All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This is a first for me. High oil pressure caused damage to raw abyssalite tiles, causing them to crumble and letting oil pour into an ice biome. This should be fun. I suppose that beats digging down into oil and having it spew back up into the base. What fun quirks have others encountered during exploration?
  3. I never said it's not a survival game SOLELY as just a survival game What I meant is that survival is intrinsically tied to your base.. then after a year... the survival aspect resides more and more in the background and the base building aspect comes in to be more to be in central focus.. as you yourself said Ofc you can survive with only veggies and fruits and eating from what you hunt but at it's core you hunt and explore to make your base better (loot for lamps, furnaces, bigger chests, etc)... not to just survive longer
  4. @FreyaMaluk
  5. Greetings Survivors! We’re close to releasing Hamlet from Early Access. As we said in a recent roadmap post, we have been working on two new characters plus a new giant to battle with. Actually, we would like to have those tested a bit. So, once more, we invite you to the interior beta branch, this time to meet the newest “guests” of the Constant: Wagstaff and Wheeler. But with light comes shadow. An ancient and terrible metal hulk lies waiting to be discovered. A lonely sentinel still stuck in a long forgotten war. A big thank you to everyone who has tried out the beta branch so far. As always you’ve been tremendously helpful. There are still some issues with the interiors, particularly when used in worlds other than Hamlet, and we will be working to fix those up before we move everything to the main branch. We’re planning to go live with Hamlet 1.0 on May 14th. To access the beta branch: Go to the BETAS tab in the Don’t Starve Properties dialogue. Enter the code: dsinteriorbeta and press the CHECK CODE button. Select hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the drop down. Your game will then update to the new beta branch. This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game. You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs. Regular Change Notes: 327257 Bug Fixes: Fixed potential assert on earthquake in anthill. Fixed code that tried to place out of bounds blue sow and truffle back in its room Worldgen occasionally generates an unreachable area. It should now be accessible through a wormhole Fixed aporkalypse clock blocking interaction with suspicious crack on north wall It's now possible to drop items on carpets and the aporkalypse clock. Improved craft-tabs to more accurately chime and highlight to reflect changes Fixed glitch where aporkalypse clock was sometimes missing on the minimap Beta Change Notes: 327391 New Features for testing: Added Wheeler Added Wagstaff Added the Ancient Hulk Added some new wall and floor textures to the Renovate Tab. Bug Fixes: Fixed bug where anthills could end up without a way out. View full update
  6. 327257

Greetings Survivors! We’re close to releasing Hamlet from Early Access. As we said in a recent roadmap post, we have been working on two new characters plus a new giant to battle with. Actually, we would like to have those tested a bit. So, once more, we invite you to the interior beta branch, this time to meet the newest “guests” of the Constant: Wagstaff and Wheeler. But with light comes shadow. An ancient and terrible metal hulk lies waiting to be discovered. A lonely sentinel still stuck in a long forgotten war. A big thank you to everyone who has tried out the beta branch so far. As always you’ve been tremendously helpful. There are still some issues with the interiors, particularly when used in worlds other than Hamlet, and we will be working to fix those up before we move everything to the main branch. We’re planning to go live with Hamlet 1.0 on May 14th. To access the beta branch: Go to the BETAS tab in the Don’t Starve Properties dialogue. Enter the code: dsinteriorbeta and press the CHECK CODE button. Select hamet_interors - Hamlet Interior upgrade beta from the drop down. Your game will then update to the new beta branch. This branch uses separate save files from your regular base game. You can make a copy of your base game save files in the beta branch by using the console command: TheSim:ImportSave() Your save files will remain unchanged in your regular branch. You can return to the regular branch by going to the same BETAS tab and selecting the drop down: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs. Regular Change Notes: 327257 Bug Fixes: Fixed potential assert on earthquake in anthill. Fixed code that tried to place out of bounds blue sow and truffle back in its room Worldgen occasionally generates an unreachable area. It should now be accessible through a wormhole Fixed aporkalypse clock blocking interaction with suspicious crack on north wall It's now possible to drop items on carpets and the aporkalypse clock. Improved craft-tabs to more accurately chime and highlight to reflect changes Fixed glitch where aporkalypse clock was sometimes missing on the minimap Beta Change Notes: 327391 New Features for testing: Added Wheeler Added Wagstaff Added the Ancient Hulk Added some new wall and floor textures to the Renovate Tab. Bug Fixes: Fixed bug where anthills could end up without a way out.
  7. Mods Please

Rotate Everything https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1715709940
  8. DST is still a survival game. So many of it's mechanics are based around surviving, and the only real goal is to not die. Although, when you master how to survive, there's not much else to do. So that's when it becomes a base builder game. But that doesn't change the fact that at it's core, it's still a survival game.
  9. One of the beauties of this game is how one building / system’s waste is another’s fuel. Orphaned elements suck. Sulfur is currently one. How about giving the fertilizer maker an alternate recipe that replaces dirt with sulfur? If someone goes through all the trouble of making a sour gas condenser this seems like a fair reward. Also thematic as sulfur is used for fertilizer.
  10. Screenshot showcase

Hard life with that guadian xD...
  11. Now that workshop is available for ONI, I want to give some ideas to mod creators and devs. Hopefully these ideas benefit other people's gameplay as well. If they already exist in workshop, please link them below. - Electric Rocket - Electric Jetpack - Buildable/Destructible chairs, tables, AETN, vending machines, lights, etc. - Rotate-able everything in every orientation - Better Critter Sensor - No Sensor Limits unless it breaks the game like temperature These are the most prevalent issues I have found that felt restrictive in my gameplay. If I find more, then I will post another topic with more ideas.
  12. Many good traits are negligible. Gourmand is actively bad. Here's an idea: instead of having them give +skill, have them give an extra scaling and make that scaling actually matter. +30% base cooking speed is negligible when you aren't spamming mush bars/fries, a doubled cooking speed that stays this way as the dupe gains skill would make it worth having that one gourmand who cooks for everyone and gains lots of skill points that way. Twinkletoes is already great so it shouldn't get this treatment.
  13. Klei and their community seems to primarily speak English. I highly doubt they would use a different language. Although if they did, then it would most likely be Latin, as we have seen it in some puzzles in the past.
  14. Screenshot showcase

Throwback from my "Wonona testing 101" YOLO runs: 1. Straight to the melon, aka MrMsEnt there vehemently stopping a catapult boulder with its face on my first reworked-Winona test (09.03.2019): 2. "HOP!" said le bonnylad.. while taking healthy catapult payloads face-first on my 3rd further-tweaked-rebalance-of-Winona test (13.03.2019): 3. "DONE!" the bonnylad.. and was very *done* indeed; 3rd further-tweaked-rebalance-of-Winona test-run on a random pub (13.03.2019): 4. Throwing boulders at poor beasts: the hard life of a Ruins' - reworked and improved - Winona (a personal server's random moments):
  15. I thought that was for uh “operating”, not building it. I guess in hindsight that doesn’t make a lot of sense. I will be in the lookout for that in the future.
  16. Although it's not immediately obvious, it's in a tooltip you can get when placing it: The same tooltip appears when you place a heavi conductive wire.
  17. Thanks! It doesn’t seem to be specified anywhere. Really wish there was a special priority for this sort of stuff too.
  18. The building may look clear but it is saying it's entombed. When you drag the dig tool over it the symbol appears but you can't see the sand/dirt that needs to be dug. It's just floating there invisible.
  19. tbh I disagree with any changes to bundling wraps... if you play solo they are a lot of help to keep your lightbulbs and save you some trips to the ruins when you are busy building stuff or for people who play in small groups if those changes are part of harder game mode then the people who want to apply them can enjoy without affecting the majority of the player base, that would be a much better alternative that forcing some conditions on the majority of players this is a great point.. but the problem is that the game has no system to regulate resources for a) number of players b) public vs private servers and my suspicion is that the devs do adjust setting so that ALL players regardless of server can find food--- mostly.. BTW if you play in private servers you can set your resources on less for berries and food in general so that's actually something given already in the game settings, while people playing in public have to scavenge and pretty much fight to get to crucial resources first... so that's an issue too
  20. I think I’ve got the same negative trait avoidance. I also avoid noodle arms and the no research one. I aim for loud sleepers/small bladder along with no cook/care/art etc.
  21. No need to overcomplicate, i was thought about just adding recipes to klin, its already release heat while working, playing with time of production and materials mass it can be tuned for required heat output per kg of metal(different for different metals ofc, each metal its own recipe). just add metals and botled oxygen and it will process it some time releasing heat and eventually drop metal ore. Need more heat output - just put 10, 20, 50 klins and run them simultaneously. btw good addition about carbon and phosphorite, maybe also hydrogen to burn it back into water.
  22. It seems more like a full improvement across the board except that you need another gas in the room it exists in rather than just having steam everywhere. The fact it has a colder steam operating temperature is great.
  23. I watched that when it released but I didn't notice Klei's comment in there. Tbh some bugs were kinda hilarious but that's beside the point. I myself reported tons of bugs.. the invisible Beefalo if you use a hammer and many other crashes related to beefalos.... you can check the bug tracker section... I also commented before in the DST roadmap that I fear both DST and DS updates are merging and that I was worried if they would clash.. Ofc I don't want them to release now an unfinished update with thousands of breaking bugs but I've seen in many Early Access processes with other games so I'm a bit more tolerant when it comes to recently release updates in EA. I guess I take Early Access updates to another standard cuz they are still in development and Klei fortunately is very communicative and fast resolving game breaking issues--- most of the time (Aporkalypse Calendar took a while and it's not perfect, same with synched day count and seasons) I'm just trying to make people see that some tolerance for Early Access is important to take into account when the rage fires rise sky high
  24. Pretty sure the phosphorite lure doesn’t use any resources since it doesn’t sublimate like slime does. It is a floating piece of phosphorite that they are worshiping or something. Ive got a lot of wild bugs in an area that is open but would be a long distance to get away from the lure that is keeping them bunched up. If I do ranch them I’ll send extra eggs to that area.
  25. Today
  26. about the foods... i think the problem is abundance. everywhere is full of food resources. i try reduce it in setting but it really dosn't effect. changing food recipe is a good idea but other than that, moving resources apart so you dont see foods often on your way ( i mean you have to go to a specific direction for food ) can help for nerfing them.
  1. Load more activity