All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sorry, of course you're right about efficiency. I'm trying to see if doors can be of any use here. It's tough. The real barrier is that regolith needs to spend enough time in tiles, and that sort of sets your minimum size. Small gains from efficiency in per-tile counterflow only gets you so far. I think it might be worth it to utilize the fact that debris above tiles also transfers with the tile below (at 1/4th rate), to let your regolith spend more time transferring. I did some comparisons to see if doors are worth it. I started with 200% the size of your heat exchanger and in pure counterflow. I used Iron Ore. I kept the system in full view to hopefully avoid the bug for now, and waited for equilibrium. Inputs: Regolith@580K, Rock@1682K 200% Iron Ore Door: Regolith@1681.1K (0.9ΔK) 200% Diamond: Regolith@1681K (1.0ΔK) 100% Iron Ore Door: 1680.8K (1.2ΔK) 100% Diamond: 1680.9K (1.1ΔK) 106% Diamond: 1681.4K (0.6ΔK) 50% Iron Ore Door: 1660.8K (21.2ΔK) 50% Iron Metal: 1670.6K (11.4K) 56% Diamond: 1665.5K (16.5ΔK) 50% Diamond: 1666.1K (15.9ΔK) 50% Diamond (non counterflow, like OP): 1644.5K (37.5K) 50% Steel: 1666.1K (15.9ΔK) 50% Thermium Metal: 1665.9K (16.1ΔK) 50% Thermium Door: 1665.9K (16.1ΔK) 50% Thermium Mech Door: 1665.6K (16.4ΔK) There's some variation with play speed, and I'm posting with these at 20x. As I suspected, even within the blocks it is a big deal to utilize counterflow: 37.5ΔK vs 15.9ΔK at half size. So, I was clearly wrong about doors as they were soundly beat at 50% by more conductive materials. I imagine the physics of doors are actually two ordinary tiles, and the reported temperature is merely the average of those two tiles. So I no longer believe they instantly transfer heat across them. This is also supported by identical performance of thermium doors and thermium metal. But when you get too conductive, it works against the counterflow. A surprising result to me is that Iron metal tiles were the best I could find. It seems there is a sweet spot between conductivity which allows you to transfer heat left and right quickly enough and at a small temperature gap, but not so quickly that the column approaches equilibrium. The +6% tests were where I added a modification to the end like this: With this, I'm going to see if I can find a more optimized exchanger that works to around 2~5ΔT.
  3. I have put the graphics on ultra and still get low shadow quality. And in the resolution setting, it is for some reason stuck on the lowest res possible (even though the game runs on 1080p just fine). Thanks, and keep up the good work! I love this game so far.
  4. I know, I was just making that up just to be funny, though I hope this means they can do more with this though maybe more merm huts or a Merm village could be possible.The thought of a hamlet based character is crazy! Hopefully the merm disguise is a hat item! What if they even had a reputation for merms and pigs. Giving a balance on one side or the other.
  5. New Wes Rework Idea

Type F in chat and Wes auto dies. Any character can trigger this (unlimited) power
  6. i mean, we saw a terrorbeak in the Willow short, which most likely took place before Maxwell found the book. Clearly, some portal exists.
  7. Count to 200 without interruption

8. How do I move beefalo?

Use the Beefalo Horn
  9. need alot more information. Only coding that beefalo goes in opposite direction is easy. But think about all the other stuff. What if the player feeded the beefalo? Should it still walk in opposite direction?Should it follow the player at allt? And what about the real herd functionality? Usually a beefalo will go back to herd, but should the player be able to "push" it far away from his herd? And so on..
  10. These twitch drops, and the rewards page are not the same thing.. New Twitch Drops are coming on the 24th, but there won’t be any new content added to the rewards page I don’t think.. for awhile
  11. A merm character - Wilba's arch-enemy No it's only port of Hamlet mechanics in Merm edition
  12. For me, I have zero interest in your sandbox build so it's not much better for me, and I personally would like to cool it that much. Thanks for posting @Tonyroid, I was looking for an awesome way to cool regolith. Awesome video as well, especially since you took the the time to show how to build it in survival. It's so boring seeing sandbox build after sandbox build with a few 2 second gifs to make it look cool.
  13. Today
  14. 1. Pigs and most likely Bunnymen hate her 2. She's vegetarian Those are enough to balance her perks
  15. Wurt

Well, that's all folks! Well, for this thread at least! Can't wait for Wurt's release, but I still loved the earlier version concepted in this thread! Klei, if you give Wurt something close to an uncorrupted skin, I will be sold and offer my soul
  16. Achievement Cheat Sheet

The reward of an achievement is a personal one. Something like "uh..i got it...only 20% of the others did it. I am a good ONI player." But if you dont know if the other 20% really made it or just cheated it you have no measure to know if you have accomplished something meaningfull. I also wonder why those who dont seek the challenge (which is fine) just ignore it instead of cheat it. Those people are just make the impression they have achieved something which they in fact havent. This isnt right. And everyone should know that. I also wonder why this is possible in the official forums. It seems the developer approves this thread. I wouldnt wonder if you get those cheats in some dark corner of the steam community hubs...but advertising it here in the official forums also makes clear how Klei thinks about cheating in their games.
  17. the new abilities and perks sound great, but what about the downsides? she would be a little OP without any downsides except two-way-disliking pigs.
  18. So Woodie's cinematic was a big Canadian joke, which is best described with a comment I've found under that video: 'Where's the animation? All I saw was an average Canadian trying to chop down a tree'. But future characters' cinematics hopefully won't be like that. Which brings me to this question: How will Webber's cinematic be handeled? From his quotes it's heavily implied that he ended up in Constant because Maxwell promised to turn him back into human. Which means that he got eaten by a spider in the real world. Which brings a question of how did a dst spider end up in the real world? Not to mention that the whole idea of Webber being eaten by a spider and then living inside it is absurd. For the longest time my headcanon was that he got eaten by a Spider Queen. And since Spider Queen turns food into spiders and she didin't digest Webber he got turned into what he is today. What I'm trying to say is: what will Webber's cinematic show us? Pre-Spider Webber? Webber having flashbacks from his normal life? Webber being eaten by a spider? It better doesn't end up being a Woodie's cinematic where we'd see post-rework Webber fighting a boss or something like that.
  19. Hi friends of the forum! Yes, even to you who will put the face "confused", I also love you <3 Now, as you all know, yesterday came the queen of the merms, the empress of the fishmen, the god of the swamp... Wurt. We then analyze her ability, taking directly what the good JoeW wrote to us: Wurt can spot where danger is hiding in the swamp Wurt can craft the Royal Tapestry and make a home for the Merm King and his Guards: The Royal Tapestry requires materials from all over The Constant The Merm King provides all Merms extra strength to fight Wurt must feed the Merm King to prevent him from starving Wurt can craft Merm Houses and Merm Flort-ifications She moves faster while on the swamp and can craft tiles to expand her turf Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians Wurt can craft a Clever Disguise to get other survivors to blend in with her swamp friends Likes to keep Pet Fish in her inventory Strongly dislikes Pigs Being wet does not affect her strong grip Many interesting things, of course, the enhanced merms, cool, steady hands when wet, great,... but... did you notice the "bomb" power? There, put together with the others as an ordinary thing, as if to hide it: Wurt is a vegetarian with a particular appreciation for Durians particular appreciation for Durians ... Let me explain what we have before us: Normal Wurth Quite normal, can build something cool, walk faster in the swamp, ok, patetic. But what happens, if we feed her a lumpy, acid and disgusting... Durian??? Open up the sky God Wurt His power is immeasurable! Ancestral! Divine! Beelzebony was destroyed by such power! Bow to the new God ...
  20. So your saying it's possible it could be Wilba mermified?
  21. something i think is op is he being able to recruit merms, and merms can atack in the night. Imagine killing a cave boss using merms or yeet another way to kill the bq.
  22. Not sure why, but she just reminds me a lot of Wilba, with her being a pig and this being a merm...also WIlba having a queen mother and Wurt having to feed a merm king.
  1. Load more activity