Islands (Roleplay Thread)

gloryKAT

Apply here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/26853-islands-application-thread/

The story is very simple: you are trapped on the islands of Don't Starve.

Rules:

1. No godmodding.

2. Max 2-4 characters.

3. You can't kill other players without their permission (might count as godmodding)

4. Please be the character(s) you signed up as. Please don't change from your character to one that just popped into your head. (ex. Amy ran away. Suddenly, the giant deerclops made of thunderclouds appeared!)

5. This is at least a semi-literate RP. That means: No Talking Like This, nO tALKING lIKE tHIS, or TALKING LIKE THIS. At least lowercase isn't as annoying as all caps.

6. Please try to have some proper grammar and spelling. I can understand if you don't know English well, but if you know proper English, please don't do this: "so the dog went to theyre store and got is owner to bought some of there best dog treets." Also, no chatspeak, etc. (ex. that was so 1337! OR so dere was a chiken who bought some gold yo and he was like lol wut eva)

7. If there are ever thread mods, please don't disobey and please don't try to mess up the roleplay thread with your arguments. Bring them to the applications thread, because some people actually want to roleplay.

8. To speak out of the roleplay, please use brackets.

By the way, canon characters are playable, but you need to give me a good description.

------------------------

Accepted Characters:

- @Blewcheese - JonJon, Human, thin with dark black hair and brown eyes.

- @gloryKAT - Falcon, Hound, looks like a regular black hound. Three other characters, see application thread for details.

- @WhispNcat - Wilson, Human, http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Wilson and Whisp (cat, with a shadow, Cat.)

- @Rabbitfist - Gonzo, Human, wears a lab coat, glasses and has blond hair.

- @moelbooy - Jarl, Human, looks like Wes but with an orange shirt and S.R.B.I.A.

------------------------

Do NOT post character applications here. They go in the application thread.

------------------------

I'll begin:

Falcon looked around, dashing through the gloomy forest. "Glad there aren't any treeguards," she mutters to herself, leaping over a low-hanging branch. Behind her, the faint glow of a human's torch disappears as she gallops away. "Can't... believe... it... again..." she pants, speeding out into the open. The forest abruptly ends and cuts away into a grassland. "Made... it... safe... for... now." she gasps, collapsing onto the ground and falling asleep.

Edited by gloryKAT

JonJon appears in the middle of a large grassland, unconcious. He faintly hears Maxwell's voice before waking up, and surveying his surroundings. Where am I...? "Hello? Is anyone there?" JonJon shouts as he hopes someone will find him.

Edited by Blewcheese

Falcon hears a distant sound as she awakens. She shrugs. "Probably someone who wants to pursue me again." She listens again and hears nothing. "It wouldn't hurt to check though." She gets up, and runs off in the direction of the noise. "I'm hoping my curiosity won't hurt me."

Edited by gloryKAT

Neni scurried from hiding place to hiding place. He didn't like it, but it was the only way. Everything wanted him dead. Humans wanted him dead so they could use his voice to fuel their pan flutes. Animals wanted to eat him. He peeked out from the grass tuft he had hidden to see a hound. He quickly hid himself again, letting out a small squeal in fear.

JonJon sees a silhouette in the distance, and he runs towards it. Thank god someone found me! JonJon runs faster. "I'm coming!" JonJon yells at the figure, unknowing that it is a hound. He looks around for anything to use for self defense, but finds nothing but a load of grass. He continues to sprint.

Falcon is distracted from the sound she heard before by a small squeal. She turns around and sees nothing but grass. She snorts and looks around, determined not to be sidetracked. "I'm really hoping nothing's going to happen to me..." she growls, before turning around and continuing to walk. She sees a silhouette running at her from a distance, and she halts. 

Edited by gloryKAT

JonJon sees the figure stop, and he stops as well. yelling is useless from this range. Let's see if this still works... John uses his telepathy and projects thoughts into the figure's head. 'Hello? My name is JonJon. I just woke up here, could you help me?'

Falcon doesn't know how to respond. She simply whines. "Are you going to... chase... me?" she barks, ready to flee. She tries to stop being so shy and toughen up, but her attempts at self-motivation simply don't work, and she sinks to the ground, cowering.

Edited by gloryKAT

JonJon can barely hear the figure, but he does hear "hurt... me?", so he assumes that the figure was asking if he was going to hurt it. 'Hurt you? I just got here, I'm lost, scared, and alone. Why would I hurt you?' JonJon begins to wonder if there would be anything out there to hurt him.

Falcon's ears go back. She freezes. 'Am I stuck in conflict, now?' she thinks, nearly aloud. Her tail swishes from side to side, not in happiness or anger or fear, but in anticipation and anxiety.

Edited by gloryKAT

Falcon's fur bristles. "No, I'm not human, is that a bad thing?" she tilts her head to the side. Her tail continues to swing wildly. She blinks, making her yellow eyes appear to be flickering.

Edited by gloryKAT

Falcon shrugs. "A..." she pauses. "A hound." "And I can talk because I've been cursed by the evil being they call Maxwell." Her voice grows significantly colder as she utters his name. "If you're wondering, the reason I asked you if you were going to chase me is because they... they always chase me away, and I don't really want to fight, which is why I was cursed by Maxwell... for not obeying his orders." she barks. "Don't ask me why talking is such a curse... probably because it scares humans... and makes them want to chase me."

Edited by gloryKAT