New Mod Downloads

JoeW

Hey Guys,

So, I changed things a bit, with the hope of making things much easier for you.

[*]First, I have taken conversations about specific mods out of the root subforum, to clear things up for conversation about modding in general.

[*]The old Released mods have been moved into a new category which will be removed later, but keeping it now for reference.

[*]The new Mod Discussion forum will be used to discuss specific released mods in their own threads.

[*]A new downloads section has been added for all to use. This will serve as your central hub of operations for your mod. You can upload .lua, .zip and .txt files here.

[*]When your mod is uploaded, a new thread will be created for your mod in the new mod discussion section, this is where you can answer questions and address concerns regarding your mods. New threads cannot be made here, this is only for released mods.

I am sure things will change here and there as we move along, but feel free to let me know what you think.

The downloads section is loosely categorized, I expect more categories to be added in the future. If you feel something needs to be added, just let me know.

[MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION]So it is 1 file per mod thread?Do we upload each "flavor" of a mod and put links in the generated "sub-threads" back to the main one?EDIT:In other words I am not seeing an "add additional download" feature for a given mod thread

[MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION]Ok, so I have a speech templates mod, one "flavor" for translations only of base game speech and another "flavor" for speech mod creators.More to the point is a mod like Sliver's "master" mod that has different "flavors" depending on what features a wants to enable.We will probably also have cases of different "compatibility" versions eventually. Hopefully not though if the next update with mod support goes smoothly.Looks like they must be seperate....I am sure we will get used to it.

Oh, no, for that you should be able to edit your original and reupload and it will update the file.Consider it your mods home page. That is the page for your mod and will stay that way, the thread is just for discussion.

I know it sucks having to move the old stuff over to this, but it is better for a bunch of reasons. First, nobody has to worry about where the file is hosted. The old way of just posting up something was getting very cluttered and released mods had to compete with conversations for attention and it was hard to see what was going onAnd this way, people who go to download a mod don't have to swim through things to figure out where the posts are. 'If you like, I could always just get rid of the thread I am making on the forums and put a comment section on your mod page. And regarding the "Flavors" I would imagine you would just do them as separate mods.

[MENTION=10397]LeoMazzei[/MENTION]Open your old thread in a browser tab from here....http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forumdisplay.php?62-Legacy-ThreadsSelect the edit button for your thread, select in the text window, do a ctrl+a, then ctrl+c to copy all to clipboardIn a new browser tab, go to here....http://forums.kleientertainment.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2Select the "+Add New File" button near top of pageIn the new window, do a ctrl+v to paste your old thread text to the new oneChange the title to your old one or whatever you likeSet the author to yourselfAt the bottom, select the "browse button" in the upload section and select your mod's zip file from your computer.Finally, select the "Add File" button at the bottom when done.

• Like 1

[MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION], allChange is always a pain but this is a growing pain for the game so live and learn guys....It is a much cleaner and organized setup and safer for people to download from than all those terrible free download sites.

@JoeW, all

Change is always a pain but this is a growing pain for the game so live and learn guys....

It is a much cleaner and organized setup and safer for people to download from than all those terrible free download sites.

Ultimately it makes things easier for people to enjoy your mods. Which was the priority.

The next priority was to make things ultimately easier for the modders, we just have to get through this transition. It's not a big deal really, just different.

[MENTION=10397]LeoMazzei[/MENTION]

It should be ok, it is the same forum system. When you do the ctrl+a, ctrl+c you should get all of the html code and formatting so when you ctrl+v in the new thread message area to paste it in it will look the same.

Or do you mean that the new system does not give you a "preview" button? Yeah, that is a bit annoying having to edit, save, check, edit save, check. :(

EDIT:

Forgot to mention....make a "zip" version of your files...."rar" is not supported

If you need a zip program, use 7-zip (free, open source) from here:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

[MENTION=1]JoeW[/MENTION]

Is there a preview button you can enable on the download file add/edit window? thx

Edited by WrathOf