totally normal tree?

i found a couple of other ones so i decided to shop one down and got some living logs. Easier living log sources maybe?

Yeah I got living logs too... hm.

To me, it seems like a Halloween easter egg.

By the way, by any chance does the main screen say "Six Feet Under (internal)" instead of just "Six Feet Under"? (check it fast, pleast)

Six feet under internal.

Six feet under internal.

:razz:

This means you* got the development branch of the game. My guess is this was an easter egg meant for Halloween, but due to the mix up with the accidental release of the developmental version of the game you got it earlier.

A hotfix was pushed today for the bug in the Linux version causing the enabling of any mod to crash the game. In the process of pushing this hotfix, somehow the dev version of the game was released.

Also, you should try spawning the dev tool. ;]

* The hotfix hasn't reached me yet. :(

:razz:

This means you* got the development branch of the game. My guess is this was an easter egg meant for Halloween, but due to the mix up with the accidental release of the developmental version of the game you got it earlier.

A hotfix was pushed today for the bug in the Linux version causing the enabling of any mod to crash the game. In the process of pushing this hotfix, somehow the dev version of the game was released.

Also, you should try spawning the dev tool. ;]

* The hotfix hasn't reached me yet. :(

Ah. The new tree actually is a nice addition so you don't have to waste time getting a treeguard. :)

I love that it's just called "Totally Normal Tree".

Imagine Wilson saying that, and you can almost taste the sarcasm.

Meanwhile the tree's just like:

"Yes, I'm just a normal tree. Just your run of the mill- not a sawmill, obviously, since I'm a tree, but you get what I mean. Ahem. Look at how piney I am. PINEY. Nothing suspicious here: you are barking up the wrong me. Move along sir. As you were-OH CRAP I FORGOT NORMAL TREES DON'T TALK."

Behold Normal Tree: Master of Deception. Beware lest you be taken in by his subtle net of lies and illusion. 

Pfffft I love this game. :grin:

The dev branch was pulled back. So, assuming my hypothesis was correct (and the removal of the dev branch has reached you already), the totally normal trees should disappear.

Don't you mean... now that the branch has been pulled back, and we've revealed the root of the issue, all the totally normal trees will leaf, fir now? And all we can do is pine for them until the update? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? 

Archived