Anim Cancelling: Too Much of a Good Thing?

Mr.Mulk

I just want to say that since Klei fixed the anim cancelling problem,me and my friends are more and more using mods or scripts to help us on fast attacking.We are all players with experience and we all do it manually before.We practice manually for a long time because we want to do our best for others. We used to click as fast as we can,we were very proud for that,but now we can’t do it anymore because obviously there’s a limit for the speed and if I click too fast it doesn’t count.But mods or scripts always do as good as they can,especially when there’s a limit makes us all uncomfortable on manually.Yes we become lazy.We are not speed runners so I don’t think it’s cheating or something anyway.We just want to have a good time with friends.

21 minutes ago, AlasKa1999 said:

I just want to say that since Klei fixed the anim cancelling problem,me and my friends are more and more using mods or scripts to help us on fast attacking.We are all players with experience and we all do it manually before.We practice manually for a long time because we want to do our best for others. We used to click as fast as we can,we were very proud for that,but now we can’t do it anymore because obviously there’s a limit for the speed and if I click too fast it doesn’t count.But mods or scripts always do as good as they can,especially when there’s a limit makes us all uncomfortable on manually.Yes we become lazy.We are not speed runners so I don’t think it’s cheating or something anyway.We just want to have a good time with friends.

What stops you from playing normally if it's just to have a good time with friends though? Feels like it's your choice to use the scripts here.

1 hour ago, Atkvin said:

I believe for singletarget you would inch forward again and again to cancel the shooting animation with the walking animation. Funny to watch but a bit riskier moving yourself towards a target compared to simply clicking between two.

QAQ I've watched a lot of people doing that but dumb me just couldn't get the hang of it:cold:

everytime i tried, it just ended up CANCELLING THE ATTACK instead of anim:cold::cold::cold:

34 minutes ago, orian34 said:

What stops you from playing normally if it's just to have a good time with friends though? Feels like it's your choice to use the scripts here.

We can use those skills manually before so why not now?For example,my favorite is Wickerbottom for healer.You know she has to make enough damage to prove her healing power,but the damage of living staff?10.If I want to be a better healer(with more healing power EVERY TIME),I have to fast attacking all the time.That’s why those skills are very important to me.I still want to be a good healer,or other dps,so as my friends.We feel comfortable with those skills(manually)and it feels so bad when they are gone.Mods never make more fun for us when we can do it manually,we all think cheaters are stupid.But now we want to play the forge as we used to,that’s why we use mods.I am fine with it,my friends are fine with it,so I don’t think there’s a problem.Actually I wish the forge just like it’s beginning,no mod,no fixed.

1 hour ago, FantineAz said:

QAQ I've watched a lot of people doing that but dumb me just couldn't get the hang of it:cold:

everytime i tried, it just ended up CANCELLING THE ATTACK instead of anim:cold::cold::cold:

To do that you need a good keyboard and good internet connection.As I know one of my keyboard(which is very very cheap :D)can’t do fast attacking.So maybe it’s not your problem.And now it become harder because if you press like FSFS too fast it doesn’t count,if you press them too slow it doesn’t work.It’s not easy for people to press just on the perfect time.For my experience,look at those fire balls from your fire staff,first there will be a shape of it then you can press S to cancel the left of anim. 

Personally I spent ages perfecting single target, it's not an easy task to put it lightly, but greatly improves the mage character as a whole. I love it when games have a skill that takes time to perfect and anim cancelling was a great example of it.

For the beginners there was staff multitargeting which boils down to spam clicking on multiple enemies and is easy to master

For the intermediates there was dart multitargeting which requires a rhythm click with proper target switching on multiple enemies and is a step up in skill

For the experts there was single target anim cancelling which was by far the most difficult to pull off and required tons of skill and practice to complete properly but greatly enhanced the experience.

And now thanks to the patch all three of those are gone for everyone (except cheaters, great), mage feels sluggish and boring, the game is much more now hold f to win.

Archived