All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If we find out Willow was a child all this time I get to say I told you so. @Fidooop
  3. why did you make it about bernie i hate it
  4. I assume 0 chances for the Trailer coming early or something? just hoping ;(
  5. [Game Update] - 328894

Sees that there is a new update and gets all exited.
  6. Hey Everybody, We’re just about ready for the next Character Refresh! Willow’s Refresh will be coming May 7th. I am going to share some of the details of her changes. Of course, this is still subject to change and will likely see some adjusting before and after release. Willow no longer gets cold from low sanity. Willow takes more damage and loses sanity from freezing. Willow takes less damage from overheating. Willow takes no fire damage for the first several seconds and then reduced damage thereafter. Willow takes no burn damage while extinguishing fires and does it faster than others. Adding fuel to fires is more effective for Willow. Bernie can now be equipped by Willow for sanity and warmth at the cost of durability. Bernie grows big and will taunt and fight most hostile creatures when Willow is nearby and insane. Bernie will still taunt Shadow Creatures when any other player is nearby and insane. In addition, Willow still gains sanity near fire and can still cook with her Lighter. After going through the first few rounds of character refreshes and introducing a brand new character, we have had the chance to regroup to see how our scheduling is working out and have decided to make a few small changes. The scheduling we initially set for ourselves was too aggressive and we’ll be pulling back a bit so that the dev cycle for new content isn’t as hard on our team. We found that our schedule was just too demanding and we want to be able to make things interesting and not just pump out stuff as fast as we can. As of this writing our schedule looks like this: Willow Refresh: May 7th Content Update (beta): Mid May Unannounced New Character: Early June Content Update (live): Mid/Late June Next Refresh: Mid July NOTE: As long time fans are aware, we do not prioritize dates above content or the team, so dates are always subject to change. We have dates set for each of these, but at this point I think it may be best to not get too ambitious with setting a date publicly. Assuming that the dust is now settled, we hope that this will be our cadence for quite some time. We’ll review again after the content update hits beta next month. As always, we look forward to your thoughts and feedback. Thanks everybody!
  7. [Game Update] - 328894

At least we can still dream !
  8. why have you turned his glorious hair into a blue steak this is absolutely unacceptable.
  9. I hoped for some Wheeler bug fixes O̶r̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶b̶u̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ Well atleast its better than nothing :/
  10. Music thread

Been dipping my toes into more electronic: And here's a metal song which is admittedly rather generic. But hey, sometimes generic is what you need.
  11. Yeah! I also really like the idea of a more solid PvP. But I understand that it is a difficult implementation according to what we currently have in the game.
  12. I don't think that the problem is really that special items spawn in PvP but more the need of a mode that doesn't have anything to do with normal PvE settings Maybe they should spawn already with some basic equipment... So it becomes a real arena... To the point of fighting... Cuz that's what people really want in PvP.. Just fight with each other.. I like your idea of special missions a lot... If PvP was group vs group with special mission will be interested to play.. But not as it is rn.. There has to be a serious rework.
  13. Why Wes is Evil

Beautifully made video : } However as a Wes main who tends to do as much prepping as physically possible and hunts to feed myself instead of taking from the base, I must say that I stand for the line 'Not all mimes'. Do not worry, for while there are those among us who are wolves in mime makeup, there are also good boy Weses, who will help as much as they can so long as you spare a meatball or two for them.
  14. Oh hey that reminds me of the mod @PeterA made! https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410100011&searchtext= which... became the gorge. Huh. But that's a cool take on a different approach to PvP instead of it just being survival or combat focused! I like it.
  15. Some points were discussed like the panflute effect on players, which I think most agreed on agree some sort of mode that isn't related to dst... Probs like a forge arena.. Also more weapons to make combat more varied. the PvP group vs group was also another topic some people agreed on . Added to the special missions idea.. That might work pretty well with a group vs group scenario I might have forgotten some other points at the moment.. But that's pretty much the gist of it this divide is kinda hard to navigate when people arent willing to listen to each other or to give ideas that are productive... I think PVP has a place... But isn't 2019... And that's important to get to avoid disappointment.. I mean.. I tried... Also the notion that people might not care about PvP somehow is unacceptable to some people and I think this thread shows that some people just don't care for it.. Not because is broken.. Just because they don't... They play dst to play cooperatively Anyways I think it's all in all a first approach but we will have to wait and see
  16. Addendum: I've done some reading in that counterflow heat exchange thread you linked and it seems my notions of using high conductivity tiles like diamond or metal are surpassed by their experiments using (diamond) tempshift plates and hydrogen. If that is easy enough to build for you, definitely try that out!
  17. I'd like to see a PvP with goal, more like a mini-game in PvE mode at a random time. Such: Hunt: Players disputing who would be the first to find and capture an NPC animal (as a Koalefant). Collect and build: Players competing for resources to build a special tool for themselves that gives them advantages in the default game. Cook: Players compete for who can complete a menu with multiple recipes first (as gorge). All this with improved mechanics, where each player on the server would need to meet small requirements before the main mission (collect resources, build items...).
  18. [Game Update] - 328894

where is dst update info tho
  19. Update question

Cca. 25 minutes till "Rhymes with Play" - maybe will get some news then. Update though.. doubt it. Probably next week.
  20. Weird Headcannons

Webber has been learning how to sew in his spare time with all the excess silk he has been gathering. Wagstaff is trying to find a way to harness magic in a practical way without the... side effects, that caused the downfall of the ancients, so far the only thing he has managed to make is a fridge, currently is attempting to make a generator out of red gems, but cannot seem to get enough heat out of them to boil water without nm fuel. Maxwell, after overhearing Wortox saying that he does not know how to use the codex, has been trying to learn more about the codex, along with trying to make his more lackluster shadow's a bit more controllable.
  21. [Game Update] - 328894

What a big update
  22. Another PvP Poll

"Are you interested in PvP at all? Yes No" You should also have a 3rd option, "undecided/maybe" because there are "ifs" attached to it, at least in my case. "Should PvP be replaced as a seperate game mode?" - you mean a mode with different balance from PvE? Aka PvE remains with current track of ANR2 re-balance while PvP should have different and strict mechanical re-balance (nerfs and such) - basically 2 separate re-balances for PvE and PvP respectively?
  23. Beta specific fixes: Added the missing Wagstaff Mount files to fix a crash when trying to play Wagstaff on a non Hamlet compatible world View full update
  24. 328894

Beta specific fixes: Added the missing Wagstaff Mount files to fix a crash when trying to play Wagstaff on a non Hamlet compatible world
  25. imagine if suggestions or modding help threads had this much attention. Would be wonderful. I think I'm gonna throw a hot take here : pvp is only attractive to organized groups trying to feed off "ragequits". Separately PvP has zero appeal, but when you bring your own circle of discord buddies to monopolize a world and bully newcomers I imagine it's a wonderful experience. If 30% of the playerbase is into this then so be it. Surely that means 30% of the playerbase is trolls and griefers and that seems about right. Somehow our blue hedgehog friend strikes to me as the sort of person into this thing.
  1. Load more activity