[Game Update] - 295671

Jason

@Jason Sometimes when the BFB comes to eat you it bugs out and you're left frozen with the BFB above you. (Animation stops playing, both you and the BFB are frozen) Restarting the game doesn't fix it so you just end up dying from shadow creatures after you go insane. When is this bug going to be fixed?

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

It means that they grow because they are "wet". They get wet when it rains (during humid season) and when sprinklers are used. 

Doesn't that mean that the only place where sprinklers can be used on nettles is where the lily pond biome and the deep rainforest meet? 

It takes several days to grow nettles even with the sprinkler but the sprinkler itself can only hold enough fuel for 1 day.

Are we expected to base where a deep rainforest and lily pond biome meet or is there some other reason that the sprinkler can't hold enough fuel to grow a nettle once?

3 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

I believe in the last 15 or so games i played it hasnt happened (never seen it not happen really) When you reach 2nd year the glowflies just don't spawn from the flowers. Its very very consistent (that it doesnt work). Makes it that humid season on the 2nd year is a cake walk because theres no beedle spawning either since ... well they come from glowflies.

What he said....

6 hours ago, RonEmpire said:

I wonder if u drop froglegs poison on the ground and he dies to that

I've tried giving them tuber
they eat it and get poisoned, but it's gonna take a long time for them to die from poison
I think he lost 25 health from a single tuber (used health info mod to see how much health left) 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Can I get more info on this? It seems to work for me.

The glowfly cycle is, well, not cyclical. The glowflies spawn and they turn into cocoons after a few days. And then those Cocoons turn into Rabid Beetles. But the cycle never restarts, so the glowflies never return and the rapid beetles end up getting killed off sooner or later. The end result is that both Glowflies and Rapid Beetles are extinct by day 30ish, making light bulbs unrenewable (unless you're "lucky" enough to get 5 measly light flowers in the Roc's cave).

1 minute ago, QuartzBeam said:

The glowfly cycle is, well, not cyclical. The glowflies spawn and they turn into cocoons after a few days. And then those Cocoons turn into Rabid Beetles. But the cycle never restarts, so the glowflies never return and the rapid beetles end up getting killed off sooner or later. The end result is that both Glowflies and Rapid Beetles are extinct by day 30ish, making light bulbs unrenewable (unless you're "lucky" enough to get 5 measly light flowers in the Roc's cave).

they don't become unrenewable, they just get hard to get (roc cave)
wicker can probably make an applied horticulture and harvest lots of light bulbs

Just now, Rellimarual said:

Sometimes it just has mushtrees, which sucks. I think there should be multiple Roc islands so that over time the player can access lightbulbs as they are taken to each island.

in one of my worlds, there where 2 rooms with mushrooms (blue and green) and a single lightbulb room

let us make ro bin grow up into a roc that can take us to new islands!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jason said:
  • The Pig Mayor won’t fall asleep while hosting a guest now.

HUZZAH! KLEI HAS FOUND THE SOLUTION TO NARCOLEPSY!! :wilson_ecstatic:

StopHammerTime() in the console to clean them up.

Spoiler

The puns...they've started infecting the game itself!!

Fixed a crash when two things took things from a shelf at the same time.

Wait what? That makes about as much sense as that Webber line:

image.thumb.png.a21a1173edb17a44f5a0a85a52e46f87.png

The new Nettle growing mechanics sounds a bit annoying, seeing that the only option to make their growth advance without rain is a sprinkler that can only be used in certain areas that only lasts about a day.

Really hoping there's something in the future to help balance this.