All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Is this Maxwell's fault or some exploits that were always living on borrowed time.
  3. Even without mods my worlds won't open. It stays on connecting page but never open.
  4. It's not. The Nightmare Werepig on the surface was almost certainly a beta-specific thing to make it easier for testing and getting player feedback on the fight: just like how the Scrappy Werepig was made to exist simultaneously with the Nightmare Werepig during the last beta, to make sure they got good feedback about the fight before putting it into its proper place in the progression. We can see Klei doing things like this as early as 2017: the ability to kill the Antlion was intentionally left out of the update that added her, for the sake of seeing how players would work around the sinkholes without the option to simply kill her, because otherwise they would've gotten worse feedback from people opting to just remove the threat entirely via the combat option. Nightmare Werepig always had a shadow-y ruins aesthetic and two giant shadow-y pillars that required a pick/axe to break down. It's very very likely that Klei was just doing that thing they do in betas sometimes. Pure Horror and Dreadstone were pink because everything in the ruins is pink, they were changed to red when it was pointed out enough that the pink in the ruins is turned into red by the filters there and the Nightmare Werepig wasn't in those filters. We gave feedback that caused them to fix a mistake, not to change an intentional design.
  5. No, it works like that. The console version is a port, the functionality for keyboard and mouse is present. That is entirely the choice of Microsoft - We have macro's and rapid fire button presses here too Mike, it's infinitely easier as it's free. +1
  6. The Shadow Fire-Raiser is top tier now. It hits its target(s) very reliably (earlier the flames were super wonky and did not seek out their targets most of the time) even if you stand back quite a distance. It also benefits from the gestalt attack from the Enlightened Crown which results in an even a more massive burst of damage. If you prefer to stand back and attack from afar it has become very viable in some battle scenarios (battles surrounding dishing out damage on a single target, without more involved mechanics). For certain bosses it feels a bit too good, yet rather satisfying since you need still need to procure Ethereal Embers.
  7. I mean, it's entirely possible they intended to move him down there later regardless but there's not any reason to think that'd be the case. You could argue that Klei's plans would be more set in stone than that but this was the same update where we convinced them to turn pure horror/dreadstone red instead of magenta.
  8. Thank you so much! I'll see if resetting it back to WASD will fix it. Thanks!
  9. I know he was on the surface during the beta, my question was more whether it's true that people had to "convince" Klei to put him in the caves.
  10. This could be quite cool I reckon, perhaps they could add water-based cave entrances that you can sail your boat into?
  11. Saying that Wigfrid's skill tree was changed is being extremely generous, she was done dirty.
  12. At most I could only think about upgrading ruins gear so it could be relevant for once, would also add more content to the shadow side of things. I see absolutely no reason to not make them repairable given how brightshade and void is, also with how inconvenient ruins gear is to make then people would not ever go for it if it's just going to break on them again and they have to go all the way back for more. If you mean just upgrading normal gear such as spears then no, gear is meant to be left behind as you get better stuff.
  13. this made me remember that one unused water shadow sprite of a giantic fish
  14. Today
  15. That's a void walking problem imo, which I think should be patched out. Also yeah I hadn't seen that lol. I kinda figured it existed though.
  16. Don't say this nonsense. You get much better rewards from fuelweaver compared to CC. Killing fuelweaver resets ruins, which means you can get a lot of green gems, which means you can get green staffs, which means you can deconstruct bone armor, which means you get bone shards, which means you can swap to Wilson transmutate these shards into hound teeth and then use the blowdart gun to easily kill anything and everything with insane planar damage that even penetrates enraged klaus armor.
  17. ... against the law? fr? Hard to believe lol Yeah bring that up with XBox, its one of the most ridiculous recent fads that is mostly about XBox pushing to collect licensing fees than it is protecting players. I deal with this a lot in the fighting game community b/c *MANY* people use 3rd party, often self-made fight sticks and we have ways to test that they are set up and functioning correctly. Having to develop a spoofer to bypass the insane crack down on devices is a lot of effort and hurts the community more than anyone. This isn't about cheaters, its about XBox being greedy. Officially licensed controllers often have auto-fire buttons and can also be bad quality.
  18. It doesn’t quite work like that.. it is for one thing against the law for Klei to sell me a game that’s designed for using a Keyboard & Mouse to get the optimal intended gameplay experience. Without explicitly mentioning in the games product description or on the games box art package *Works best with Keyboard & Mouse* Also Xbox has this policy where the product needs to be an Officially licensed Xbox product accessory (with Xbox official logo on the package) and they have been actively patching and software updating their consoles to intentionally remove the use ages of Unofficial products. (Mostly aimed at stopping players from using game controllers with rapid fire buttons but still) I would be absolutely (and reasonably..) pissed at Klei if I needed to pay upward of 70$ For Xbox official KB & Mouse accessories just to enjoy playing DST. What actually NEEDS to happen in this scenario is that Mouse controls (mainly point and click and drag and drop) need to either be Nerfed to be on par with the controller experience, OR Klei needs to add an In-Game digital mouse. Alternatively they can just actually listen to the people who play with a controller to further optimize that to be more enjoyable so it doesn’t feel so painfully obvious that we are playing a game designed for KB+Mouse play. And I can give One such suggestion right now actually.. Needing to click on something in your inventory and then drag it across your inventory to apply it onto another item is some straight up Point and click mouse type stuff.. it’s cumbersome and more annoying then it needs to be.. I don’t understand why if the player is hovering over the item in question: (such as Willows Embers or Wendy’s Ectoherbology Potions) that simply tapping Y doesn’t auto-Apply or refuel them. Y on Xbox is only used to “Inspect” the world around you, so I’m pretty certain that if you were to hover over willows embers it won’t break the game for the Y prompt to Auto apply fuel into the lighter. And that’s just one of many console improvements I could provide! I’ve got a whole entire laundry list of things that could improve the controller experience. Im waiting to see what the upcoming changes to boats are (in a hotfix not yet released) that are aimed at improving controller play- I’ll for sure provide my feedback on that if after that hotfix I still feel it needs further optimizations.
  1. Load more activity