[Game Update] - 297718

Some commentary on the new decor stuff:

The new statues feel good, and the new flower pots are great.

Not a fan of the crown moulding as it works now, it feels both out of place in the kind of industrial look of the game and yet at the same time feels mandatory for most rooms as a decor buff. It just really doesn't fit well for me there, but I get that's entirely my opinion. I think the trimming tile was a more interesting idea, especially as it seemed to work as a background tile in the last hotfix. Crown moulding on something like metal or plastic tile seems especially weird.

The new metal ore cost of canvas seems excessive on top of the reed cost now. Costing raw mineral (mainly granite) seemed like a good medium, and the added reed fiber was also good. Right now at 400 raw metal I don't see a whole lot of reason to ever really bother with paintings over statues/crown moulding, and that seems like a step backwards. Decor type stuff should really come down to preference more than material, except in cases of straight upgrades like mineral vs refined metal statues, like we already saw.

Edited by Mazz312
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazz312 said:

The new metal ore cost of canvas seems excessive on top of the reed cost now. Costing raw mineral (mainly granite) seemed like a good medium, and the added reed fiber was also good. Right now at 400 raw metal I don't see a whole lot of reason to ever really bother with paintings over statues/crown moulding, and that seems like a step backwards. Decor type stuff should really come down to preference more than material, except in cases of straight upgrades like mineral vs refined metal statues, like we already saw.

Every game I've played to 1000+ cycles so far, I've had issues with running low on ore.  I do tend to build a lot of airflow/mesh tiles, but the fact that refined metal becomes so abundant and ore so rare feels wrong to me.  I always end up replacing all of my wiring with conductive wire, just to reclaim some of the ore I've used.  It would be nice if refined metal could be turned back into ore, or if refined metal could be used to make some of the stuff that's limited to ore currently, like airflow/mesh tiles for example.

15 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Every game I've played to 1000+ cycles so far, I've had issues with running low on ore.  I do tend to build a lot of airflow/mesh tiles, but the fact that refined metal becomes so abundant and ore so rare feels wrong to me.  I always end up replacing all of my wiring with conductive wire, just to reclaim some of the ore I've used.  It would be nice if refined metal could be turned back into ore, or if refined metal could be used to make some of the stuff that's limited to ore currently, like airflow/mesh tiles for example.

Or one of 30k km raw ore asteroids could be moved to 10k km, so you could send rockets fully packed for cargo.Or meteorites could drop raw (and varied) ore instead of refined.

Edited by avilmask

On 12/4/2018 at 4:44 AM, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Decor no longer passes through mesh/airflow tiles, but still passes through windows.

I returned to the game after a few months, and found out that my printing pod no longer provide decor for the two floors below it anymore. Thought it was unintended, but then found this thread.

It is such a sad day. I had fun figuring out how to use the printing pod to replace decor and maintain a compact early base.

I guess realistically it made sense that decor passes through mesh/air tiles... but somehow not passing through also realistically makes sense :(

Am I right to understand that the developers no longer want to encourage build where a clump of decorations provide decor for a few floors?

3 hours ago, kouromaro said:

Am I right to understand that the developers no longer want to encourage build where a clump of decorations provide decor for a few floors?

IMO the devs want us to build window tiles instead.

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

IMO the devs want us to build window tiles instead.

The problem with windows tile is that it is unavailable in early game.

And it has the same air flow issue as normal tile in early game.

And no running speed bonus... not that it matters since you can not build it anyway T_T