[Game Update] - 296878

Ok, got a screen shot this time.  'No workable orders'.   This issue will wipe out an entire colony if you don't keep a constant watch on your food production or build out way ahead of things.

Spoiler

20181128220538_1.thumb.jpg.1588228700b376e1575a4b5fca5dcd3c.jpg

Have plenty of materials and have liceloaf set to infinite, but no workable orders.

This one happens regardless of the number of producers, and is why I made so many mushers.  It allows me to overproduce a bunch all at once before they all quit out, making it slightly less likely I will suddenly have everyone starve to death.  But now it's happening nearly constantly.  And when it happens to one building it happens to them all.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Astronaut Duplicants will really have to pee when they land after a mission

on a semi-related-unrelated side note... when will you look into certain negative traits not being balanced well, like Small Bladder having quite to no effect due to adding only 0.2% per cycle (meanwhile something like Anemic is just abysmal due to being -5 rather than -3 athletic). I hope you can take a look at your data collection and consider if some traits should be adjusted to be taken more or less 

also I think you can remove the -% bladder from suits, it's... weird

9 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Updated temperatures of new decor plants to match their biomes

Now personally I am fine with their new temperatures~

Though for a sec (minutes) I thought the plants would not spawn anymore (even removed from existing worlds)... since I paused the game when enabling debug and searched for them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iriswaters said:

More production issues: if you have 2 production sites that require the same material, they have some kind of collision and will often fail to recognize the existence of the material.  This means that large bases are pretty likely to result in mass starvation.

Reveal hidden contents

Here we see microbe mushers unable to recognize the availability of the nearby water.   It never occurs if there is only one microbe musher, but the moment you have 2, it is pretty much assured to be a constant issue. 

20181128212259_1.thumb.jpg.f9d08de02b3448a800010b067adecc9b.jpg

This is what I'm seeing as well. I suspect the '2 consumers of the same resource' effect is triggering for my musher because my supercomputer is also requesting bottled water.

Edited by JonnyMonroe

Massiv FPS boost in this one? o.0 went from 7FPS to 24 on my base.

BUG: The produktion que goes empty after each use, so food/steel production is manual now, as in I have to click back and forth to retrigger it to start again after each use. only happens if you got two of the same produktion strukture

Edited by Kindberg
more info for bug

4 hours ago, Kindberg said:

BUG: The produktion que goes empty after each use, so food/steel production is manual now, as in I have to click back and forth to retrigger it to start again after each use. only happens if you got two of the same produktion strukture

See further up in the thread. It's 2 of any structure consuming the same resource. So supercomputers and research stations will break a microbe musher. I've not tested yet but I assume an espresso machine will break a grill as well. My rock crusher and metal refinery seem to be ok so far but I've not left either on infinite for metals yet. Just lime on the crusher.

4 hours ago, Kindberg said:

Is that a joke? I see the opposite in my base.

Idling dupes seem to be related to a significant performance degradation. More idlers => less FPS.

2 hours ago, JonnyMonroe said:

It's 2 of any structure consuming the same resource. So supercomputers and research stations will break a microbe musher. I've not tested yet but I assume an espresso machine will break a grill as well. My rock crusher and metal refinery seem to be ok so far but I've not left either on infinite for metals yet.

Got one active rock crusher (+ a disabled one if that still matters) and one refinery, but still having trouble with the scheduling.

(Rock crusher just set to "egg shell > lime" and refinery ist just producing steel)

One thing that I find is definitely lacking from the UI of doors, would be corresponding up and down arrows for managing dupes restrictions when you put them horizontally. 

I use a LOT of horizontal doors, but then am stuck when it's time to provide some dupes to go through them, is left corresponding to up or down ? It's not clear...

Edited by JeP2k3
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JeP2k3 said:

One thing that I find is definitely lacking from the UI of doors, would be corresponding up and down arrows for managing dupes restrictions when you put them horizontally. 

I use a LOT of horizontal doors, but then am stuck when it's time to provide some dupes to go through them, is left corresponding to up or down ? It's not clear...

If you hover over the arrows, the tooltip tells you which direction it's controlling.

7 hours ago, bzzz said:

Is that a joke? I see the opposite in my base.

Idling dupes seem to be related to a significant performance degradation. More idlers => less FPS.

no joke, have never had it so smooth in the test branch before

5 hours ago, Iriswaters said:

Oh, hey, not to derail, but how do you pop up that info on this game?

steam's build-in fps overlay?

The decor plants seem to provide different morale depending on what their surrounding gas is.  Buddy bud is +26, radius 5 in polluted oxygen and (+15,2) in CO2.  Mirth leaf appears to need < 800g chlorine, and bluff briar is CO2. Was it always like that?

image.thumb.png.9665c771e7d20109d9a322901710b3c8.png

This Rocket hasn't returned yet, but the Research modules are back. When the other rocket returns, only the Command module and Research modules survive.

Rocket sections seem to be breaking again.

Edited by Jasperism

Everything is going fine. I've got a colony of 12 happy little duplicants, all busy mining and sleeping and building. Whoops,My rocket has come back, but there is no duplication to be seen, even after deconstructing the command module. What is the cause of this

Edited by notodehola

The specific work orders did not have a clash, as I was making liceloaf.   So it might still be that it is any 2 that have any possible work orders that overlap, but that would end up being most every station and hard to test for, and at this point I don't see a lot of evidence to suggest that that is what is going on. 

Edited by Iriswaters

19 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Got one active rock crusher (+ a disabled one if that still matters) and one refinery, but still having trouble with the scheduling.

(Rock crusher just set to "egg shell > lime" and refinery ist just producing steel)

I've had this issue while having only rock crusher which was set to infinite gold amalgam refinement.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Significant rework of the internals of production buildings with the new recipe screen.
    • No more notification spam
    • Duplicants should once again start fabricating once resources become available
    • Please let us know if anything else broke!

I didn't do extensive testing but I tried out putting mush bar and liceloaf on continuous on the microbe musher in a new game....and something was wonky. It doesn't seem to move on/back to mush bar once I was out of meal lice. Also, it seemed like if I had power issues...I'd have to reset continuous for each item to get the cook to start working there again.