I told my peers online that I was inspired by certain aspects of Don't Starve. So, being the little wretch I am I decided to do a mural inspired by the shadowy things and the rather intriguing borders from the rather dark game and its back story. Mainly its antagonists back story, because no matter how much of a jerk he is now people (and i) can't seem to stop loving him.

Here is mural one, there will be a total of three or four hopefully. Each will take a while, and most are pretty simple yet elaborate. I don't like to get fancy with colors on murals, since mistakes are quite hard to fix with the paint I'm using and the resources available.

Guess the inspirations, and find the symbols. If you cannot guess nor find or even inquire, look under the spoiler.

I also had a quote for this mural,

My hands are painted, painted black with the love and admiration I have detailed onto that one brick wall. Something that will stay there for years, sprawled out for others to view and inquire about. I have laid it out for them in a language that is unreadable by all except me, unless explained otherwise.

Though my hands are literally black, more or less stained. I constantly have black somewhere on them now whether it be under my nails or somewhere on my wrist.

post-236877-0-85035000-1384395363_thumb.

The first symbol is more or less a mixture between come musical aspects and the one and only Mr. Skits. Don't blame me for the musicality of it, I was listening to classical music while painting.

The second symbol is a little hard to figure out as I didn't plan that one out very well- and paint kept dripping everywhere so i had to keep adding stuff on. It's supposed to be similar to a trerror beak but I really messed that one up.

The eye looking thing with the lines coming from it are a distorted representation of the eyeplants fro ma lureplant. The curved lines underneath it are yet another distorted representation of a depth worm if you are able to make it out.

The rest is pretty easy, since one can see the two shadow hands scrawled on the wall and the 5 symbols there too. I couldn't help myself, those symbols will definitely be seen/hidden in my other murals. I just wish I had better drawings/views of them since at the time I was getting them off of a really tiny phone.

With how easy this mural might look, it took me about two and a half days to do because I kept going back and repainting the lines- to make them look as black as possible. Also, that wall was freaking huge.

Edited by diekunstler
  • Like 7

That poor wall, I hope it has insurance to cover that.

Pish posh, that wall is mine alone. I was told to paint anything I wanted on it and I DID! Aahaha!! I also have a door and another wall plus a bar to paint. So I'm going to be hiding the symbols everywhere in them since its supposed to be a study room for our local community center lol. Nobody will know except me and people who are fans of DS. Though, people probably won;t look at them anyways, too focused on what they're there for and all that stuff.

Next time I go to paint I'm bringing in the DS soundtrack to listen to. Will put me in a good mood unless ragtime comes on.

Amazing ! And now u just have to write "Charlie" everywhere in your room

Words usually aren't incorporates into a mural unless they are typographic. I'll probably hide the letters in the next murals somewhere. I love hiding things to see who's keen enough to notice them. Too many people living in my area these days are so...dull- as in they don't have sharp senses. It's sad honestly.

Edited by diekunstler

I can see a face that resembles wolfgang in the middle! it better not be just me who noticed...

Next time I go to paint I'm bringing in the DS soundtrack to listen to. Will put me in a good mood unless ragtime comes on.

if you are listening to the soundtrack the new winter songs are bound to produce something interesting to compare with the work produced during the summer songs

I can see a face that resembles wolfgang in the middle! it better not be just me who noticed...

attachicon.gifnoticed.png

if you are listening to the soundtrack the new winter songs are bound to produce something interesting to compare with the work produced during the summer songs

I didn't even notice, where?

Aaah man I don't think it'll be much of a difference, since I have to keep a uniform image. I can probably do something involving that on the bar I have to paint. I only designed one side of it so far.

Edit: Omg i see it now the mustache and eyes hahahaah.

Edited by diekunstler

Did another! Finished it today. I call it the Tree of Precious Voices. Though of course there is more than just those two symbols in it. They look pretty good for leaves, eh? It was painted on the back of a door.

ALSO, I gave the other mural picture above a better quality image! Finally remembered to bring my camera to the place I'm painting at haha!

post-236877-0-40816600-1384395735_thumb.

Oh and- here's another I started working on today. Not much but it'll get there. It'll also have some symbols serving as windows and such. after that I think I'm going to paint a chair that has some actual characters on it haha.

post-236877-0-62536300-1384395729_thumb.

• Like 1

Did another! Finished it today. I call it the Tree of Precious Voices. Though of course there is more than just those two symbols in it. They look pretty good for leaves, eh? It was painted on the back of a door.

ALSO, I gave the other mural picture above a better quality image! Finally remembered to bring my camera to the place I'm painting at haha!

attachicon.gifthetreeofpreciousvoicessmall.jpg

Oh and- here's another I started working on today. Not much but it'll get there. It'll also have some symbols serving as windows and such. after that I think I'm going to paint a chair that has some actual characters on it haha.

attachicon.gifZi6_1740small.jpg

Looks spiffy.