QoL Upgrade Mk 1 Now Open For Testing! - 295825

4 hours ago, JeP2k3 said:

Regarding the food queues :

I don't know what is the intended or expected behaviour, but besides the bugs that are happening for now (production stopping at some point), the goal seems to give us the ability to set different foods to unlimited, I don't really understand in which order the dupes will follow the queue (maybe just in the order it was inputed ?) but they'll cook meal A until they don't have the means to (ingredient or skill), then they'll cook meal B until they don't have the means to OR they can cook meal A again, then meal C etc.

It may be worth taking a look at the Rimworld method for inspiration - setup a queue of recipes to cook, and then have a couple limited parameters on when to cook it.

So you could do, for instance (running in order from top down):

• Pepper Bread (while total Sleet Wheat Grain in storage is greater than 100)
  • Stuffed Berry (while total Stuffed Berry in storage is less than 20)
  • Pepper Bread (if total food is less than 100,000 kcal)
  • Gristle Berries (if total food is less than 50,000 kcal)
  • Liceloaf (if total food is less than 25,000 kcal)

(It may be worth only including "allowed" food in the "total food available" section, or differentiating between "total food" and "cooked food" available)

It always attempts to work it's way from the top down, only moving on if the condition is satisfied or there aren't enough ingredients to make it. Obviously my list there would need to be changed a bit to better fit the per-building basis used in ONI (since buildings can cook different things, unless there was some desire for a "cooking" menu that set overall goals for cooking), but beyond that it would give us a lot of flexibility, especially in terms of cutting back on dupe work without micromanaging the cooking system once we've got a large stockpile of food (since we can get them to stop cooking once we have enough stockpiled).

6 hours ago, Beowulfe said:

So you could do, for instance (running in order from top down):

You can do all of that right now, using more than one grill and some automation. (And I prefer the current way of building your own conditional systems instead of a more powerful scheduling feature)

But a way to ensure some personal prioritization would be really welcome to reduce the number of unused grills.

(It´s a good QoL improvement to schedule all rare occurring jobs on the same grill.)

3 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

You can do all of that right now, using more than one grill and some automation. (And I prefer the current way of building your own conditional systems instead of a more powerful scheduling feature)

Oh, for sure, which is a great starting point - and perhaps that's the best way to leave it handled going forwards, but I don't think there's any harm in hoping for less manual micro-management of the grill without building a full-on automation system for them, especially if they're in the process of rebuilding the UI and underlying code.

On 24/11/2018 at 7:48 PM, Daxterr said:

Klei we love you! 

Would you consider making one master item category above all the item categories? Contracting this category would remove all of the other category text and help unclutter the screen.

I would also like toggle to hide the lines for things we don't have any of. The worst offender for this is food as it's something I want to have open to keep an eye on but will be almost entirely a list of things I don't have.

hello, I am new to this. In this update, I notice there are few new things added, so if I use my save file from the space industry version, will that still work? If it works, will the new contents be available to my old save when the QoL updated finally released? or are they only exclusive for the QoL update save file? so in other words, do I have to create new game to play the new contents?

sorry if this question has been asked before, thank you for your time :)

Edited by alfardi

11 hours ago, alfardi said:

hello, I am new to this. In this update, I notice there are few new things added, so if I use my save file from the space industry version, will that still work? If it works, will the new contents be available to my old save when the QoL updated finally released? or are they only exclusive for the QoL update save file? so in other words, do I have to create new game to play the new contents?

sorry if this question has been asked before, thank you for your time :)

When the update hits your game will be upgraded to the new version and everything new will be available to build. Only things you won`t have access to are things tied to world generation. In the new update 3 new types of decorative plants were added. You won`t have those in your old game. All other things should work fine.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

When the update hits your game will be upgraded to the new version and everything new will be available to build. Only things you won`t have access to are things tied to world generation. In the new update 3 new types of decorative plants were added. You won`t have those in your old game. All other things should work fine.

thank you! that's fine by me. I just don't want to start over all again

On 22.11.2018 at 7:29 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

New Artifact Objects: Bring them back from outer space for decorative display in the colony

Well, let me just go ahead and ask at this point: Are they actually implemented?

I sure saw them in the code (mostly strings) but never in-game (after sending rockets, not as Sandbox items or even as part of the Ctrl+F4 Pedestal either), mentioned by anyone else nor did any hotfixes address 'em (as if they were perfect).

Since the upgrade will be tomorrow (~25h) and Corner Mould just has been added yesterday, I still sincerely hope that they make it this upgrade but I can guess if they do not happen it is the Metal Refinery which is to blame, yes?

• Like 2

On 11/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, Sasza22 said:

I`d wait. Preview has some debug tol running in the background that slow down the game. They also keep adding some stuff like the new plants that reqire a fresh start to get.

Honestly even today i am still having problems with Ram. After i hit the 400 cycles mark, i cant do anything.