All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. still boring it's just sleeping and getting stuff that you can use to heal during a fight isn't hard, just dig up blue shrooms, just always have at least 2 armors or use beefalo forcing people to use something that's already beneficial to use with slingshot is pointless
  3. Not much else we can do then. Spend autumn making friends then move to a private world? Klei shouldn't waste any resources on moderation tho. That would be a slippery slope of insane work and problems.
  4. the only way to make clothes viable without adding their dedicated slot is to add slots to them, or give them interesting and useful abilities alongside a thermal stone nerf.
  5. you can't play them that way either with those people because they'll do a vote kick on you after they'll become able to
  6. Oh man medic would be a great subclass for Wilson. And how could I forget he invented the original revival method, meat effigy. I mean it freaking looks like him lol. Could've had medic and inventor paths to choose from, with the latter being the anime sword combat buff path. I really like the trees that offer 2 different paths rather than one optimal way of using perks.
  7. Gotta treat klei pubs as a mess around or boss rush server. If you go into them with the mindset and playstyle of a private server by making big pretty megabases you are only gonna be disapppointed. Playing klei pubs in a nomadic way with a bare minimum base for mainly prototyping is fun and challenging.
  8. Well both my new slingshot suggestions help to solve that problem Max hp is relevant because wolfgang with marble suit can kill alot of bosses without ever needing to heal. After the fight you can use boss inappropiate ways to heal like tent/siesta giving you some extra options. The minute it takes to heal to full hp again i can run off an get some snacks or do irl stuff. Also larger max hp allows abit of a safety net incase your last armour breaks and you get a hit by a rogue terrorbeak or something. Mistakes do happen. Giant slingshot for big woby. Fires powerful giant rounds with increased dps. I think we all need to give more constructive feedback and suggestions other than "slingshot bad make good please"
  9. The thermal stone is better for combat since it doesn't require any slots, but clothing is better for everything else since it doesn't require constantly maintaining the temperature of every couple of minutes. Thermal stone will last 3-8 minutes depending on how you're heating/cooling it, while high tier clothing will let you go about 11 minutes with 1 piece and 20 minutes with 2 pieces.
  10. Unpowered Bunker Doors can take a really long time to open. Dupes will happily path through a Bunker Door that has just begun the lengthy opening process instead of taking the already open (powered) Bunker Door right next to it. They will wait, sleep, make messes and ultimately suffocate waiting - right next to an open door. A simple "Move To" command a few steps in front of the already open door resolves the issue. Suggestion: please take waiting times into account when choosing valid paths. At least if those waiting times are longer than a couple of seconds.
  11. Indeed. As I said, a medic Wilson would be much more suitable than a goddamn torch holder. In the game (and storyline), he was the one who invented the meat effigy, the telltale heart and the booster shot. In the Forge, he was assigned as the reviver; and in the Gorge, the accompanying skin (Victorian) showed him as a physician. So it was a very big lost opportunity for Klei to NOT utilize this instead. New players will look into the healing tab in the crafting menu after getting hurt and dying multiple times. Some of the items' cost can be daunting to them to get, especially the booster shot needing 8 rot. Do they really know how to get rot? Probably, but most possibly they don't. So I will suggest for Klei to add a counterpart of the rot -> manure transmute, which is the reverse transmute of it. It can be included in the Transmute Icky III if needed. The cost for the manure to be changed into rot? Eh, decide it for yourself. My friend, the torch toss makes the torch into a discount lantern. The full torch tree is basically a discount lantern. Do you really think the 7 points are justified for it? Out of the 15 points you can get? I personally don't think so. Unless one can set fire onto Crystal Deerclops (or any other mobs) using the thrown torch, then no. The last update (Scrappy Scavengers) cut down the time needed to get the 15 insight points. You need to survive 80 days in total for that. Was it still too long for you?
  12. the only solution is to play on other servers since no one gets banned on klei servers, they also take nicknames of other people from other klei servers e.g. i've seen the nickname of a guy that i know that plays on US east servers among them after they joined an EU server and i see that they took my nickname too
  13. I've been playing this game for years and today I think was the first time I've ever considered stopping. I was playing in the only South America Server hosted by Klei right now (there were more, but since a few weeks ago only one is showing up). We were having fun when suddenly the server got full with what I assume could only be bots. They all proceeded to die, except from one. Burned all the base, the ghosts gang up around my wife and started following her. Votekicks didnt work because since we were 2-4 at the time vs around 8 bots they would vote against it. Despite all that we continued to play until I had to leave for a few minutes. And sure enough another bot took my place. Only real players in the pictures are Aiume and hideki. The others were the griefers. I`m not new to griefers in this game but this... I had countless bases destroyed but its usually 1-3 people entering and then leaving. I don't mind that. But what should we do in this case?
  14. Honestly i only use my body slot for either armor or extra storage. And i don't think that will change unless we get a separate slot for it. It might play with the games balance quite a bit though so i'm not sure. Also don't want to anger the uncompromising crybabies.
  15. Today
  16. There's a similar trick for isolating a Research Reactor from its steam. It looks like this and it's horrible: (though it works great!) The basic idea is filling the reactor room with hydrogen, then using an oxygen tile - or for easier boot up a sandwich of a tiny oxygen tile and polluted oxygen - to keep out the steam. Now the steam can be at any pressure without over-pressurizing the Research Reactor, and also the Research Reactor can be cooled to whatever temperature you like if you want to maximize radiation exposure to plants. This is obviously easier to setup in Sandbox, but it is doable in a real game with careful deconstruction of gas pipes and tiles. It's actually easiest using a REALLY tiny oxygen tile like 3 grams. A gas tile smaller than 1 g will get clobbered out of existence by a gas tile of at least 1 kg, but anything other 1 g is stable, and the smaller the tile is the less prone it'll be to splitting which will break the gas lock.
  17. It's crazy to imagine that the item made to protect you will kill you. Don't Starve Together 2024.04.23 - 15.05.10.04.mp4
  18. Hail falls, it's tag is visible, the tag moves when character runs into it, but the only interaction possible is X - Inspect. And the hail is invisible.
  19. As someone who played Walter for quite a while, and went through 50 stages of grief, coping till my last breath, it saddens me to admit that slingshot, as it is right now, blows. An expensive, slow, low damage weapon just doesn't quite cut it in the game, where bosses have thousands of hp and many enemies come in groups/hordes. Like, really, Willow's flamethrower and shadow missiles win in both cost and damage, with one dealing with hordes well, and the other getting you nice quick burst dmg. I really doubt that the game will explode if Walter gets to use one of his main perks some more.
  20. With the help of 28 participants... I can now present to you... The Don't Starve Forbidden Knowledge trailer REANIMATED
  21. A pole with questions, nothing much else needed to explain but just wanting to have them have a much bigger impact more in any stage of gameplay instead of thermal as the boring cheap option. Clothes aren't that cheap, easier to just mine rocks to get thermals, or repair them with sewing kits with is silly by design. Yea this is a radical change and radical request. Feel free to comment your choices and thoughts.
  22. just an fyi; dgsm throws the duplicant balance out of the window and gives you better dupes than you could get normally, which can give you a huge early game advantage, there are better dupe editing mods out there that don't do that. nontheless, great job!
  23. A simple action becomes fatal for Wanda. And note that the next day will be the hottest season of the year (summer). Don't Starve Together 2024.04.23 - 14.52.35.03.mp4
  1. Load more activity