Sleep darts?

burfl

They're mostly pointless. The only use I ever got out of them was to put Gobblers to sleep for an easy kill. However, you can simply lure them with single berries instead, by control-clicking a single one out of your stack and plopping it on the ground, then going in for the kill as the Gobbler shuffles glassy-eyed towards the irresistible food.You can also use them to put Krampus to sleep, which was useful back when it was possible for him to make an unexpected appearance (read: before the various hotfixes that made him nigh-on impossible to summon).As of right now? Yeah, they don't do much of anything to the monsters that are a real threat. I'm sure they have some uses (put a Pig Friend whose loyalty time has run out to sleep so he can't execute Operation: HOME TIME!) but for the most part they're not worth the hassle of grinding out Feathers and Reeds for.

They stack to 10. Pan's flute is 100% better. Sleep darts should be remade to poison darts that do some dmg over time, having more than 1 item that puts enemies to sleep is pointless.Try to shoot 4 times to put one beefalo to sleep while rest of them kills you.

They stack to 10. Pan's flute is 100% better. Sleep darts should be remade to poison darts that do some dmg over time, having more than 1 item that puts enemies to sleep is pointless.Try to shoot 4 times to put one beefalo to sleep while rest of them kills you.

Sleep Darts stack to 10?Fire Darts stack up to 20, that I know, but I never got enough stings and crow feathers to test with sleep darts.

Sleep Darts stack to 10?Fire Darts stack up to 20, that I know, but I never got enough stings and crow feathers to test with sleep darts.

My mistake they stack to 20. Identical to fire darts, that's good for me cause they are so expensive so having both deal some dmg will be good, with pan's flute I can put to sleep everything around, and try to put one enemy to sleep while you have like 10 chasing you.

About making the sleep dart poison...Honestly I don't really see myself using them even then. If they did damage slowly over time they would still be useless against groups of enemies and if I'm only against one I'll just use hit and run tactics.

Edited by OdicHastings
correction

Now translate this to English.

Mkay I do my best.I dont know what you do, ----should be clear-------,but I use my *CRITICAL TRANSLATION ERROR* to follow me and win noobs like spiders.-------------------okay I dont get that part----------- -------could mean an NPC does the dirty work like killing for him, a pig mabye? or a smallish tallbird?-

Mkay I do my best.I dont know what you do, ----should be clear-------,but I use my *CRITICAL TRANSLATION ERROR* to follow me and win noobs like spiders.-------------------okay I dont get that part----------- -------could mean an NPC does the dirty work like killing for him, a pig mabye? or a smallish tallbird?-

It's:"I don't know what you do, but I use my mandrake friend to follow me and win noobs like spiders."

On the topic of darts, I remember making one "dart" would give you a stack of more than just one? Was that changed or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Well, I cant remember back whenever you got a stack of more than one dart for crafting "one". Currently you get just one per craft.

So 2x reeds + 1x Crowfeather + 1x Sting = 1x Sleeping Dart.

It's:

"I don't know what you do, but I use my mandrake friend to follow me and win noobs like spiders."

Ahh thx for decrypting that, I was close though.

Maybe poison is bad idea, but sleep darts are most useless item in the game. If we could pick up living birds and rabbits after putting them to sleep, but then again pan's flute is there. I think that sleep darts need rework to something better.

I am for normal darts, dealing damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Or what about halliucination darts? The mob stroke by it, will be attacked by night creatures.

or maybe you hit/shoot an animal and it attacks others of its own kind

i so want this now just to get a treeguard to chop down trees for me