All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No you are proving that everyone who gets good at DST needs only to play wes. With your logic everyones perks become irrelevant. I dont need maxwells prison spell/ duelists to kill bee queen since i can do it as wes. However i find myself using the slingshot in pretty much all combat encounters in dst: Mushgnomes i smack with melee then finish them off with gold rounds after they form ring of spore bombs. Big woby plus gold rounds to kill big tentacles. Gold rounds does dark sword dps verse regular tentacles for easy monster meat for woby and spikes. Ice rounds can one shot freeze clockworks to more easily divide and conquer them and you can carry up to 6 slots of ice staffs per one slot of ice rounds which justifies me carrying them around. One ice staff isnt worth carrying around but 6 for 1 definitely is. If brightshades spawn too close to each other i use enlightened crown plus gold rounds to kill them off and finish last one with melee. Gold rounds to aggro nightmare werepig. Any other player has to go outta their way for a boomerrang or ice staff for same results and these items dont justify the slot they take up. Use thulecite/slow down rounds alongside 9 armoured bunnymen to mess up bee queen. Using mag/cane and road allows you to never get hit. Antlion you can kill from range which makes her mess up her pillar wall ring. It ends up spawning with holes in it so dodging the rest of her attacks while on big woby is so easy. If i spot a lone pig in the early game i smack it with spear and finish off with gold rounds for easy meat/skin. Great for finishing off running bunnymen too. Slingshot is great to use with followers. You can amass morsels from birds quickly to tame an army of pigs to kill hounds/spider queen while you sit back slinging away as they distract mobs. Can box yourself in a stone wall box during hound waves if you want and slingshot them freely from safety... more of a noob tactic for those who are bad at melee. Ice rounds are useful for crab king. Never have to juggle staffs. Thulecite rounds annihilate phase 3 CC. Walter is one of the best characters for rushing the entirety of CC quest line and killing it. Since he loses sanity on damage it makes him perfect for this fight. Slingshot becomes alot stronger once you have enlightened crown. Can stun lock nightmare creatures with slingshot. Using slingshot feels really nice when used with follower armies. Maybe klei should add skills to boost slingshot when fighting with others?
  3. Every turf has a priority that allows it to overlap on top of a turf will lesser priority. For exsample road seems to have the lowest priority, and beard hair rug the highest. This poses a problem with some design choices. For exsample red mosaic flooring is above grey, but below blue. If I want to have red squares surrounded by blue roads I can't, because blue turf has a priority and will shrink the square. Is it possible to rework this mechanic so that the player placed turfs had the priority of whichever turf you put last > previous one?
  4. Give me some good exsamples of that then. Klaus exsample just proves my point further. You do know his lunge has a timer, right? You don't need speed boost you can just predict when he is gonna do it, and simply start dodging a second earlier.
  5. He does have abit of options. I choose torch tree over full transmutation. As i find myself using the upgraded torches alot more over being able to turn rot into manure or cut stone into marble. Clearly other people choose full transmutation. My problem right now with the skill trees is it takes way too long to unlock all insight points even for one character.
  6. I think the torch side could use some more power, but the beard side feels only useful for new players. I don't like fighting Klaus or Dragonfly with insulation gear because the heat will melt you. I basically keep it shaved year round for boss fighting.
  7. Today
  8. They can do that themselves by just not investing his skill trees, this "vanilla dst experience" is changing everyone is gonna get a skill tree if a new player actually enjoyed and stuck with the game they will use skill trees how about giving him actual options.
  9. A couple of (subjective) observations which may explain the meta: The meat from the critters during early game is a very easiliy obtainable source of food, especially so on the more difficult asteriods (eg. radiated ocean) All the drowning nastiness reduce the drain on your most critical (early) game resource: dupe labour time (there are ways to avoid that). Critter droppers are easy to build fire&forget mechanisms. OTOH stable population management is much more challenging when actively egg cracking. Cracking eggs loses a huge amount of calories for most of the critters, notable exceptions are Shine bugs, Sweetles, Pacus and Pokeshells Omelette does not count towards Carnivore achievement Late game I am drowning in meat which my dupes are ignoring because there are better food types available: the critters' byproducts are much more valuable than the meat (except Hatches). And although Mushroom Quiche is probably the better food option, it's not exactly high on my priority list. The game does not encourage chicken pen style ranching, players wanting to do that have to put in extra effort. TL;DR: (most likely) the more difficult population management is the real egg cracking deal breaker for new(er) players.
  10. A faster firing speed means that the slingshot stays more on the expensive side as klei want ranged options to be while giving quite literally the same damage boost. Pebbles not oneshotting birds is irrelevant as you can amass an infinite amount of gold from the ruins, or recycle your own gold from morsels dropped by birds. Buffing firing speed also means that you can get a lot more shots off in the same amount of time as if you dealt higher damage in a mob's attack period, resulting in more damage overall against fast targets for example as Walter almost never has the luxury of standing still to fire his slingshot.
  11. When I refer to the main island I'm talking about the iceberg/icy island (wanted to make it clear)
  12. When you defeat Gary close to the edge of the iceberg/icy island just as it's falling apart he drives away from the main point of respawn if the ice totally breaks Gary gains the ability to walk on top of the sea, it shouldn't be that important but it makes it tedious when you want to exchange the fishes for the Bootlegs while your character is constantly falling because of the ice and you getting stressed because the chunk of ice is about to break. Would probably recommend that he respawns into the main island if for some reason he falls into the water. (Console user here [Unsure if pc has the same problem]).
  13. Slingshot remains relevant. If you are just using the slingshot for everything then it can be troublesome but using it mixed with melee feels natural and fun. Example klaus' first phase its easy to kite melee but second phase with lunge is harder if you dont have any speed boosts. As Walter i melee him down to second phase then finish off with slingshot. I hate exploits, slingshot is not a cheese, its very fairly balanced right now. You can have easy fights with it at the cost of time and ammo. Fair trade. However it wouldnt take much buffing for the slingshot to go from a niche but fun utility tool working alongside melee, to straight up OP. Walter is my main but i really dont want his skilltree being all about his slingshot. Klei needs to focus more on Walter and Wobys relationship with any buffs to the slingshot being a connected skill to be used alongside big woby. Klei needs to give big woby powerful mounted skills to make it so no walter player would ever want to replace her with a beefalo at any stage of the game, early or very late.
  14. It seems like every time I get the “Which save type do you want to use?” I always find that Cloud Data always says 0.01KB with an incorrect date, choosing that would obviously cause your data on your console to get wiped and everything gets deleted. Here is one example: The only way I seen this case happen is when you unplug your Xbox while running/playing the game or when restarting your Xbox while the save icon is indicated. Either way, if you get this message, always choose console to avoid your data being wiped. I’ve never found any problems using quick resume on this game, nor do I either get the “Which save type do you want to choose?” Message.
  15. It doesn't matter. You can use moon base (that thing in the forest) to summon werepigs. So they never gonna get extinct
  16. Noone is forgetting. It's just not relevant once you learn how to fight these mobs. Also, I'm surprised the guy who hates cheese loves the slighshot
  17. Yeah, I hate starvation ranching, feels exploity, I usually go with plants and have no problems. But i dont go for all achievements colonies.
  18. Hello, I was wondering if there players out there who don't intentionally let their critters strave and drown them after they reached adulthood. There are many ways to play the game but if I read about beginner's question on reddit there's usually at least one post that implies a meat farm is necessary (is that the case on the hardest difficulty or for the archievements?) This isn't a meta question but what about make them happy, domestic them for their non-meat products and let the dupes eat the eggs. The dropped meat after they die a happy death is just a useful by-product. Butchering them when a famine happens is an ok and a dupe live is more important than a critter live.
  19. I am aware. These are 14.9kg and 20kg packets in about 500kg of water each.
  20. This is one of the moments that I think I agree that we need a tweak in power, specifically on the torch side. We need torches having atleast 3 more perks to go along with it to be able to stay balanced. Don't make it better than a lantern or buff it a lot, just make it so torches can be used in plenty of different areas of the game rather than just tossing it on the ground which was something a lantern could already do.
  21. As a torch tree enjoyer. Gonna have to disagree. The only useful bit of the transmulation tree is the gem branch to get early iridesence gem and the only useful bit of the beard tree is boosted insulation. Beard storage is meh because you have to wait for the beard to grow and i wont always have a full beard in the end of spring/summer for example. This leaves only the torch tree to invest in. In all its glory! I never have to worry about long shard transitions for bulbs, can quickly and cheaply throw torches around to makeshift nighttime or cave battle arenas. Torch branch is the perfect branch for new players to invest in or for joining late to a pub server or starting a new world. Wilson also has zero character gimmicks to learn as all his skills and perks are passive or crafting resources. With Maxwell you have to learn all his mechanics and how they operate... ewww no thanks! For people looking the true vanilla DST experience , Wilson is the truest experience for new and old players without all the needless and distracting faff that most other characters come with.
  22. Aye but everyone is forgetting how safe using the slingshot is compared to fighting in melee. As long as you have the rounds the majority of bosses cant touch you. Klaus wrecked, bee queen wrecked if you have cane+mag, deerclops wrecked, bearger wrecked, moose/goose wrecked, CC phase 3 wrecked as it becomes so ridiculously easy with Walter and slow down rounds help with phase 2 alot, antlion wrecked outside her sand pillars. Regular mobs like tentacles, pigs, big tentacles, slowly kite vargs to death without worrying too much about their hounds, ewecus, brightshades, the shadow rift trio all die very easily to the slingshot the balance is total fight time being longer and the cost of round manufacture. One of these downsides needs to stay. So if the slingshot gets skills to shoot faster, then amount of ammo per craft cant get buffed. If ammo per craft get buffed then firerate cant change. Damage of standard early game rounds shouldnt increase either. If slingshot damage is to increase it should be from a late game planar round only.
  1. Load more activity