All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I need help with the forum itself

im sorry, i dont know much about the wiki. i edit pages, but not much else.
  3. Ah yes, it's true that consoles have this, I'm a bit too much used to play on PC only. ._.
  4. These are the PS4/Xbox achievements, they're just in the code here too for some reason. Personally, I wouldn't want achievements on PC. Achievements are an expected thing for console games, so it makes sense that they're there, but I don't think they'd fit well on PC. What would be the benefits? Like you said, experienced players would complete them very quickly. As for guiding new players, I don't think that's a good idea at all, because it's guiding them to a goal, the goal of obtaining all the achievements. After that, they'll be left with the question "what do I do?" which is already a bit of a problem for new players.
  5. Snip of discussion we had about this machine, over there. I feel it belongs here, too. I've been thinking about counting cycles, for meteor seasons and maybe some buffs (if the dancing / coffee things still last 4 cycles) and was just seeing clocks and a bunch of memory toggles but using water is... very interesting, especially for long periods. I will have to think about all that, but good stuff indeed, thanks! Also it may be just me but at first glance I thought the machine was "all that". Intimidating, to say the least. Maybe that won't deter aficionados but I feel like 4 individual pictures would look a bit easier.
  6. I played Interland so much I got to all of it and while Reality River I saw this:5da9431919f47_DABINTERNETBOIFOLIFE.png.76d2d76fdf824992b95717f8f18260d5.png
    [Insert Illuminati Song Here.]

7. It's been a while I've spotted those in the game files but I was thinking they'll be a coming up feature with time... and now, years have passed but the achievements are still hidden with no impact for players and I now ask myself what are they here for ? You may also wonder what I am talking about, so I guess an example could introduce you to the achievements : And this is the actual list of achievements in DST : Surviving 20 days Surviving 35 Surviving 55 Surviving 70 Building the Science Machine Building the Alchemy Engine Building the Prestihatitator Building the Shadow Manipulator Using a Wormhole Trading with the Pig King Planting a Butterfly Using Bee Box Repairing with a Sewing Kit Befriending with 6 Pigs Befriending with 4 Rock Lobster Hatching a Tallbird Egg Calming a Treeguard Opening a Cave Entrance Surviving an Earthquake Using a Tentacle Pillar Wearing the Slurtle and Snurtle armor Joining a server "host_for_days" (?) Reviving a player Sharing items with new players "party_time" (?) Equipping a skin Trading items in the Trade Inn Killing a Deerclops Killing a Spider Queen Killing an Ancient Guardian Killing a Moose/Goose Killing a Bearger Killing a Dragonfly Taming a Beefalo If you want to explore by yourself, here is all the names : Funny thing is that this is still updated since last year at least, like, the "pacify_forest" achievement is even awarded when you plant a Totally Normal Sapling with the potion of the Mad Scientist Lab. So, Klei, is there any hope you do something from all that interesting stuff or will it be only script sided ? Also, what about you guys ? Would you like to have them in the game and do you have any original concept ? My opinion is that they deserve a place in the game ! The only regret is that they aren't server sided so you will unlock them only one time and not on every world you play on, according to "trade_inn" at least. But this might be a fair addition to the game for guiding new players, these achievements can be helpful to find out some things that don't come to your mind immediately. Also, I believe the current list is pretty quick to complete for any experimented player in 1 - 2 years, the hardest one seems to be the last, and keep in mind that you will need to do it with other players for some of them, which is fair for a multiplayer game. And if you want, I'd like that we try to e x p a n d it a bit, so if you have good ideas you can tell me about it. I will keep this list updated from your messages.
  8. Yes, but it would take some additional wiring. The information is there already. For example between 24kg and 66kg of water it's copper season. You can figure out the rest from the valve settings.
  9. I said I might've clipped it, and it turns out that I did not actually clip it, unfortunately.
  10. How do you have different background in customisation menu?
  11. That's why I was asking Jan to post it on youtube. You said you clipped it so...
  12. Minespatch, there's a high chance that it's already been deleted. In fact I know it probably is deleted, because the space industry upgrade was dropped more than 2 months ago. Edit: Yup, it's gone. I'll see if I clipped it though.
  13. Stinky in the Space industry short. He wasn't in the final product.
  14. Yeah I've read the same, it's not true anymore. They eat 120W no matter the signal. However they DO turn off randomly (for a tick every 3 or 4 seconds, it's very weird). Maybe that's how they refresh their "event detection", just power off themselves regularly (/facepalm). Jesus... yes. Hmm, would there be a way to extract sub green signals from that? Good sir redwire? Could you make the machine send me green signals for every meteor season, then I would know the 1st one is iron, 2nd green is gold (or w/e) and etc. Or even better (?), have 3 outputs. Output 1 would be iron, 2 copper, 3 gold. That would be useful for commercial journeys (as in cargo bays rockets on small distance)
  15. I'm sure you can figure that out by seeing that it's 10g/s per tile combined flow rate of water. So you can quickly see on the water level how many seconds it's into the the full 34 cycle... uhm... cycle. Just note that for the calibration to work, it start with the first peace season after a iron meteor season just like it says in the picture. Why would you need rocket scanners when it's peace season unless you have something else that requires it? You can just have the doors open during peace season.
  16. Mind posting the deleted storyboard so I can download it with twitchleacher? I'll repost it on my youtube.
  17. Me everything Ragtime part of the show starts:

giphy.gif

18. Well I guess that is a second way to do it. You are correct, that should work indeed. 12k W per rocket well spent... (oh lord :D) Yes, well, ok. I may give it a shot but, for now I see some problems. It's not NASA, it's ONI and, you know, well, my purpose was to see how much I can automate. Those doors escape my grasp and that's annoying. But on to the contraption <-> situation problems : 1°) How do I know which season is which? I understand your system gives out green or red for peace or meteor war, but how do I, if I am to calculate, can know which green is 10, 7 or 5 cycle long? Basically how do I segregate between the greens, or reds for that matter (as in if it's red, which peace season are we in - I know they're all 4 cycles long, I mean what is the next meteor season). 2°) Using this system, in this case, defeats automation because it requires me to... anticipate, well, manually intervene before every launch. This effectively renders all my rocketry automation moot, or not very purposeful. Not too thrilled by that. 3°) Cutting scanner array cost is amazing and I dig it. I currently turn 5/6 meteor scanners off during meteor showers, and +100s after them, which I like. Turning them off during peace season is great and I was contemplating that, however... However it **** my rocket detection very hard if I do that. If I turn them off to save power during peace, then... I can never open my doors reliably on time, because I never have the network for it (no network during showers, no network during peace -> might as well just leave a container full of steel near the doors, for the repairs). It really feels like power toggling is the easiest, cheapest & safest way. Extra cheap actually because not only do you need only 1 scanner for each event, you also cuts its power consumption in half (or so). That's a whole lot of pros, for a... well, edgy solution. I wish we had a "proper" way.
  19. Today
  20. Imagine how many pages would be filled by now if no one sent that twitter print lol.
  21. Don't scanners not consume electricity when sending a red output? So they will use 0 watts during peace anyway? That's what I hear on the forums anyway.
  22. If we didn't got that screenshot from twitter we probably would still waiting for news and wurt thread still would be hot right now.
  23. This drives me absolutely batty. I have some high priority bins set up for collecting ice, and this also really confuses the hell out of my dupes. This has also happened in my smokestack builds with a tiny amount of CO2 constantly changing phases inside my cold tank. Not cool.
  24. You can look at it this way. NASA and every other space agency don't just launch rockets willy-nilly. They calculate a launch window. This contraption allows you to do the same. And it'll cut your scanner array power cost by about 1/3rd.
  1. Load more activity