• Mouse input instructions for tools have been simplified
  • Tool filter checkbox alignment fixed
  • Font sizes for status items are back to normal
  • Fix possible crash when Duplicants finished eating food
  • Work on unifying the visual weight of buildings in the build menu
  • Duplicants no longer become ill once dead
  • Critter Sensor setting will save/load properly
  • Fix crash after an assigned dead Duplicant gets buried
  • Change to building materials to allow non-elemental ingredients.
    • Carpet Tile now takes Reed Fibre.
  • Fix for animations not playing when a Duplicant dies, and correct animations play while being carried
  • All hovered objects once again show their temperature in the Temperature overlay
  • Duplicants no longer get stuck in an infinite loop when they become incapacitated
  • Added 3 new decor plants
  • Added 2 new paintings
  • Pedestal is now 1x2 to leave room for the displayed object
  • Fixed incorrect building name in Algae description

View full update

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@Ipsquiggle hi. are there any fixes for rockets planned soon?  my game constantly crashes  when i'm trying to unassign duplicant from the rocket or deconstruct the rocket or assign him to different rocket. i could play until now normally but i need to do full reconfiguration of that rocket so i NEED to get this duplicant out. if it helps i've sent my save file via regular crash screen (save file name "Factory 003"). also if it helps duplicant entered the rocket in jet suit

thanks in advance

Edited by Khullag

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Carpet Tile now takes Reed Fibre.

That's a lie, it also takes Balm Lily and weirdly enough Balm Lily Seeds. What I find more odd though is that the tiles cost 2 which is imho 200% of what I expected. I would not quite mind if if it was not for the fact that Thimble Reed still takes 160kg Pwater per cycle/fiber

On a side note, for the new plants one indeed needs a new world. They have no real stats yet (same parameters as Briar)

Buddy Bud are found in the Slime Biome

Mirth Leaf in the Jungle Biome

Jumping Joya in the Oil Biome (which quickly overheats 'em)

New Paintings are Wide (3x2, Base Value 6) and Tall (2x3, Base Value 7) but currently take 2x2. I'd at least suggest to give them more radius (50% more, up to 9 to be seen from afar). By the by, is the fruit covering the Gentleman's face intended? (yeah it is, I asked google-sensei, RL art is weird) 

Edited by SakuraKoi
I am not sure how I got to see +1 Decor plants...
  • Like 1

• Developer
16 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Does this mean the old seeds can't generate same worlds? Or the old seeds still give the same worlds except star map?

I feel like we're talking about something different so I'll just be very explicit to avoid confusion:

The new plants and their seeds (argh overloading of that word!) were added to worldgen, and won't retrofit into a save, so seeing them naturally appear will require starting a new game. Other aspects of worldgen were unchanged, so the geography, geysers, and starmap should be unchanged for a given worldgen seed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I feel like we're talking about something different so I'll just be very explicit to avoid confusion:

The new plants and their seeds (argh overloading of that word!) were added to worldgen, and won't retrofit into a save, so seeing them naturally appear will require starting a new game. Other aspects of worldgen were unchanged, so the geography, geysers, and starmap should be unchanged for a given worldgen seed.

At first I panicked a tiny bit since we've gathered a few thousands of them in the past few days in the seed browser, but I can confirm everything generates the same! *relief*

3 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Other aspects of worldgen were unchanged, so the geography, geysers, and starmap should be unchanged for a given worldgen seed.

Indeed. I sport a custom custom map which should be more different to the default, adding merely new POI or fused with the mod of someone else, an improved magma biome. Seed 0 gives me seemingly the same map, at least the planet type+count, cool steam vent position+output are the same.

This by the by means that I have to update my mod before the upgrade since I added a modified version of the jungle and marsh biome, so please don't change them files with the release but before, thank you~ (not that you might have to anymore since you only added them as tags)

Also to correct myself, the new plants have the very same parameters as Bluff Briar, I did apparently look at... no, wilted ones they could not have been?! 

ofc I am confident that their parameter will change, although Joya sure need to have a wide temperature range to cover both room temperature (I suppose 20°C would be fine) and their natural habitat, the oil biome which sports up to 100°C (if not more with stray magma). Briar Seeds could be made more cold resistant (like -10°C instead of 10°C) to give variety.

For the marsh/slime biome plant, (10-)40°C sounds fair since it is over 30°C consistently, jungle would be more akin to (15-)50°C or 60°C since the average temperature is 45°C. I'm not really sure about balancing the minimum temperatures but those sound good to me. Regarding atmosphere, only adding Hydrogen and Chlorine to Mirth should prove enough.

On a side note, all deco plants (wheeze does not count) sure are light-weight with 1kg~

1 hour ago, gary9996 said:

Small thing I noticed, the Mirth Leaf dies in it's natural habitat

Given it's a decorative plant, it's logic the plant don't like the chlorine and prefer the oxygen. But yes, it could appear weird considering it's their natural habitat.

3 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Ok could be related to a missing exosuit some cycles before (seems a duplicant entered a rocket wearing one but left it without after a trip)

bug.thumb.png.fab22f1bb361bc351598055e2611d50a.png

When a dupe gets into a rocket wearing an exosuit and then lands, he emerges and acts as if he does not have an exosuit equiped any more.  Same as if you just unassigned him after he has entered the rocket.  However as soon as he passes an exosuit checkpoint he will take off the suit he isn't wearing so the suit isn't lost, its just in his pocket for some reason lol.

Hope tempshift plates get fixed soon, in order to even get to space i had to build a giant aquarium in the sky to modulate heat lol.

While I really appreciate that reed fiber has more uses, I don't understand why you give us a tile that give the same bonus as one that need reed fiber?

Crown Molding Tile and Carpeted Tile both give +10 decor.

The Carpeted tile takes Balm Lily Seed, Balm Lily Flower and Reed Fiber.