Save The Pigs Initiative

THE HIPPIGCRATIC OATH  

17 members have voted

1. 1. I promise that I shall not harm a single hair on a pig’s chinny chin chin during the Year Of The Pig (King.)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I’ll be humane.
    • I’m the type of person who knocks down the houses and leaves the server with the materials.

6 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

That generally requires recently giving birth

One time I was watching random stuff on youtube and then found out that you can lactate if you have hormonal imbalance even as male...

So pigs took steroids and they now lactate.

someone kill me i found out too much about this weird world

Also there is supposedly weird bat species in which males lactate too.

also when did we start talking about lactating pigs?

8 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Be honest, they really can’t. Unless a female pig is lactating, an untrained human would not be able to tell the difference.

Honestly i was thinking about under their skirts( sorry children). Then again, that would support the fact that female pigs are currently hiding or generally just living among male pigs. If you don't give birth( still dont know anything about pigs popping out of houses few days later) you won't lactate and thus you look like a male since you have no fashion sense.

13 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Regarding female pigs.

Do an image search for bears on the internet, try to determine its gender, then remember that humans are only adept at determining the gender of other humans.

I thought that in the animal kingdom, females are either bigger(insects and some animals) or much more subtle( birds and stuff) in their colors. So if you compare a male and a female, or a male and a male, you will see the difference. If their gender is the same, their size/colors would be too. If their gender isn't the same, the bigger/less colourful one would be a female right? Using that theory, you can tell the gender of a pig. Plus their nipples and privates are quite easy to see since they don't wear clothes. Of course the human( what do you mean by "untrained"?) we're talking about needs to be educated in the rules of the animal kingdom to actually determine the gender. But i do believe humans have and can use their eyes to check the undersides of a pig, right?( though it would be rude with the Don't Starve piggies)

9 hours ago, Booklover said:

Honestly i was thinking about under their skirts( sorry children). Then again, that would support the fact that female pigs are currently hiding or generally just living among male pigs. If you don't give birth( still dont know anything about pigs popping out of houses few days later) you won't lactate and thus you look like a male since you have no fashion sense.

I thought that in the animal kingdom, females are either bigger(insects and some animals) or much more subtle( birds and stuff) in their colors. So if you compare a male and a female, or a male and a male, you will see the difference. If their gender is the same, their size/colors would be too. If their gender isn't the same, the bigger/less colourful one would be a female right? Using that theory, you can tell the gender of a pig. Plus their nipples and privates are quite easy to see since they don't wear clothes. Of course the human( what do you mean by "untrained"?) we're talking about needs to be educated in the rules of the animal kingdom to actually determine the gender. But i do believe humans have and can use their eyes to check the undersides of a pig, right?( though it would be rude with the Don't Starve piggies)

Using size is a hasty generalization, while it may provide accurate results, it’s not definitive.

Bright colors aren’t a mammal thing, we usually go with earth tones.

And nipples aren’t that different if the female isn’t nursing

Sure a save the pigs initiative is nice but I think we need a save the glommer initiative.

Seriously Glommer is so cute, I wish I could give him all the huggles, hes so fluffy and he gives sanity! But people love to murder the poor lil glommer buddy just to have a tiny shot at a stupid krampus sack. >:(

13 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Using size is a hasty generalization, while it may provide accurate results, it’s not definitive.

Bright colors aren’t a mammal thing, we usually go with earth tones.

And nipples aren’t that different if the female isn’t nursing

Your view on size and colour seems correct. But wouldn't a male and a female's nipples be different?( as in dont starve pigs). I mean wouldn't they have like puberty and their breast would be larger for females? About normal pigs, wouldn't the female have more nipples to feed their children? Search pigs feeding child and you will see the mom has a lot of nipples right? I have a two dogs with different gender and the female one has a lot of nipples. I dont think the female would grow more nipples after giving birth right?

1 hour ago, Booklover said:

I dont think the female would grow more nipples after giving birth right?

TLDR. Nipples develop at embryo stage blah blah blah before male genes kick in that's why sometimes both genders have two nipples ( rats dont )

The TIme during pregnancy the tissue develops more so females nurse... At least in humans... and well PIG(HU)MAN

Also what the F. Where do I know so much weirderer stuff.

1 hour ago, Booklover said:

But wouldn't a male and a female's nipples be different?( as in dont starve pigs). I mean wouldn't they have like puberty and their breast would be larger for females?

This is where my ''they are hormonally unbalanced 24/7'' stuff starts. 

38 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

TLDR. Nipples develop at embryo stage blah blah blah before male genes kick in that's why sometimes both genders have two nipples ( rats dont )

The TIme during pregnancy the tissue develops more so females nurse... At least in humans... and well PIG(HU)MAN

Also what the F. Where do I know so much weirderer stuff.

This is where my ''they are hormonally unbalanced 24/7'' stuff starts. 

Umm my question is: Do female pigs grow more teats( their nipples) as they give birth? Or do they have them when they're born? If the former is correct, that would mean pigs start with no nipples, yes? And if the latter is correct, that would mean you can identiy their gender, no?

About the "they are hormonally imbalanced( is unbalanced correct or imbalanced?) 24/7". Does that mean their puberty is incorrect? Or does that mean they produce the wrong hormones which caused them to not have female breasts, look like males and behave like them?

39 minutes ago, Booklover said:

Umm my question is: Do female pigs grow more teats( their nipples) as they give birth? Or do they have them when they're born? If the former is correct, that would mean pigs start with no nipples, yes? And if the latter is correct, that would mean you can identiy their gender, no?

Male Pigs have nipples because genetic stuff at embryo stage, same as female

nipples don't grow when pigs do give birth ( where did you get that idea)

39 minutes ago, Booklover said:

About the "they are hormonally imbalanced( is unbalanced correct or imbalanced?) 24/7". Does that mean their puberty is incorrect? Or does that mean they produce the wrong hormones which caused them to not have female breasts, look like males and behave like them?

I meant that pigmen are hormonally unbalanced because that would explain why there aren't any female pigman present-

there would be but male pigmen would look 99% same as female pigmen and vice versa

6 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Sure a save the pigs initiative is nice but I think we need a save the glommer initiative.

Seriously Glommer is so cute, I wish I could give him all the huggles, hes so fluffy and he gives sanity! But people love to murder the poor lil glommer buddy just to have a tiny shot at a stupid krampus sack. >:(

look at this thread.

You dont want to do this.

5 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I meant that pigmen are hormonally unbalanced because that would explain why there aren't any female pigman present-

there would be but male pigmen would look 99% same as female pigmen and vice versa

About the nipples growing when pigs give birth it was bcuz i was confused by your writing. You said something about tissue growing when they give birth.

Ok soooooo problem solved!

Any more deep discussions? (TBH I kinda like discussing with people)

This is a nice initiative indeed but it makes me flash back to the time i used to play DS Vanilla

> be me, 14, noob, Willow main

> be happy setting worldgen in my favor, many rocks, flint, etc

> set dusk and night to the smallest setting (just 1 segment)

> hatch a tallbird egg

> rear smol bird, it took down many other birds for me and i fed it all the seeds i got

> smol bird very happy

> befriend pig

> night falls

> i hear a roar, a smack, a squelch, and the sound of my poor, dearest smallbird dying

> realize it full moon

> nooooo.jpeg

> day instantly breaks before i can get my spear out and take down werepig in a fit of rage

> werepig turns into fren pig again

> awkwardly stand in front of him sleeping, fuming and grieving over a morsel that used to be my dear smol bird

> get existential crisis

Seriously, we need to provide a cure to their Susthropy to prevent more untoward incidents like these.

"Why just Save the Pigs? Why not the Bunnymen? the Butterflies? the Birds?  the Glommers? the Catcoons? The Beefalo? Why oh why not us, Papa?"

The Wee Mactusk asks his father, tears in his eyes and fear churning in gut as the hounds bay restlessly by his side and the humans draw ever closer, armed with wicked tentacle spikes, sick intentions burning in their eyes like hellfire. 

Mactusk shudders at his son's pleas. For once, they, the hunters, were now being hunted, perhaps to extinction. He would not escape this time, the humans would never cease hunting them - and the rest of his kind - for his precious ivory tusks. With a resigned sigh, he grips his blow darts resolutely, ready to go down fighting, and tells his beloved son:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than the others."

7 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

This is even more amazing than witnessing people on this forum discovering the concept of time zones.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.d1dc525edf5564eaa0cdeb2827c25c8c.png

What is animal farm? I didn't read the book.

6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

"Why just Save the Pigs? Why not the Bunnymen? the Butterflies? the Birds?  the Glommers? the Catcoons? The Beefalo? Why oh why not us, Papa?"

The Wee Mactusk asks his father, tears in his eyes and fear churning in gut as the hounds bay restlessly by his side and the humans draw ever closer, armed with wicked tentacle spikes, sick intentions burning in their eyes like hellfire. 

Mactusk shudders at his son's pleas. For once, they, the hunters, were now being hunted, perhaps to extinction. He would not escape this time, the humans would never cease hunting them - and the rest of his kind - for his precious ivory tusks. With a resigned sigh, he grips his blow darts resolutely, ready to go down fighting, and tells his beloved son:

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than the others."

This ALSO brings the question: How do they respawn? They were a hunting party, so their mom would not come with them, right? Then how do they pop out suddenly a few days after they died? What, is their camp booked so much that as soon as they died, a new hunting party would rent the house?

Also, I found out that the wiki said: Each hammered down pig house gives back half of the resources required to build a new one. Guess what? You need 4 pig skin to craft a house. BUT if the pig is outside of the house, why would you get pigskin? The pig's family?

I remembered something, you guys said "Save whatever animal is in danger Initiative" right? Well truth be told, you can't survive the game without killing. What about the grass you cut? The twigs you broke? The trees you chopped? Those have lives remember? And I guess i don't have to rage about those trolls/idiots that burnt every single sapling, grass tufts and pinecones. And while we're talking about this, I propose, That We Do Not Save The Greedy Gobblers, We Instead Think About Nature First Cuz If We Can't Do Simple, We Can't Do Anything Initiative.

Seriously when people say stuff about "No killing! Be vegan!" I legit start wondering is vegan food no killing? Don't vegetables and fruits have lives? Who're they kidding? While i kinda support not killing animals( cute ones only) I can't help thinking how wrong this seems." Oh you won't kill any animals! Isn't that good?" Well it is EXCEPT you would probably unbalance the equilibrium between the animals and the plants. What are vegan foods made of? Plants. What happens when we all eat ONLY plants? Plants will go extinct AND herbivores would DIE which is the thing you want to stop. Carnivores would die later as they have no more food to eat. In the end, we would be forced to kill and eat animals to retain the equilibrium. This is the thing very few people thought of. You can't just eat plants or meat. That's what omnivores are created for, to make sure the herbivores don't eat too much and to make sure the plants don't grow to much. Its like a loop, with carnivore preventing herbivores to eat all the plants and herbivores preventing plants to grow everywhere. Think of them as regulators. We are emergency regulators, when things go wrong we eat more meat or plants. Thats why we need to have a balanced diet. To make sure WE don't disrupt the loop. Extinction happens not because the animals died out, its because WE humans disrupted their lives. WE deforested them and removed many plants. WE hunted rare animals and disrupted the loop. Thus I want to conclude: YOU are neither a herbivore nor a carnivore, STOP being like one, have a balanced diet, eat 50% meat and 50% vegetables and fruit. STOP encouraging others to only eat plants or only eat meat. Thats NOT what we're created for. And its ONLY going to kill the animals we sought to protect.

Archived