QoL Upgrade Mk 1 Now Open For Testing! - 295825

6 hours ago, R9MX4 said:

Any chance to fix density? Now we are using Molar Mass as liquid's density. But actually we should use Max Mass. It will bring a really huge change to game. And if we continue to delay, the impact will become bigger and bigger when we decide to use the correct density.

What's wrong with density? What's 'Max Mass' (because searching google for 'max mass vs molar mass' gives nothing) and why should we use it instead?

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear about modding support

i make a tool for unpack animation here ,but i don't know how to import a new animation to game   

so i didn't finish the part whitch can repack them to game data 

is there some example about import a new animation to game  in mod ?  

and how to create the hash number in anmation  ? just random ? 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

I'd just like to be clear about the multithreading stuff: Some of the heavy systems in this game multithread very poorly and will likely never be split out; in addition there are some systems where multithreading overhead is unreasonable for systems with fewer cores. This is one system we've found so far (gasses and liquids in pipes specifically) that seems get a strong win from multithreading, and we hope we can find more, but it's very case-by-case.

It'd be nice if (auto)saving was on the list of cases to consider, to avoid the delay at the start of each cycle. I expect it could be reasonably easy to do as well (the whole world model should be frozen during saving, so threads should be simple with read-only data, if the save format can benefit from creating its parts independently).

Also, I'm curious, which systems of the game would inherently multithread poorly? E.g. most of the physics stuff seems to interact with cells only in a limited range, so I'd naively expect that having separate threads work on gases/liquids/heat/etc. in cell regions far enough from each other would in practice mean independent data (I have experience working with a spreadsheet application and in a nutshell that's a way how to get almost lock-less multithreading in such large datasets).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ashpoker said:

I'm running it just fine but there are ppl who are not. and i guess all the animations must eat some resources. 

Not really. The graphics are handled by the GPU anyway and the game bottlenecks in cpu.

Great patch though klei. I was hoping for an update on fixed temp outputs but there's more than enough here to keep me busy for at least 2 days. Maybe 3.

14 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Yes. That's why I know it works.

So why haven't you posted your working solution, instead of a (presumably) sandbox mockup?

You just need a bit of automation. Imagine the switch is the counter. It makes the loader stay on for 5 seconds. Only long enough to pick up a single egg then it checks if the sensor output is still enabled. If not, it shuts down.

I've already written it twice. A sweeper first picks up several eggs and only afterwards it delivers them. So, again, what you suggest doesn't work.

But I take it from your tone that you don't actually want help but just want to complain which is fine with me. I'll refrain from helping any further.

See, bad manners go both ways. I can easily take it from your replies that you don't actually want to help but just want to feel smug and superior. How did you possibly want to help if you're not even willing to acknowledge what I say?

@Ipsquiggle

I like to add some things too, especially to quality of life:

There are some buildings which suffer from not working when submerged, namely: any suit checkpoint and dock and the transittubeentry.

It would be nice to have a bottle emptier that can empty into a pipe so i dont need to build a wall with a pump around it but can just place it anywhere where i have liquid bottles. Also the bottle emptier should take so much liquid into its storage that no dupe can have more carry capacity.

Also it would be good to include a bottle provider from which the dupes can take bottles from a pipe instead of running to the next pool of water. Similar to this mod:

https://github.com/MooreDavid/ONI-MOD-/tree/master/Source/BriskBottler

Some buildings which give off dirty water take damage if they are supplied with dirty water. Let them just give it off instead.

The logic switch is inconsistent with the other logic stuff. Other logic things do not need a dupe to come and operate it at a change. Would be good to handle it the same as you can just use a sensor instead and change that values and the way the game is right not the logic switch is unused.

The plastic tube connection cannot be build in high pressure areas it does quickly take pressure damage if its submerged. The plastic tube cannot be build in high temperature areas either. It would be nice to have a more resilient form of plastic for those something that has more the propertys of steel.

For some reason any mod that makes auto sweeper go through tiles hurts performance pretty hard as example this code is pretty devastating to performance:

[HarmonyPatch(typeof(Grid), "IsPhysicallyAccessible", null)]
    internal class AutoSweeperThroughWallsMod_Grid_IsPhysicallyAccessible
    {
        private static bool Prefix(ref bool __result)
        {
            __result = true;
            return false;
        }
    }

Why is that and can it be fixed?

Edited by Rainbowdesign

I don't see why ranch automation would be an issue with the new sensors. We could automate them before without sensors and this just makes it a lot simpler. Have the sweeper deliver eggs directly outside the ranch by putting the conveyor loaders outside behind an open door. Then your sensor will turn it off the second you empty down to 8 critters and your eggs are stored outside the ranch. Use the new continuous incubators or an item dropper if you want to hatch them automatically but then you might as well not bother with a sensor at all and repopulate the stable with autowrangling from a nursery area. Personally im just gonna let eggs hatch naturally in the stable and let them go bad in storage outside it for omelette. I don't really care about keeping a perfect 8/8 in every stable when I can do 6-7 with essentially no power cost and just build more stables, which is very easy to do with the new sensor.

• Like 1

Just thought of a QoL feature I think some people would love to have:

- Let us replace ladders like normal tiles (So we can change the material of normal ladders on-the-fly or replace them with plastic ones)

Seems I found an other bug:

(Got over 10t clay and above 1t in the storage compactor right next to it. Thought I just had to schedule the new recipe and it would keep working, but it didn´t.)

=> The "infinite" recipe option doesn´t work (1-5 does)

5bf81561d7917_noceramic.thumb.png.f1b722ae410fd981a408a47858eb379f.png

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

New Sight Seeing Module: Send Duplicants to space for a morale and productivity bonus

Mhhh, i am wondering about the relevance about that...

When we don't need the rockets for research or cargo, we usually don't have problems of morale in the base...

Also, keeping a duplicant away 3 or [much]more cycles to give him a buff for that he becomes more productive at a time where nearly [/all] of our duplicants have their jobs maxed out seems out of place...

Both use seems useless to me...

Edited by Breizhbugs

All the space updates were a bit end gamy for me, but this sounds like the start of some great updates !

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

- Let us replace ladders like normal tiles (So we can change the material of normal ladders on-the-fly or replace them with plastic ones)

I haven't played in some while but... any normal tile can be replaced now ? Has in, change the type of tile (normal for isolated or mesh ones) AND the material it uses ? If it's not in the game yet, it could proove useful.

And for QoL purposes, I second every one who asked for some kind of sign building, to help make a sense of our colonies even when launching the game months later ! (or... just the day after, having spend the night resolving an oxygen/temperature issue and not remembering what I was planning to do next).

2 minutes ago, mr peeps said:

gnarly, cool, finally, wonderful; 

are there plans to remove the constant temp outputs from water sieves and the likes?

Why would you want that ? Water sieve is amazing way to delete heat almost for free. 

26 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

It's definitely not bugged, so there's nothing to be fixed. If you mean balanced in the way you consider best, there are mods for that.

It's not something I consider best, it's simply realistic. As far as most other systems go, they are based on realism. When I put 10 degrees (Fahrenheit) pwater into a sieve,  there is no way you could possibly tell me that it's realistic for it to come out at 90 degrees. It's an old placeholder system that hasn't been updated yet. Sure, for some machines it's convenient, but it's broken and unrealistic. It is most definitely bugged, mate. Or, maybe not bugged, but  broken

• Like 1