. Words cannot express my pride rn, ughhhh Cheers to more polls!!!!
  5. Hi Is it me that does really care about in-game music, or a shared thought, but I think they should really add more musics, and get a bigger soundtrack. I do like the fact that ambiant music is changing depending on your zoom and location, but I mean, even I like actual tracks, we're spending so much time into ONI that I would love to have a bigger track list... This topic just to gather opinion, if no one care, of if I'm supported Have a nice day everyone ! PS : the default zoom music makes me feel I'm in Besaid Island...
  6. 1- Deerclops doesn't DE-Aggro from the Player / Players. 2- Ancient Fuel Weaver is immune to gunpowder. 3- Spread but lessens the amount of food on the map. 4- Remove the Instant kill boat bug. 5- Guide Book In-Game to help new players get to winter. ( you would be surprised with how many people that die in the first 20 days ). 6- La-.-*(g||\\]}. 7- Fighting improvements. 8- eating animations, seriously you can't just shove a Dragon pie straight down your throat, i tried it. 9- " Danger " or " Cruel " style of worlds, where traps and such affect the players, and Griefing is allowed, with people claiming lands as their own and fighting it out, ( not just PVP, Cause PVP in DST basically relies on Luck ) 10- Umbrella : a structure that can be placed, lowers the players temp. and has durability. 11- Lunar Boss ? 12- ~~re-skins ?~~ ( not generally skin for items and such, but re-draw of some of the old classic items ? 13- a new mob after day 250, that comes in waves to replace hounds, or to come with them. 14- Separate " darts " from their ammo, Dart : 4-5 reeds, ammo for Darts : stinger and according feather. ( darts have higher durability than 1 or no durability ) 15- " that's not how you use a spear " 16- Level system with rewards, XP and such shenanigans. 17- make Beefalos travel around ( Savannah, grass lands and forests ) 18- make more use of Volx goats, they sometimes go un-noticed or not used. due to their 'Home' moving. 19- Boat attaches ( Please, i want to be captain sparrow, with a huge ship and some wes slaves as pirates. 20- make a use of pengulls :/, they are cute, but go useless throughout winter. 21- Nerf Wes. [ Feel free to share your ideas in the comments, just reasonable ones. xD ] oh last thing, this is a wish-list and my opinion and my ideas and im not 'demanding' anything, i think RoT is a great update and im excited to see the end result. so, let's not turn this comment section into WW3 simulator.
  7. Showcase for Boats

Oh hey, I didn't see this here. Want to see my Maxwell galleon? No? I didn't ask you if you didn't want to. It ain't exactly a flashy boat, or decorated one, but it had Maxwells on it.
  8. There's also a command to drag specific people over, and also one for yoinking over everyone in the server. I'll see if I can find it, but the Lazy Forager is actually a brilliant idea. I hadn't considered that one yet.
  9. deleted account

I did this research on the second page for you because this is very common.
  10. Please make stone slabs renewable!!

I'm curious what this line of code does in the rock_flippable.lua file: local function getregentimefn(inst) if inst.components.pickable then local num_cycles_passed = math.min(inst.components.pickable.max_cycles - inst.components.pickable.cycles_left, 0) return TUNING.FLIPPABLE_ROCK_REPOPULATE_TIME + TUNING.FLIPPABLE_ROCK_REPOPULATE_INCREASE * num_cycles_passed + math.random() * TUNING.FLIPPABLE_ROCK_REPOPULATE_VARIANCE else return TUNING.FLIPPABLE_ROCK_REPOPULATE_TIME end end Maybe the game repopulates flippable rocks if they're broken? Or maybe it does nothing?
  11. Wes-a-week™

Hey thanks man, me too Can't wait to see where this goes! Oh yeah, I just might do that and post it in here! And thanks man, means a lot
  12. Hi, I have a code for my hat (from hat example mod): local assets= { Asset("ANIM", "anim/hat_bee_bw.zip"), Asset("ANIM", "anim/hat_bee_bw_swap.zip"), Asset("ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/hat_bee_bw.xml"), Asset("IMAGE", "images/inventoryimages/hat_bee_bw.tex"), } local prefabs = { } local function fn() local function OnEquip(inst, owner) owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_hat", "hat_bee_bw_swap", "swap_hat") owner.AnimState:Show("HAT") owner.AnimState:Show("HAT_HAIR") owner.AnimState:Hide("HAIR_NOHAT") owner.AnimState:Hide("HAIR") print('A') if owner:HasTag("player") then print('B') owner.AnimState:Hide("HEAD") owner.AnimState:Show("HEAD_HAIR") end end local function OnUnequip(inst, owner) owner.AnimState:Hide("HAT") owner.AnimState:Hide("HAT_HAIR") owner.AnimState:Show("HAIR_NOHAT") owner.AnimState:Show("HAIR") if owner:HasTag("player") then owner.AnimState:Show("HEAD") owner.AnimState:Hide("HEAD_HAIR") end end local inst = CreateEntity() local trans = inst.entity:AddTransform() local anim = inst.entity:AddAnimState() MakeInventoryPhysics(inst) anim:SetBank("hat_bee_bw") anim:SetBuild("hat_bee_bw") anim:PlayAnimation("idle") inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem") inst.components.inventoryitem.imagename = "hat_bee_bw" inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/hat_bee_bw.xml" inst:AddComponent("equippable") inst.components.equippable.equipslot = EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip(OnEquip) inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip(OnUnequip) inst:AddComponent("inspectable") inst:AddComponent("tradable") return inst end return Prefab("common/inventory/hat_bee_bw", fn, assets, prefabs) And I would like to add this perk to it: local function disguise_onequip(inst, owner) setOpenTop(inst, owner) inst.monster = owner:HasTag("monster") owner:RemoveTag("monster") end local function disguise_unequip(inst, owner) hideHat(inst, owner) if inst.monster then inst.monster = nil owner:AddTag("monster") end end local function disguise() local inst = simple() inst:AddTag("disguise") inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip( disguise_onequip ) inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip( disguise_unequip ) inst.opentop = true return inst end And this perk: local function pith() local inst = simple() inst.components.equippable.dapperness = TUNING.DAPPERNESS_SMALL inst:AddComponent("fueled") inst.components.fueled.fueltype = "USAGE" inst.components.fueled:InitializeFuelLevel(TUNING.PITHHAT_PERISHTIME) inst.components.fueled:SetDepletedFn(generic_perish) --inst.components.equippable.walkspeedmult = 0.1 --inst:AddComponent("armor") --inst.components.armor:InitCondition(TUNING.ARMOR_PITHHAT, TUNING.ARMOR_PITHHAT_ABSORPTION) --inst.components.armor:SetTags({"antmask"}) inst:AddTag("venting") inst:AddTag("fogproof") inst:AddComponent("waterproofer") inst.components.waterproofer:SetEffectiveness(TUNING.WATERPROOFNESS_MED) return inst end The problem is, I can not paste it to the mod prefab and make it work. How should the script look to give the hat mod those two perks? Please, help. Ok, I added the Shamlet Mask perk, the code looks like that now: local assets= { Asset("ANIM", "anim/hat_bee_bw.zip"), Asset("ANIM", "anim/hat_bee_bw_swap.zip"), Asset("ATLAS", "images/inventoryimages/hat_bee_bw.xml"), Asset("IMAGE", "images/inventoryimages/hat_bee_bw.tex"), } local prefabs = { } local function fn() local function OnEquip(inst, owner) owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_hat", "hat_bee_bw_swap", "swap_hat") owner.AnimState:Show("HAT") owner.AnimState:Show("HAT_HAIR") owner.AnimState:Hide("HAIR_NOHAT") owner.AnimState:Hide("HAIR") inst.monster = owner:HasTag("monster") owner:RemoveTag("monster") print('A') if owner:HasTag("player") then print('B') owner.AnimState:Hide("HEAD") owner.AnimState:Show("HEAD_HAIR") end end local function OnUnequip(inst, owner) owner.AnimState:Hide("HAT") owner.AnimState:Hide("HAT_HAIR") owner.AnimState:Show("HAIR_NOHAT") owner.AnimState:Show("HAIR") if inst.monster then inst.monster = nil owner:AddTag("monster") end if owner:HasTag("player") then owner.AnimState:Show("HEAD") owner.AnimState:Hide("HEAD_HAIR") end end local inst = CreateEntity() local trans = inst.entity:AddTransform() local anim = inst.entity:AddAnimState() MakeInventoryPhysics(inst) anim:SetBank("hat_bee_bw") anim:SetBuild("hat_bee_bw") anim:PlayAnimation("idle") inst:AddComponent("inventoryitem") inst.components.inventoryitem.imagename = "hat_bee_bw" inst.components.inventoryitem.atlasname = "images/inventoryimages/hat_bee_bw.xml" inst:AddComponent("equippable") inst.components.equippable.equipslot = EQUIPSLOTS.HEAD inst.components.equippable:SetOnEquip(OnEquip) inst.components.equippable:SetOnUnequip(OnUnequip) inst:AddComponent("inspectable") inst:AddComponent("tradable") return inst end return Prefab("common/inventory/hat_bee_bw", fn, assets, prefabs)
  13. Leek-leech. Could be an ocean mob?
  14. Please make stone slabs renewable!!

Yess, flip them back down. I'm from Brazil, I need my feijoada every sunday
  15. Sometimes it happens that dupes, when delivering resources to a construction of pipes or cables and also, when delivering fertilization materials to farm tiles, that they miss a very tiny amount. That tiny amount then never gets delivered. With cables and pipes, the solution is easy, just cancel the build and start it again but it's aggravating when it happens to a mushroom tile, which takes a while to grow... Screenshot attached
  16. Walls are not our enemies lol

I agree 100%. I would also like to add that if there are too many objects in the way, like the bunny huts in my bunny farm, you can't lock on to anything. Pressing R3 should have the game latch on to the closest living being, or a boss when present. This one's just me spitballing but holding R3 and moving the right c stick should allow you to switch between targets. It would save a lot on headaches
  17. while u play Webber u can make spider wars, feed one spider, then hit another, and all around spiders will connect to fight BUT!!!!!!!!!!! there is a moment when u klick button to attack and make a damage - at that moment he rice hand and if u quicly move out - u will not hit anyone, but your minion spider will attack. so, they start fight and will not attack you - collect all loot instant
  18. Dumb little poll

Saladmander ftw but koalefant out of the options.
  19. Today
  20. A gas valve, the flow can be set manually eg 2500g/s, by typing in a number, when set, a dupe will change the valve according to a schedule. If a valves flow is copied and then applied to any other gas valve, the valve will never get changed by a dupe, it will remain at it's original value, despite showing the pasted value. To change a valve's flow rate, each valve must be set manually. A valve can have a value pasted, but, the value must be selected first and then the Return key must be pressed, the valve will now get set according to a dupes schedule.
  21. Please make stone slabs renewable!!

If in 20 days you can't find a better alternative for any of those things than waiting 2/3 of the game year to walk around all day long for days flipping over some rocks, you're doing it very, very wrong. Even the most inexperienced player should discover significantly better and more reliable ways to get those things, like gnat mounds and dung balls. I don't think those crock pot recipes being renewable is worth making much fuss about, but people like stuff to be renewable and it would have practically zero effect on the difficulty curve.
  22. Thank you! It will for sure come in handy!
  23. ban koopa for being a goomba, goodbye *crushes you*
  24. Werewilba last too long

This is all the more reason to leave it like it is; werepig form is so incredibly useful and powerful that there really ought to be some inconvenience of actual consequence. Even as it is I really don't think anybody "hates" using Werewilba.
  25. Nope even during day Only the houseless merm aggro when ever -You can do the moon event and leave the staff in the moon socket. It will give infinite light and coolness. You can build 2 scale furnace on each side and it will create a zone that you never suffer from ANY of the temperature effect. - i saw it once of twice already but the most efficient way to do meaty stew is 1 meat, 1 monster meat, 2 (morsel, frog leg, drumstick or fish). -You can keep Bearger alive to fight deerclop during winter. Bearger is way stronger then deerclop because he is hibernating and will win 100% of the time. Be mindful that he can eat deerclop eyeball on the floor. - Koalefant have the herd mentality meaning that if you attack one they will all aggro on you. Usefull against hounds if you manage to put a certain number of koalefant in the same zone. -Bunnyman will aggro on you if you attack pigman. -You can attack unwanted slurtle/snurtle with a torch to insta kill them. -During Year of the varg, you can use the clay hounds to kill Dragonfly. (Ill edit that post to add a video of that)
  1. Load more activity