All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. [Game Update] - 371293

I've already said my piece in that thread.
  3. The post doesnt mention that Pigmen hate her, its that she hates them, so either the Wording is off or Pigmen dont kill her, also Bunnymen aren't mentioned whatsoever, and since they are vegan siblings I thin they'd get along fairly well! That's wrong, it is a Veggie, if you are looking at crock pot values you are doing it wrong. You look at what the FOODTYPE it is in the code and this is butterfly wings As you can see they are veggies, why? Well Maxwell has the answer for you to that one, so make him examine a butterfly
  4. Ah I see now, the quarrel is based in a conquest vs survival opinion. So I get the notion, some people want the survival to stay true and be as rogue-like as DS has been in it's early conception. See the reason I no longer agree that "the objective is to survive" is because of the recent addition in permanence with decorative options. In true rogue-likes there is both nothing lost in dying and everything lost in dying. You might loose your progress and tools but none of those bears a face, there is no personal attachment to any part of the world, since it's impersonally regenerative and rather static. But DST introduced so many ways to touch the landscape and beautify your surroundings. It turned the rogue-like into a lego box to express and decorate your day-to-day activity. This is something to loose, this is a kind of permanence attitude towards the world you now inhabit. And I'd at least argue, it's the earliest steps away from survival and towards a conquest design philosophy. To stay in the one island you had until you see it through to the fullest. To protect the base you made, and to one day rule over the dangers around it. I personally believe decoration to be an aspect in the game not fully compatible with the survival philosophy. And there are more smaller decisions other than decorations that has turned the game away from survival. I think DST and DS would actually benefit from a conquest ideology. DS has already introduced housing with a roof, furniture and everything. Dying simply isn't a welcomed option when you can loose so many things now inheriting a personal touch and attachment. I also strongly believe the lingering survival aspects is what handicaps the conquest. It wouldn't be considered a sabotage if the rewards were better, and benefiting the base and all players as a whole. I don't get why Klei is so stingy on endgame items. And as for it being contradictory, well I just don't agree, any game has a difficulty curve. The more of it you survive or conquest or win or play or interact in any way, the more it rewards you with a rising difficulty. It isn't an actual punishment per se it's a chance to have more engagement. I don't like to think of the penultimate version of DST to be one that never goes beyond berry bushes. So then, besides all of that. Whether Survival or Conquest, whatever you believe the core of the game suits it's future the best. I don't even see how the concept of progression is against either of those? How you choose to design progression I fully understand how it can favour one or the other. But most people here even seemed to rather be in favour of letting progress be behind a timer instead of player action? If you survive with your berry bushes for enough time the world starts introducing more dangerous hazards? Isn't that rather true to survival? Doesn't that give you a reason to stay alive? Your comparison to a drunken father is rather intriguing if also insulting. In one way it is thought-provoking to contemplate on games as a kind of family structure and how aspects of it can be detrimental. On the other hand I find it lacking introspection to claim your righteous-proclaimed interpretation of a game to be of any different calibre or to be the single truth in a thriving family in that very context. Not to mention it paints a picture that you don't want anyone in your family to find spiritual meaning in their own way. What if their indulgence as you put it wasn't a bar but something that brought value to the household? This would be my interpretation of a progression system.
  5. Ah, you're right again. It must have only worked because it was assisting the left-right heat transfer, or minimizing the bug. Or just having more tiles to transfer heat from the rock away helped. Or I made an error. Or going crazy.
  6. Today
  7. By adding bridges to the middle line (and also removing some from the regolith line to keep the 2:1 balance) you could also enable (some of) the counterflow mechanic to work while offscreen. A question re. bridges: I always thought whatever was supposed to be on the bridge input tile does not matter thermally because it's not really there: it's instantly moved by the bridge to the output tile if the line is in motion. If the line backs up then both tiles will have packets, but otherwise it's just the output. Am I wrong?
  8. "Enable auto-bottle" - not copied

There is still a bug with this. Enable auto bottle on a bottle emptier and copy, does not always apply auto bottling on the second one. Even though it says that it's enabled, dupes will not empty bottles in it.
  9. Sorry, of course you're right about efficiency. I'm trying to see if doors can be of any use here. It's tough. The real barrier is that regolith needs to spend enough time in tiles, and that sort of sets your minimum size. I think it might be worth it to utilize the fact that debris above tiles also transfers with the tile below (at 1/4th rate), to let your regolith spend more time transferring. I did some comparisons to see if doors are worth it. I started with 200% the size of your heat exchanger and in pure counterflow. I used Iron Ore. I kept the system in full view to hopefully avoid the bug for now, and waited for equilibrium. Inputs: Regolith@580K, Rock@1682K 200% Iron Ore Door: Regolith@1681.1K (0.9ΔK) 200% Diamond: Regolith@1681K (1.0ΔK) 100% Iron Ore Door: 1.2ΔK 100% Diamond: 1.1ΔK 106% Diamond: 0.6ΔK 50% Iron Ore Door: 21.2ΔK 50% Iron Metal: 11.4K 56% Diamond: 16.5ΔK 50% Diamond: 15.9ΔK 50% Diamond (non counterflow, like OP): 37.5ΔK 50% Steel: 15.9ΔK 50% Thermium Metal: 16.1ΔK 50% Thermium Door: 16.1ΔK 50% Thermium Mech Door: 16.4ΔK There's some variation with play speed, and I'm posting with these at 20x. As I suspected, even within the blocks it is a big deal to utilize counterflow: 37.5ΔK vs 15.9ΔK at half size. So, I was clearly wrong about doors as they were soundly beat at 50% by more conductive materials. I imagine the physics of doors are actually two ordinary tiles, and the reported temperature is merely the average of those two tiles. So I no longer believe they instantly transfer heat across them. This is also supported by identical performance of thermium doors and thermium metal. But when you get too conductive, it works against the counterflow. A surprising result to me is that Iron metal tiles were the best I could find. It seems there is a sweet spot between conductivity which allows you to transfer heat left and right quickly enough and at a small temperature gap, but not so quickly that the column approaches equilibrium. Because steel and iron should give about the same results, I'm double checking those tests now. The +6% tests were where I added a modification to the end like this: With this, I'm going to see if I can find a more optimized exchanger that works to around 2~5ΔT.
  10. I have put the graphics on ultra and still get low shadow quality. And in the resolution setting, it is for some reason stuck on the lowest res possible (even though the game runs on 1080p just fine). Thanks, and keep up the good work! I love this game so far.
  11. I know, I was just making that up just to be funny, though I hope this means they can do more with this though maybe more merm huts naturally or a natural Merm village in the swamp could be possible.The thought of a hamlet based character is crazy! Hopefully the merm disguise is a hat item! What if they even had a reputation for merms and pigs. Giving a balance on one side or the other.
  12. New Wes Rework Idea

Type F in chat and Wes auto dies. Any character can trigger this (unlimited) power
  13. i mean, we saw a terrorbeak in the Willow short, which most likely took place before Maxwell found the book. Clearly, some portal exists.
  14. Count to 200 without interruption

15. How do I move beefalo?

Use the Beefalo Horn
  16. need alot more information. Only coding that beefalo goes in opposite direction is easy. But think about all the other stuff. What if the player feeded the beefalo? Should it still walk in opposite direction?Should it follow the player at allt? And what about the real herd functionality? Usually a beefalo will go back to herd, but should the player be able to "push" it far away from his herd? And so on..
  17. These twitch drops, and the rewards page are not the same thing.. New Twitch Drops are coming on the 24th, but there won’t be any new content added to the rewards page I don’t think.. for awhile
  18. A merm character - Wilba's arch-enemy No it's only port of Hamlet mechanics in Merm edition
  19. For me, I have zero interest in your sandbox build so it's not much better for me, and I personally would like to cool it that much. Thanks for posting @Tonyroid, I was looking for an awesome way to cool regolith. Awesome video as well, especially since you took the the time to show how to build it in survival. It's so boring seeing sandbox build after sandbox build with a few 2 second gifs to make it look cool.
  20. 1. Pigs and most likely Bunnymen hate her 2. She's vegetarian Those are enough to balance her perks
  21. Wurt

Well, that's all folks! Well, for this thread at least! Can't wait for Wurt's release, but I still loved the earlier version concepted in this thread! Klei, if you give Wurt something close to an uncorrupted skin, I will be sold and offer my soul
  22. Achievement Cheat Sheet

The reward of an achievement is a personal one. Something like "uh..i got it...only 20% of the others did it. I am a good ONI player." But if you dont know if the other 20% really made it or just cheated it you have no measure to know if you have accomplished something meaningfull. I also wonder why those who dont seek the challenge (which is fine) just ignore it instead of cheat it. Those people are just make the impression they have achieved something which they in fact havent. This isnt right. And everyone should know that. I also wonder why this is possible in the official forums. It seems the developer approves this thread. I wouldnt wonder if you get those cheats in some dark corner of the steam community hubs...but advertising it here in the official forums also makes clear how Klei thinks about cheating in their games.
  1. Load more activity