QoL Upgrade Mk 1 Now Open For Testing! - 295825

10 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

If anyone wants to remove fixed temp output, just don't forget to also remove every single geyser, wheezewort, and AETN. And for realism purposes, do not vent mass into space.

I heard sous-vide genetic ooze is yummy.

A game (or movie/book) can alter some pieces of reality, but it have be consistent.
"Space vent" is. Certain building removing heat inexplicably isn't.

• Like 1

Klei, PLEASE implement these in QoL patch:

1. Logical inputs in: Liquid Reservoir and Gas Tanks
  2. Ability to replace Ladders the way we can do with Tiles
  3. Priority for Canister Emptier
  4. Countable Tile building (like pipes)
  5. Option to auto-promote dupes' jobs
Edited by Serpher
  • Like 10

Just now, Alpe12 said:

A game (or movie/book) can alter some pieces of reality, but it have be consistent.
"Space vent" is. Certain building removing heat inexplicably isn't.

"This concept is okay because I said so, and this concept isn't because I said so".

The game is not realistic or consistent with real-world expectations. Deal with it. If you can't, mods exist, knock yourself out.

Now let's stop derailing the thread.

constant temp output is fine.       it provides advantages and disadvantages/challenges. 

saying it delete heats - while is true.     but it also increases heat if the input temp was actually lower.  most of my water is lower in temp.

as far as realism go,   as pointed out  having wheezeworts and AETN and geysers and shoves in itself   depart from realism yet they're introduced into the game to give players some sort of 'balance' to the game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

constant temp output is fine.       it provides advantages and disadvantages/challenges. 

saying it delete heats - while is true.     but it also increases heat if the input temp was actually lower.  most of my water is lower in temp.

as far as realism go,   as pointed out  having wheezeworts and AETN and geysers and shoves in itself   depart from realism yet they're introduced into the game to give players some sort of 'balance' to the game.

Exactly. They are introduced into the game with that objective, therefore it's not the same.
Other than that, your comment is very "balanced". :encouragement:

18 minutes ago, Ixenzo said:

"This concept is okay because I said so, and this concept isn't because I said so".

The game is not realistic or consistent with real-world expectations. Deal with it. If you can't, mods exist, knock yourself out.

Now let's stop derailing the thread.

"Consistent" that I said is not with real-world. It's within itself.
And the end of your second paragraph is incredibly rude btw.

Edited by Alpe12
  • Like 3

• Developer
7 hours ago, Chasel said:

I'm glad to hear about modding support

i make a tool for unpack animation here ,but i don't know how to import a new animation to game   

so i didn't finish the part whitch can repack them to game data 

is there some example about import a new animation to game  in mod ?  

and how to create the hash number in anmation  ? just random ? 

At some point in the future we'll make it straightforward to import images and animations. In the meantime, you can compute hashes from strings using this algorithm:

Spoiler

public static int SDBMLower( string s )
{
    if (s == null)
    {
        return 0;
    }				
    uint hash = 0;
    for (int i = 0; i < s.Length; ++i)
    {
        char c = System.Char.ToLower(s[i]);
        hash = c + (hash << 6) + (hash << 16) - hash;
    }
    return (int)hash;
}				

3 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Now am I the only one who sees double?

That'd be trouble...

Could you tell me what resolution are you running the game at?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ipsquiggle said:

Reveal hidden contents

public static int SDBMLower( string s )
		    {
		        if (s == null)
		        {
		            return 0;
		        }				
			        uint hash = 0;
		        for (int i = 0; i < s.Length; ++i)
		        {
		            char c = System.Char.ToLower(s[i]);
		            hash = c + (hash << 6) + (hash << 16) - hash;
		        }
		        return (int)hash;
		    }				

Could you tell me what resolution are you running the game at?

Windowed 1920x1080; UI Scale 90%,

Was not in the previous version

No change when going Fullscreen 1920x1080

Solved when scaling UI to 100% (but my eyesight is not that bad!)

Further testing shows that the Starmap does not really scale well (don't go 4:3 with 100% scale or 75% with 16:10)

Spoiler

20181123185150_1.thumb.jpg.73db929bbfbe5676af37979c377f0ab0.jpg

20181123185409_1.thumb.jpg.d4302063f070f27d2612447d50c9622d.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

What's wrong with density? What's 'Max Mass' (because searching google for 'max mass vs molar mass' gives nothing) and why should we use it instead?

Molar mass is used to measure the mass of a molecule or an atom. For example, an oil molecule is much heavier than a water molecule, so oil's molar mass is bigger than water. But oil's density is lower than water, so oil will float on the water.

(The reason is, although an oil molecule is a bit heavier than a water molecule, an oil molecule is much more bigger than a water molecule.)

Maxmass is a group of value in game database, so don't feel strange you can't google it. It means the standard mass of liquid in one tile. For example, water and polluted water are 1000kg, magma is around 1840kg, petrol is 740kg. In other words, Maxmass is exactly the density.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CantBreathe said:

Can auto save be disabled?

Doors compressing air infinitely IS a bug in your game! 

Please treat it that way.

Pneumatic doors not requiring power to be automation-controlled is a bug, considering every other powered building doesn't respond to automation when not powered. The physical process of pushing gasses out of the door location is just a quirk of the 1-element-per-tile rule.

• Like 1

Been here since the beginning but this is the first time I’ve opted into the testing branch. There are so many amazing things to talk about, from all the subtle animations that bring the whole thing to life, to the insane coding that brings it all together. Klei has a team of absolute bloody geniuses pouring their heart and soul into this and it shows. But I really wanted to give an extra bonus BIG LOVE to the music, especially to the new musical scores which are giving me intense Blade Runner vibes. So thanks for being awesome. 

Gotta run...Gossman has just pi**ed all over the mushroom farm. 

• Like 1

@Ipsquiggle

Is it indented for the LOX tank to be unlocked along with the hydrogen engine? I would understand it as a gameplay balance change, but it makes zero common sense. Kerolox is the symbol of liquid engines, and by separating their unlocks you show that the player is supposed to use the petroleum engine with oxylite.

2 hours ago, Ixenzo said:

Is it indented for the LOX tank to be unlocked along with the hydrogen engine? I would understand it as a gameplay balance change, but it makes zero common sense.

Well it kinda makes sense when they call it cryofuel. Fuel that needs to be extremely cooled to become liquid.

Then again it`s a nerf. They should provide a close source of gold to compensate the need for extra oxylite.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Serpher said:

Klei, PLEASE implement these in QoL patch:

1. Logical inputs in: Liquid Reservoir and Gas Tanks

i rather want an output similar to smart battery. so i can use the signal to turn off like petrol refinery, or NG generators etc.

• Like 3

The Algae Terrarium has two delivery buttons (on/off) with same name and description. Bug?

Old bug: The hydrofan still has no info about water consumption in requirements (in description for build buttons)

Edited by saaadel

Hmm, i see many claim that the game runs slower in the preview, but with my old 500+ cycle colony with 17 dupes (+3 astronauts) i actually have roughly the same FPS  (17-20) as i had in last upgrade.  it kinda lifts my hope for good FPS increase when the upgrade goes live.

28 minutes ago, Xadhoom said:

Hmm, i see many claim that the game runs slower in the preview, but with my old 500+ cycle colony with 17 dupes (+3 astronauts) i actually have roughly the same FPS  (17-20) as i had in last upgrade.  it kinda lifts my hope for good FPS increase when the upgrade goes live.

Well, the hotfix did turn off a debug tool which was massively impacting FPS. How much the other debug tools take away is only what we will know when the upgrade is released but of course, the upgrade is also supposed to improve performance a lot so one should be able to expect a significant improvement.

5 minutes ago, SakuraKoi said:

Well, the hotfix did turn off a debug tool which was massively impacting FPS. How much the other debug tools take away is only what we will know when the upgrade is released but of course, the upgrade is also supposed to improve performance a lot so one should be able to expect a significant improvement.

@Ipsquiggle Can I claim bragging rights for the change :P?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

Well it kinda makes sense when they call it cryofuel. Fuel that needs to be extremely cooled to become liquid.

LH2 and LOX are completely different substances that require very different conditions for storing in a tank. The thing with LH2 is that it simply leaks through the walls of a tank since the particles are so tiny, and as such requires different lining and structure of the tank.

Besides, LH2 uses the same fuel tank unlocked along with the petro engine. This makes even less sense.

Edited by Ixenzo
word