Don't starve character backstory's

12 minutes ago, axxel said:

So, Webber was Yorick after all?

Yeah, maybe Webber is a reference to Yorick, in some way.

1 minute ago, Mooagain said:

Yorick? who's that?

Yorick-Skull-Hamlet.jpg.a3854453593613018b880d70fbab5571.jpg

Yorick is a dead jester, in William Shakespeare's novel, Hamlet takes his skull and laments his death:

-"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?..."

55 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Yeah, maybe Webber is a reference to Yorick, in some way.

Just in case: It was Warbucks' quote to Webber's skull. He seemed to be surprised to this skull.

Yup, I think I end theorising more until more content show up. 

None of the Don't Starve playable Characters could have entered the Constant BEFORE 1906, because ALL of the characters are brought into the world by Maxwell, and they all have things to say about Maxwell. Since Maxwell didn't get into the Constant before 1906, none of the players could have entered before 1906.

Alright, with that out of the way, I'd like to propose some things.

First thing to note: It's entirely possible that the devs weren't fact checking the date of creation of every single trinket they put into the game and based quotes around them.

Second thing to note: A lot of people have this misconception that Webber must have had a scientist father, but he has one quote, ONE QUOTE, which talks about how "Father used to work on something like that" when examining an Alchemy Engine. Most of his quotes talk about farm life and stuff. It's most likely he's referencing a milking machine or some science-y thing used, well, on a farm.

Third thing to note: RetCons exist, and you really shouldn't be trusting stuff stated, added, or changed a VERY LONG time ago, (like, early DS development)

Alright, That's all I wanted to say.

On 12/2/2018 at 1:13 PM, Tapirus said:

"Willow always regarded being brought to The Constant as a new beginning. It allowed her to leave everything behind, after all."

(Maybe Willow burned the Voxola Industry, but I doubt she had some motives besides "Because things on fire is fun!")

she could of worked at the factory gives her reason to burn it done child labor was pretty bad.

guys I got it Every character has a W you know what else is a W the golden arches. turn them around and what do you get. Thats right a W
WHOA

not enough proof alright what about beefalo (beef-a-lo) BEEF oh Meatballs
you know what requires beef BURGERS!
BURGERS from mcdonalds.

not enough fine. lets look at the pigs, pigs are low intelect poor workers. and you know what has been called pigs before workers or men to the slaughter does the BAY OF PIGS MEAN NOTHING TO YOU. you know are poor workers Mcdonalds employees!

HOLY JINGLE BELLS BATMAN!
Don't starve is just about trying to escaping the corporate hell that is McDonalds 
Wilson is the unexpected new guy
Willow is a crazed grill master
wolfgang company packmule
Wickerbottom did the finances
WX a personification of food assembly
Woodie works the breakfest shift
Wendy.dissatified with her happy meal
webber lost in the ball pit
Wigfrid. mascot suit wearer

DS if MCDONLANDS

Spoiler

basically what this thread has devolved into 

6 hours ago, Master Jand said:

None of the Don't Starve Characters could have entered the Constant BEFORE 1906, because ALL of the characters are brought into the world by Maxwell, and they all have things to say about Maxwell. Since Maxwell didn't get into the Constant before 1916, none of the players could have entered before 1906.

Only one I think came from our world before then was Pugna. He's been canonized by the loremasters as a person from our world.

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Only one I think came from our world before then was Pugna. He's been canonized by the loremasters as a person from our world.

Yep, Pugna left the Earth a time before than Maxwell, enough to know about Constant (DS/DST world) and Hub (Forge world).

¿Maybe about Bog (Gorge world) too? No official confirmation yet.

6 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So is immortality a thing in the Constant?

...well, I mean living forever if you don't die from everything else in the Constant. I mean, NO DEATH FROM AGING! :wilson_ecstatic:

Also! Real talk. Why didn't Maxwell just make a shadow clone, have it take the throne from him, and then make a life giving amulet or a meat effigy and just die? If he dies the shadow puppet dies, then there's nobody on the throne anymore, and nobody to stop them from escaping.

extrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.png

2 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

Yep, Pugna left the Earth a time before than Maxwell, enough to know about Constant (DS/DST world) and Hub (Forge World).

¿Maybe about Bog (Gorge world) too?

But I don't think Billy and Goat Mom along with the pigs and the cursed merms were ever originally human or came from outside of the Constant. 

...which reminds me, how does Wilba fit into all of this? Also Shipwrecked (specifically Wilbur), because the devs said that Wilba is the first and only character that's originally from the Constant, which means that somehow a sentient anthropomorphic monkey monarch managed to either attract Maxwell's attention or he just happened to accidentally slip into the Constant.

extrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.pngextrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.pngextrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.pngextrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.pngextrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.pngextrathink.png.599ec681841d3e0c87939300d138a5db.png

11 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:
  1. Also! Real talk. Why didn't Maxwell just make a shadow clone, have it take the throne from him, and then make a life giving amulet or a meat effigy and just die?
  2. ...which reminds me, how does Wilba fit into all of this? Also Shipwrecked (specifically Wilbur), because the devs said that Wilba is the first and only character that's originally from the Constant,
  1. The rules stated from what I've seen is the throne needs a human soul. You can't get something from nothing, so Maxwell for the longest time was a battery. I highly recommend "Book of Lost things" from John Connoly. Rumplestilskin makes deals with children to become rulers by trading their siblings for royalty, and the throne is his life force. So the fictional world children go to trap them there.
  2. Hamlet establishes that pig indeed do have souls(hence pig-ghosts) so wilba is a living breathing piggy and a descendant of a constant resident. That makes her special in my opinion.

28 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

But I don't think Billy and Goat Mom along with the pigs and the cursed merms were ever originally human or came from outside of the Constant. 

I never said that "Everybody was human" thing.

The Earth, Constant, Hub & Bog are different worlds, being accessible only with travel knowledge (Maxwell, Pugna and Mumsy showed knows about this) or some artifacts (like the portals).

1 minute ago, minespatch said:
  1. The rules stated from what I've seen is the throne needs a human soul. You can't get something from nothing, so Maxwell for the longest time was a battery. I highly recommend "Book of Lost things" from John Connoly. Rumplestilskin makes deals with children to become rulers by trading their siblings for royalty, and the throne is his life force. So the fictional world children go to trap them there.
  2. Hamlet establishes that pig indeed do have souls(hence pig-ghosts) so wilba is a living breathing piggy and a descendant of a constant resident. That makes her special in my opinion.

But...THEY are souls...shed from their mortal shells and transformed into something else. Look at Mr. Skits, he's basically a soul, able to posses and haunt things. And since THEY can be reduced to simple nightmare fuel, it's basically soul energy.

Spoiler

And since it's established that he can fragment his mind, then why not fragment his mind and leave the Constant with just the bare minimum behind?

2 minutes ago, Tapirus said:

The Earth, Constant, Hub & Bog are different worlds, being accessible only with travel knowledge or some artifacts (like the portals).

I didn't either...

28 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

or came from outside of the Constant. 

I think that the Gorge and the Forge's worlds are like subsections of the Constant, only accessible by the ancient gateways, which were protected by the long lost gatekeepers.

Spoiler

Also is Shipwrecked just...not canon?

There are so many confusing threads going on there that I honestly don't wanna touch right now...

58 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also is Shipwrecked just...not canon?

There are so many confusing threads going on there that I honestly don't wanna touch right now...

Spoiler

I think that the Gorge and the Forge's worlds are like subsections of the Constant, only accessible by the ancient gateways, which were protected by the long lost gatekeepers.

Spoiler

Shipwreck and Hamlet are parts of Constant, but beyond the limits known by the survivors (not even Maxwell knows ALL in that world).

Spoiler

Maybe, but I suppose we should wait until see some official confirmation.

is wilson know hairdryer ?!

"Maybe a tool for testing aerodynamics?"

i think he is not ! but he must know it because he entered 1920-22 , and hairdryer invented 1920 (acording to @Mooagain)

among the other charecters just willow know it .

others dont recognize its function or dont say anything special about it .

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

You know Pugna has a customized football helmet? What can we conclude from this?

I have no idea what to say about the hairdryer. Maybe the Devs used a different source than I did, or maybe Willow entered after Wilson. Seems odd though, since all the others entered before Wilson. Or, given Wilsons hair, Maybe he just never saw one before?

Also, where is this football helmet? The only skins for it are the Nox helms and a year of the Varg

(Speaking of which, This is the year of the pig, and we haven't heard much from the Devs since hamlet launched.)

1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

I have no idea what to say about the hairdryer. Maybe the Devs used a different source than I did, or maybe Willow entered after Wilson. Seems odd though, since all the others entered before Wilson. Or, given Wilsons hair, Maybe he just never saw one before?

Also, where is this football helmet? The only skins for it are the Nox helms and a year of the Varg

(Speaking of which, This is the year of the pig, and we haven't heard much from the Devs since hamlet launched.)

Battlemaster Pugna Really you don't see it?:o

I feel that overthink about the hair dryer is unnecessary.

The hair dryer was invented 1890, but commercialized in 1915-1920. They just started to be know by everybody in 1960.

One example like this: Mobile Phone. The fisrts models (prototypes) were made in 1970, but commercialized in 1983 and 1991. But not everybody knowed what was a Cell Phones, that happened more or less a decade later. 

So, its not strange if not all the characters knows what is a Hair Dryer. Willow knows about that, but Wilson and Wendy not.

7 hours ago, axxel said:

Battlemaster Pugna Really you don't see it?:o

Do you mean the thing under his left arm? I always thought is was a barrel, but I do see now that it has the football helmet texture.

Although that might mean is is just made of pigskin... Why does he have a ham bat and a pigskin thing? He is the leader of a pig army.

23 hours ago, Tapirus said:

The Earth, Constant, Hub & Bog are different worlds, being accessible only with travel knowledge (Maxwell, Pugna and Mumsy showed knows about this) or some artifacts (like the portals).

Also birds being able to cross realms, much to Maxwell's confusion...and repeated representation in puzzles.
I must know the truuuuuth.

23 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

...which reminds me, how does Wilba fit into all of this? Also Shipwrecked (specifically Wilbur), because the devs said that Wilba is the first and only character that's originally from the Constant, which means that somehow a sentient anthropomorphic monkey monarch managed to either attract Maxwell's attention or he just happened to accidentally slip into the Constant.

To the dev comment about only Wilba being from the Constant:
That makes it more likely that Wilbur is actually from the traveling circus.

Speaking of birds, Why does Woodie hate them? The devs said that his hatred of birds is irrational, so what is the reason? Maybe a special Bird God didn't like him chopping down too many trees, so the Bird cursed Woodie, and now he hates all bird kind?

And, Maxwell seems to know Lucy from before the game starts, based on his DST quote...

Also, I realy hope the Roc can travel between worlds. That would be fun.

2 hours ago, Mooagain said:

Speaking of birds, Why does Woodie hate them? 

I have a theory about this. If you check the wiki page for birds, almost all of Maxwell's quotes are about how he has no idea how birds are getting into the constant (or the Elder Bog.)

I think that the sky may function as some kind of portal between realms, allowing birds to travel through them freely. After all, Wilson went from the Constant to Hamlet with a hot air balloon.

Woodie doesn't know this, of course, but there's a reason he has a bad feeling about them.

Similarly, I think the ocean might work as a sort of portal too. The Elder Bog's merms got to the constant through the sea, and Wilson got to Shipwrecked through... A shipwreck.

Archived