QoL Upgrade Mk 1 Now Open For Testing! - 295825

Got some questions someone already running the upgrade should be able to answer:

- Lowered freezing point of Super Coolant

Can someone post the new freezing point ? (°C or °K please^^)

- Shove Voles can no longer move through doors and tiles made of refined metal, or other very hard materials

Which (natural) materials are now shove vole proof ? (Thinking about abyssalite/diamond or maybe others too ?)

(PS: I will wait with the upgrade till I would be able to load my old base without my duplicants starving^^)

@Ipsquiggle can you please add the "ruler" tool? coz i think it would be hard for you to add dynamic counts on tile creation like you have for e.g. deconstruct order. and the "ruier" tool will allow to easily measure the area (will be useful for perfectionists builds :)). previously i used to count tiles when i wanted to be very precise and it was annoying. currently i can use deconstruct or sweep tool but then i might need to cancel the deconstruct/sweep order which is only slightly inconvinient. thanks for the update btw

Edited by Khullag

Just now, Saturnus said:

Yes. That's why I know it works.

You just need a bit of automation. Imagine the switch is the counter. It makes the loader stay on for 5 seconds. Only long enough to pick up a single egg then it checks if the sensor output is still enabled. If not, it shuts down.

image.thumb.png.1447eb8e2ee4e4a3fa9d7dcd476fc6a1.png

There is one issue with this (which you can automate-solve, for the record): a 96 tile room being 4 high requires multiple sweepers and loaders. So just 5s on will give ALL the loaders and sweepers time to do one egg. So you can still end up with more eggs than required being loaded up. You can solve that through sequentially turning on and off each sweeper after the previous one.

2 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Got some questions someone already running the upgrade should be able to answer:

- Lowered freezing point of Super Coolant

Can someone post the new freezing point ? (°C or °K please^^)

- Shove Voles can no longer move through doors and tiles made of refined metal, or other very hard materials

Which (natural) materials are now shove vole proof ? (Thinking about abyssalite/diamond or maybe others too ?)

(PS: I will wait with the upgrade till I would be able to load my old base without my duplicants starving^^)

super coolant freezing temp is -271.2 C

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

There is one issue with this (which you can automate-solve, for the record): a 96 tile room being 4 high requires multiple sweepers and loaders. So just 5s on will give ALL the loaders and sweepers time to do one egg. So you can still end up with more eggs than required being loaded up. You can solve that through sequentially turning on and off each sweeper after the previous one.

As you say, it can be solved relatively easy so I didn't bother to post it. Nor do I do 96 tile 4 high farms anyway so for me it's not an issue at all.

6 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Or make a tall stable with 2 sweepers overlapping a single loader

1 minute ago, Neotuck said:

Or make a tall stable with 2 sweepers overlapping a single loader

I'd rather have the tools work in function of stable instead of the reverse. It's kinda of a stylistic choice. Besides, for a drecko farm where you give mealwood it's practically required.

Edited by ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy

3 minutes ago, tuordiel said:

After patch fps dropped from 20 to 9 =\ mid-late game (50% of map digged).

Preview build have debug logging code, which is removed in the main version.

Thats why its slow....

Edited by juni3227
grammer fix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I have noticed that my cool steam vent cooler method stopped working entirely.

My setup feeds liquid to a chamber that is thermally connected with the steam chamber. 

The thermal connection method is tempshift plate - metal tile - tempshift plate.

image.thumb.png.ac0769f52a01be859b3d4e23e5838081.png

18 minutes ago, juni3227 said:

Preview build have debug logging code, which is removed in the main version.

Thats why its slow....

I never had my game being so slow during a preview,

They should have put the max debug mode on ?

Maybe we need another version without all debug tool, in case the problem came from another things.

Edited by alown
  • Thanks 1