All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. i think i dit say something to a simmilar topic something about how instead of torch, that wilson can craft healing items cheaper and like a stronger version of them of sorts, and that crafts that take away your health are reduced like telltale hearts because i was thinkin that it is kind of fitting
  3. we don't know how many exactly, most people think that walter is bad because slingshot is bad or because a boy scout gaining sanity in forests is too random and that's making the character unplayable and never play as him there just doesn't seem to be a reason to use slingshot instead of melee because you press same buttons at same times when using slingshot and melee and slingshot isn't better when tanking or kiting
  4. It's true. It takes about 13 seconds to kill tentacles as dark sword Wilson or gold round Walter. Wanda can kill them in 3 seconds tho.
  5. The thing is, the playerbase you referring to (likely) has three options: a)They learn how to get a better light source. It doesn't matter if its lantern or not, most of the players eventually stop using torches as light sources. b)They just switch characters. c)They stop playing the game. d)They play all the way to endgame with torch tree. And continue to use torches in endgame. None of the options are worth enough to give up such a huge potential imo. Which sucks for long term player like me. Especially considering that me and other people waited five years just to get a portable transmutation for endgame Megabasers.
  6. I've been playing ONI for a while, but I have never used an AETN. I recently started a max difficulty run on the radioactive asteroid so I have no access to plastic to help cool hot geysers. However, on the flipped asteroid that it's connected to I have a AETN fairly close to a cool steam vent. My question is can a AETN provide enough cooling to make the water from the cool steam geyser usable or would I need more? I do have 2 other AETNs on the flipped asteroid as well, but they are on the opposite side of the planetoid.
  7. It's just...not very creative. The tree is entirely torch and transmute. Not super fun. The beard is cool though and on brand for Wilson. I think if they made the tree for experienced players it'd be full of moderately useful inventions. He's invented the boat magnet, gardeneer hat, what else? I wouldn't have been surprised to see the expandinator credited to him as well. Stuff like that.
  8. That’s fine, but I and many other ppl don’t care about minmaxxing dps and still enjoy less optimal options Please don’t, I already explained why I wouldn’t like quicker animations before, I’d hate it if the slingshot was made less risky and you could mindlessly shoot enemies and not need to calculate when it’s safe to shoot. Even if the slingshot would be stronger it’d be so much less fun and engaging to use. I think the slingshot could use a buff but the slow animation is it’s main drawback you shouldn’t remove it.
  9. You know whats even worse? Klei also agrees with the "If you don't like it then don't use it" logic (which is fine by me) but the only exception is Wilson for some reason. Like I get why people don't want him to be reworked but why does he have to have specifically badly designed skilltree? Why not give him an actually fun (not strong, fun. There is a difference.) skilltree? If you don't like it you can just ignore it just like how other characters work.
  10. Not to mention said perks are just "torch gets brighter/lasts longer". Like, what? It's like Klei turning off their big brain creativity after Maxwell's rework. (Even if shadow prison seems a bit busted.) Compare the others' skill trees to Wilson's and the disparity between those gets too real. I still have hopes for Klei to consider reworking the torch tree, but hey, they also being nonchalant over not releasing the Wigfrid and Willow's skill tree short so what do I know, lol
  11. Best way, in my opinion, is to make your own pig housing area near base. That way when full moon hits you can kill a lot of them in quick succession. Fence in a powdercake or pigskin nearby and they'll stay outside 24/7 walking towards it. Will make it safe to engage them under full moon. As much as I dislike erasing pig villages because of world flavor I usually destroy a lot for building materials, because it's faster than mining and chopping, and then use some for rebuilding new houses near base. As long as you have a few you can always build more later. You can even feed them 4 monster meat between full moons to get 2 meat and pigskin. Making your own pig village is very handy.
  12. Today
  13. The most important thing is for the character to be fun AND challenging. In my personal view the worst thing going for walter is really the WAY things are implemented. We need quicker animations when kiting and more steady ways to control his movement while shooting, similar to what they did with willow.
  14. i don't have fun when holding F against a distracted enemy or kiting and dealing less damage per enemy's attack than i could've they're saying that as an argument about why slingshot shouldn't become better, which might affect what walter skill tree perks'll do, which'll affect everyone who are going to play as walter with skill tree
  15. God this reply is just so anti-fun Who cares if “umm actually melee combat is more efficient than slingshot”, if the slingshot is fun to use and good enough for them then that’s fine, it doesn’t need to be optimal. you don’t need to shout “unoptimal, opinion invalid” at them. Feels like I’m watching an edgy Rick video…
  16. Yeah, the main purpose of characters is subjective. I personally determine it by looking at the character design, and picking the most original perk that bounces off of other perks, and not just by looking at the strongest, the best or my favorite. What made me think Walter is a range combat character is the fact that no other character has exclusive range weapon, with a whole tab dedicated almost entirely to ammo. His sanity loss on hit also implies the idea of staying away from tanking or kiting. On top of that, Wobby is also designed to help Walter keep distance, and her fear mechanic is also intended to punish players for getting hit (getting in range of attack). And of course, removal of melee option while riding Wobby was also intentional. As for Wobby herself, it's just a beefalo/chester alternative. Those can't be primary perks even if they are better.
  17. it doesn't, holding F if they're distracted isn't fun and simply dealing less damage and hitting less times after dodging isn't fun how is speedrunning related to this? is doing something that isn't unfun and inefficient speedrunning? why is speedrunning bad? why do people always bring up speedrunning even when talking about characters that are irrelevant for it and not talking about the most efficient way to do something?
  18. Again, using the slingshot feels better than dealing with the kiting for these mobs. Even if its abit slower. Normal people dont play to speedrun things.
  19. it'd be faster and more efficient to do that as maxwell though, so there's still a reason to play as maxwell, characters that are only good for newbies e.g. pre buff wortox are fine, but walter isn't good for newbies because he loses sanity after getting hit, so him having a perk that's only useful for newbies is pointless you can just make it explode and finish them off you can just fight them normally, it isn't hard it's better to get monster meat from spiders and use something better than tentacle spikes probably only useful for mining 2 statues that are too close to bishops to mine them without aggroing in 8 statues 2 bishops setpiece since you can use fire in other scenarios you could also just kill them normally most characters have better strats for BQ can also just kill it normally could've just killed it using an axe you can just make it attack once and attack it after that, if you won't miss the 1st hit it won't attack you again right after that and if you think that you can miss, you can start walking to the side right after hitting it or you could just kill them normally they don't deal damage so idk how are they better and you can kill CK without ice staves, it isn't that hard, just row away from the geysers still faster to kill it normally if you're including preparation time, woby is good for replacing beefalo/wolfgang for carrying altar pieces and speedboost but not slingshot, enlightenment is only an issue in case of p3 since gestalts spawn out of broken crystals and it's sanity aura increases your sanity by more in comparison to p1 and p2 since it doesn't have collision and sometimes flies into you it's faster and cheaper to kill them normally there are only 2 fights in which sanity drain is relevant it isn't, since walter doesn't have a damage multiplier beefalo is better if you're going to play during late game since it's faster and doesn't require spending anything to ride it
  20. I dont play walter for the slingshot tho... you are right it is his most sucky perk even tho i like it for what it is. The problem is with the community is that everyone sees Walter as the ranged damage character when he defo is not. Big woby, wobys inventory (S-tier perk btw for a game that requires you to hoard things) no sanity drain from auras and even the camper tent are all alot better perks than the slingshot. As long as you wear pinecone hat and body armour Walter plays the same if not better than alot of other characters for melee combat. No sanity drain from bosses makes walter one of the best characters for rewarding good kiting. That right the "ranged" character is better suited for close range combat for any sanity draining bosses. As long as you got the kiting skill. Annoys me so much. Its like the community dont play Walter at all or they completely mess up in understanding his perks and how best to use them. Like taming an ornery for walter is the same as taming an ornery as wolfgang... completely unnecessary. You have big woby guys!! You are playing the one character that shouldnt tame a beef! Absolute madness.
  21. I do miss playing Wilson. Would love Klei to have another look at his tree. Honestly hard to say which part of is worse. Transmutation is really not useful at all except for tediously trading gems up to the useful greens. And you'd only be doing that after running a complex varg farm as another character. I really question that entire tree even for new players. I don't know, I have 1.5k hours including DS1 so it's tough to imagine being new again. But especially the affinity perks are disappointing, which are certainly not something "new" players will be touching. Like really? More transforming? By the time you're post rifts you're not gonna need to be transmuting that stuff. And the torch area just has way too many perks, don't need 7 different perks for buffing a torch. The beard is my favorite part and feels like a unique Wilson feature even though it's not terribly useful. The lack of any combat perks is the worst aspect of the tree and as soon as anyone has a basic understanding of the game they'll probably switch. Like the game is unbearable solo without some kind of buff to combat. I guess it all depends if Klei sees him as the starter character, if they do then unlikely any change. If not he could have slightly useful amateurish inventions to unlock. That's kind of his thing it seems, inventing questionably useful things. Like the boat magnet lol. If they decide to give Wes a joke skill tree I won't be too happy, because it'll mean two characters are essentially not worth playing and that's a bummer for me. Personally I did not find the other characters particularly difficult to learn so the concept of a newbie character is not something I entirely support.
  22. I have been completely unable to travel close to (persumably) water beefalo while playing the PS4 version of the shipwrecked DLC. This only started occurring recently. I am completely up to date with the latest updates on both the game and the system. I have deleted and restarted 3 games so far, all containing this bug. It happens almost every time I am near a mangrove biome. It is making the game almost unplayable. The game does not crash and restart, but simply shows this message: WARNING! scripts/statehraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:581: attempt to call method ‘ApplyBuildOverrides’ (a nil value) LUA ERROR stack traceback: scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:581 in (field) onenter (Lua) <569-582> scripts/stategraph.lua.424 in (method) GoToState (Lua) <383-434> scripts/stategraphs/SGBeefalo.lua:561 in () ? (Lua) <561-561> =(tail call):-1 in () (tail) <-1–1> scripts/stategraph.lua.367 in (method) HandleEvents (Lua) <362-377> scripts/stategraph.lua.140 in (method) Update (Lua) <104-143> scripts/update.lua:181 in () ? (Lua) <90-194> I hope you can help get this fixed. Sincerely, miachan90 IMG_0588.heic
  23. Does every tree need to be useful for veteran players? Not every player can make it past day 20, many do not know about the lantern either.
  24. You lie through your teeth his transmutation skill could have easily been one line to make room for actual other options but instead one skill was divide 3 times so he could have SOMEWHERE to invest his points. That's my big problem compare his and Wolfgang's skill tree to the other characters and you can see they have actual SKILLS not just a linear upgrade line that adds small change to its weak first choice.
  1. Load more activity