Funko Pop Skins will be Marketable/Tradeable?

3 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Thanks for the explanation of the difference between the Proof of Purchase and normal elegant skins.

Still curious what makes these Skins exclusive though. I mean you can just grab them from the steam market....

image.thumb.png.91c49e1dec6e8350d8e1d8d998e5c6d3.png

edit: (If these skins are exclusive to Wilson, Willow, Wendy and Webber pops, I don't understand how they are if you can just grab them without.)

Where is this screenshot from? Those are the highest quality versions of those illustrations I've seen!

31 minutes ago, chazhi said:

some people complain mostly because the quality of the skins has been changed into elegant,not just because they are marketable and tradeable.

But why? What difference does the rarity of them make? Would it be worse if they were Spiffy?

3 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

But why? What difference does the rarity of them make? Would it be worse if they were Spiffy?

Because it's hard to get these toys in China and any other places where dont have the Gamestop etc. 

We've been working on finding a way to get those, just for the skins.Me myself even find a friend in US to buy these toys and just give me the cdk, then he can keep the toys while I pay the full price.And now these skins are tradable? Where's the point of doing all these hard works?

16 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

In the game,yes the skins are no difference.But what the difference between the toys in the official store and the pops?Why the qualities are different? they just want a "proof" of the fact that they want to support klei.

22 minutes ago, 1ake said:

Because it's hard to get these toys in China and any other places where dont have the Gamestop etc. 

We've been working on finding a way to get those, just for the skins.Me myself even find a friend in US to buy these toys and just give me the cdk, then he can keep the toys while I pay the full price.And now these skins are tradable? Where's the point of doing all these hard works?

I understand that. I just don’t understand why them being Elegant is such a big problem in addition to them being tradeable. 

Can you order from AmazonGlobal? They ship almost everywhere.

19 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I understand that. I just don’t understand why them being Elegant is such a big problem in addition to them being tradeable. 

Can you order from AmazonGlobal? They ship almost everywhere.

Just being "Elegant" rarity, in addition to them also being Steam Market tradable means (at least in my case) it's not worth buying... not now, not later and certainly not if one has to deal with additional custom problems and custom duties contributing to their prices skyrocketing (up to 4x-6x original package price), not to mention shipping times going well into several months of travel. Yes, for a lot of countries out there is that much of a pain in doing any type of transaction and shipping/traveling to no matter AmzonGlobal and the like. More so (again in my case) the actual figurine doesn't matter at all and the skin, being stripped of that exclusive "Proof of Purchase" tag (think of it as a vanity thingy) plus, again, knowing you can get them later on from Steam Market for maybe as little as 5$ each (without any hassle) - even trade items for them - equates to Funko deals going out the window even as concept. And seems many people from such problematic locations around the world think the same.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Just being "Elegant" rarity, in addition to them also being Steam Market tradable means (at least in my case) it's not worth it buying... not now, not later and certainly not if one has to deal with additional custom problems and custom duties contributing to their prices skyrocketing (up to 4x-6x original package price), not to mention skipping times going well into several months of travel. Yes, for a lot of countries out there is that much of a pain in doing any type of transaction and shipping/traveling to no matter AmzonGlobal and the like. More so (again in my case) the actual figurine doesn't matter at all and the skin, being stripped of that exclusive "Proof of Purchase" tag (think of it as a vanity thingy) plus, again, knowing you can get them later on from Steam Market for maybe as little as 5$ each (without any hassle) - even trade items for them - equates to Funko deals going out the window even as concept. And seems many people from such problematic locations around the world think the same.

But then isn’t it a good thing that people,e who don’t want the skins can resell them to people who do but don’t want the figurines? Yes, people are asking a lot for them now, but the price will come down over time, and no need to deal with customs. Also, I really still don’t see why the Elegant status makes it worse.

34 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

But then isn’t it a good thing that people,e who don’t want the skins can resell them to people who do but don’t want the figurines? Yes, people are asking a lot for them now, but the price will come down over time, and no need to deal with customs. Also, I really still don’t see why the Elegant status makes it worse.

As I've stated before, my supposition based on what I've seen on these forums and from personal experience over time (yes, empirical stuff in lack of better) is that percentage of people wanting only the figurines and that aren't into the practice of making money of Steam Market is.. abysmally small. Yet the number of people profiting from this system at present (high prices, small supply, no RNG drops involved thus potentially steady/consistent income) is way larger than said number of people only wanting the figurines, not the skins - most of us are into this Funko deal for skins alone it seems (will make a pool on it to see, on the small sample provided by this forum, how this actually stands scrutiny).

Anyway I've already addressed, punctually, main Funko skins issues here.

As for "Elegant" vs "Proof of Purchase", as per stated vanity element, if I (and probably @1ake and @chazhi only to name 2 from this page alone) would've knew from start we can get those skins from market, and that exclusive "Proof of" wasn't on the "bragging rights" table anymore, most likely I wouldn't have bought them, the 2 Fukos I wanted for their respective skins. Thus the problem for me is I purchased not knowing the full description of said figurines because complete specs weren't provided by vendor and Klei by extension, in advance. And no, I haven't canceled my order as I've just swept under the rug all this affair. Yet I'm unhappy of how we weren't provided with complete Funko skins specs right from start, when they were announced.

19 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

As for "Elegant" vs "Proof of Purchase", as per stated vanity element, if I (and probably @1ake and @chazhi only to name 2 from this page alone) would've knew from start we can get those skins from market, and that exclusive "Proof of" wasn't on the "bragging rights" table anymore, most likely I wouldn't have bought them, the 2 Fukos I wanted for their respective skins. Thus the problem for me is I purchased not knowing the full description of said figurines because complete specs weren't provided by vendor and Klei by extension, in advance. And no, I haven't canceled my order as I've just swept under the rug all this affair. Yet I'm unhappy of how we weren't provided with complete Funko skins specs right from start, when they were announced.

I think we’re really getting to the heart of this. You would not have bought the figurines if you had known that anyone could just get the skins on the market because there are bragging rights to an exclusively POP skin that there aren’t for a tradeable skin, however much it may cost. 

15 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

I think we’re really getting to the heart of this. You would not have bought the figurines if you had known that anyone could just get the skins on the market because the there are bragging rights to an exclusively POP skin that there aren’t for a tradeable skin, however much it may cost. 

I believe that was no secret for anyone, but quite fairly evident; and no shame of pointing/admitting it from either parts of the fence. However the problem lies with "however much it may cost" - 14E is so-and-so acceptable on my behalf (because it also comes with a figurine, so a tangible thing); 60E ONLY for skin is pure madness in my eyes. And that's the problem I see with Steam Market - there are people willing to spent that much on some pixel item out of vanity, dragging us all with them on the path of maintained high prices. But Klei, anticipating this, could've had slapped the "Proof of Purchase" on them, more so as it's also a merchandise blest by their brand. Anyway I get their reasoning yet am still unhappy with, again, the fact they didn't provide complete Funko skins specs right from start.

PS: started mentioned poll regarding who wants what from Funko Pop DST bundles here.

Actually, now that I understand the substance of your complaint, I agree that it is legit. You bought the figurine to get the skin with the idea that the skin would have a special, limited edition status like the Klei POP skins. Then that turned out not to be true. Granted, I don’t understand why this is so important to you, but I don’t really need to. I also don’t think that it’s a world -shaking scandal on a par with Watergate, but still it’s a legit gripe.

I'm happy that they're marketable, I didn't want to buy a useless chunk of plastic just to get that lantern skin and now I don't have to. But I do understand why people are mad, this should have been clear from the start and honestly I'm not sure why its even a thing since this will no doubt hurt Klei's toy sales and nowadays they seem to be all about the $$$.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

..I don’t understand why this is seems so important to you, but I don’t really need to. I also don’t think that it’s a world -shaking scandal on a par with Watergate, but still it’s a legit gripe.

Yep, it seems important to me. Some posts in a random topic on forums actually pointing again and again same facts doesn't qualify that important in my book. But again depends of what "important" means in eye of proverbial beholder, heh.

Also I don't see any "world -shaking scandal on a par with Watergate" - it's excessive as characterization of some posts pointing the same thing. But hey, life is beautiful and full of... stuff.

Anyway, from my point that's that. Am getting skin-codes from 2 bought Funko figurines, in future will get the other 2 skins from market, all for running in style, insane, in the deep dark forest of starvation doom, Moon's magical werepig-making gaze much included :D

19 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Ah yes. Shame on Klei for being so greedy recently. Not like they gave away like $84K worth of Hamlet keys recently...

...wait.

So if I steal 10 wallets but give 1 away to a homeless person I'm a good person? Cool.

I'm not going to pretend to know why they did that but I bet there was a good reason beyond simple kindness and generosity. Looks nice from a PR perspective for one. It sure convinced you. Don't forget that Klei is a company, their goal is to make money, if their customers never complain about anything they'll keep pushing what they can do more and more. This place is awful and attitudes like yours aren't helping. Complain once in a while, its necessary.

EDIT: Also whilst I'm sure plenty of the Hamlet beta testers would have bought the game anyway lets not pretend that they all would have.

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

Also I don't see any "world -shaking scandal on a par with Watergate" - it's excessive as characterization of some posts pointing the same thing.

I was talking about this kind of thing:

On 12/4/2018 at 12:30 PM, Thalkas said:

I think its the worst done action in the history of Klei products

It was definitely a goof not to explain that the skins don't have the same status as the skins that come with Klei's own products, but man, if that's the worst thing they've ever done, they're saints in my book.

6 minutes ago, D7X said:

... do you know who that helps? No one. Maybe it makes you feel good about yourself but you're not doing any good on this little crusade of yours.

It helps quite a lot actually if people take it to heart instead of attacking the person making the statement. The world could do with more critical thinking.

Regardless, my point seems to have been fundamentally missed:

There's a difference between "Klei made a bad decision" and "Klei made this bad decision because they are [negative adjective here]."

I have no problem if anyone disagrees with a result but I find making an assumption about the cause silly. It's not constructive in any way.

3 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Klei giving away 12K keys. Getting free keys is good, no?

You can apply whatever conspiracy dribble you want to it to contort it into a negative if you so desire but it leaves the realm of direct "result" to assumed "cause".

Let's be frank here, Hamlet is full of bugs. I've lost track of how many worlds I've abandoned 'cause black screen in buildings, being teleported randomly off-map when exiting house/shop, townsfolk 'pooping' hammers, poop spawned in towers, disappearing desks in houses etc etc etc. Don't forget Hamlet was already pushed back once to the disappointment of many. More delays and/or the selling of a pretty faulty and partial product would've meant a lot of fair-criticism and negative publicity. Am sure they've weighted all odds and found giving beta-testers the DLC for free would not only alleviate said problems, but also give viva voce publicity (positive word of mouth is best type of publicity anyway). And is ok. Is this speculative? Not really, we have the circumstantial evidence. Is a good move, generous one from Klei? Yes as well. All in all my only real complain with them would be to, maybe, organize themselves and communicate better - and that's still a pretty subjective matter.

Archived