[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

What should winnie's power be? To be able to have he mobs (sheep, beefalo, spiders, tallbirds, treeguards, koalflants) follow her when she uses a certain item, mebbe? That could be a buff and debuff in It's own right.

I've already designed a power for her...I'll try again tomorrow.

• Like 1

Ahhh, finally I got more than 5 minutes time and the Thread has exploded! 

If I get this right the way for custom animations is now , or is beginning to be, open for the modding comunity? I'll try to catch up the discussion here and for good or not finish the rainbowcoon atlas because I want to finish things I've started.

I'll just leave this here, should you ever add Winnie:

mm7tooR.png

Keep up the amazing work, guys. c:

Very nicely done! :grin:

ANd hey, feel free to join us! ;]

Ahhh, finally I got more than 5 minutes time and the Thread has exploded! 

If I get this right the way for custom animations is now , or is beginning to be, open for the modding comunity? I'll try to catch up the discussion here and for good or not finish the rainbowcoon atlas because I want to finish things I've started.

Yes, now we can create our custom anims using Spriter. We can't edit existing ones, though.

Ok, what is the urgent thing which should be done next?

And how is the possibility of custom anims influencing the creation of atlases?

To create a custom animation, you cannot use an atlas.

As far as I've been able to tell, it works like this:

First, you create each part of the character as a separate image. You need not worry about any sort of atlas. Meaning we can potentially go completely wild.

You then assemble it in Spriter, and do all your animating.

From the Spriter and image files, it generates the atlas and anim for use in the game.

First, you create each part of the character as a separate image. You need not worry about any sort of atlas. Meaning we can potentially go completely wild.

From the Spriter and image files, it generates the atlas and anim for use in the game.

You mean we can get rainbowcoons that look like actual racoons? (well tim burtony racoons any way)

For your description doesn't look too hard. Just make the puzzle pieces and assemble them with the tool. So...what's the catch?

You have to make the pieces and assemble them.

And the assembly process involves constructing a system of bones... with Inverse Kinematics limited to the "pro" version of the software.

The real catch is doing all the animation.

Non-animators don't seem to realise just how much work goes into animation! Especially animation of a high standard.

• Like 3

And the assembly process involves constructing a system of bones... with Inverse Kinematics limited to the "pro" version of the software.

The real catch is doing all the animation.

Non-animators don't seem to realise just how much work goes into animation! Especially animation of a high standard.

Why are you quoting me? Teo is the one underestimating the effort taken. :(

I said it'd take "making the pieces and assembling them" in the same way I'd say writing a computer program just takes "writing the code and compiling it". But yeah, I really don't know what it would really take to do a proper animation.

Edited by simplex

Why are you quoting me? Teo is the one underestimating the effort taken. :(

I said it'd take "making the pieces and assembling them" in the same way I'd say writing a computer program just takes "writing the code and compiling it". But yeah, I really don't know what it would really take to do a proper animation.

I was quoting you there because what I was posting was sort of an extension of what you were saying. =)

I'm also getting this error on standalone. I'll look into it.

But I'm not getting the first one, with worldgen. Everything's running smoothly, in the standalone version, the steam (live) version and in the public preview. How strange. Just to be completely sure, could you:

• Erase or comment out (prefix by "--") the ForceEnabled line in modsettings.lua, if it's there.
  • Launch the game.
  • Disable the mod.
  • Close the game.
  • Launch the game again.
  • Enable the mod.
  • Try climbing a beanstalk.

That trick solved the crash at new world load without ForceEnabled.

But not the beanstalk bug. Isn't this tail call error similar to the one we had with the SK?

log.txt

And i suppose you can add multiple anims to one build to serve as different states in its stategraph?

Edited by lifemare

That trick solved the crash at new world load without ForceEnabled.

But not the beanstalk bug. Isn't this tail call error similar to the one we had with the SK?

I did push a fix for the crash at new world bug to the repo, anyway. But I can't understand why you're having this one crash still. I can't reproduce it.

It's not similar to the error with the SK. That was about the mod debug-reporting logic in the game trying to get information about a tail call. Those tail calls in the log are just Lua reporting they happened before the crash, it's not an issue.

What's happening is that the game is not finding the level. It's receiving the information about which level to load, restarting the game state, entering worldgen and then not finding it. But the log shows the level is being properly added anywhere else but worldgen.

I don't see how I could fix this until either I find a way to replicate it or Klei adds the support to print error output during worldgen. It's entirely possible some error is happening inside the mod at worldgen making it crash, but since not even error messages get logged during worldgen we have no way to see what's going on.

This sounds both really cool and like a lot of work!