Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

BigBearger

About the forge cheaters

Recommended Posts

BigBearger    18

GMT about 1:30a.m. 18th Nov.,my friend told me a network anchor confessed he cheated in the Forge.

I was amazed,'cause I knew the existence of macros which can make hit&run fast(not attack fast tween two aims)without any operation.

In fact,I knew the operation of quick atk tween two aims last year,I've thought the of script would come one day,but I was shocked when I knew the details.

A few minutes after I watched the operation of the anchor,I thought he's a noob. All members of his room passed the game with a lot of damage made by the script,it'can't be made by a normal man,even fast acting teens.

It's worse that they are proud in third on the ranking top team with their mean cheating skills.

I recorded one part of their process and went undercover for one copy of proof.

Here the record link: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583

and the undercover part: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av36306583/?p=2

I will translate and make subtitle if it's necessary.

I don't think it's fair for someone want to get the top rank,isn't it

 @JoeW @nome
 

111.png

222.png

333.gif

777.gif

888.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnWatson    3452
1 hour ago, BigBearger said:

GMT about 1:30a.m. 18th Nov.,my friend told me a network anchor confessed he cheated in the Forge.

what

1 hour ago, BigBearger said:

what is this website

why does it store videos in a flv container and why is the file size at 327 megabytes

image.png.815af4c4819e597668378025e95191c5.png

why did i download this

image.thumb.png.b35c74a9a1835910974110e4f67c69ea.png

i'm scared

edit: i couldn't use firefox to load the website, but chromium worked fine

looks like you can view the videos without downloading the entire 327 mb

image.png.da6af9d95a7d5da63927443f9f74e366.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemporaryMan    1495
4 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

what

what is this website

Chinese streaming site with annoyingly low-contrast layout.  Seriously, there's a reason cartoons have outlines, people.  It's easier on the eyes.

...huh, what?  Looks like there's more outlines and grey tones on the site now, rather than the "polar bear in a blizzard photographing pearls in milk juxtaposed with a photo-negative of a goth club during a power failure" aesthetic it had last year.  That's an improvement.  I figure an over-the-top description like that's gotta be the minespatch equivalent of saying Beetlejuice three times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zarklord    636

Don't be so naive as to think that the script/mod on the workshop is the only script that exists.
if you really think that the top teams didn't already have access to scripts, that's really stupid
I know of atleast 10 people(me included) that already have access to similar scripts. the only thing that changed when that mod on the workshop got released is that common people also got access to said scripts now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    1137

I really hope Klei won't start a tournament during this situation. Leader Boards are fine (I don't care about them) but giving them bragging-rights is wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    3309

i would love some sort of "anti cheat script" implanted all you'd need to do is clear the current leader board and install a dps tracker that would monitor the dps or weapons normal attacks (not specials for that would confuse it) if the program detects a unreachable dps that you cant get in vanilla it invalidates the match form leader boards (and mayhaps exp too) so only clean non-hacked matches can be allowed to pass!

also maybe look into the gorge matches i felt look some where a little TOO good to be true

seriously im real butt hurt about that tournament i kinda want a forge tournament to redeem myself but i feel like ill just feel more sucky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GCC.1st    28
2 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i would love some sort of "anti cheat script" implanted all you'd need to do is clear the current leader board and install a dps tracker that would monitor the dps or weapons normal attacks (not specials for that would confuse it) if the program detects a unreachable dps that you cant get in vanilla it invalidates the match form leader boards (and mayhaps exp too) so only clean non-hacked matches can be allowed to pass!

also maybe look into the gorge matches i

When you use fireballstaff's AOE skill, there could be 3000+ DPS, how you distinguish?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    3309
3 minutes ago, GCC.1st said:

When you use fireballstaff's AOE skill, there could be 3000+ DPS, how you distinguish?

if you read it said basic damage not specials

so only script kiddies will be effected

 

please state any problems so i dont get my hope up @JoeW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GCC.1st    28
1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

if you read it said basic damage not specials

so only script kiddies will be effected

 

OK, then Maxwell's passive ability (instantaneous 150 damage) and Wathgrithr's passive ability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    3309
Just now, GCC.1st said:

OK, then Maxwell's passive ability (instantaneous 150 damage) and Wathgrithr's passive ability?

i ment just attacks like the basic shooting specials like the shodows or webber spiders wont be counted for those are non client side

and of course the damage up armor will change the threshold for being disqualified and will revert when removed

also who is Wathgrithr?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fimmatek    4038
2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

i would love some sort of "anti cheat script" implanted all you'd need to do is clear the current leader board and install a dps tracker [...]

Honestly, I think it would make more sense to use the time and resources to improve the gameplay (whether survival, events or both) instead of implementing an anti-cheat measurement. Klei is just an indie dev team with limited capabilities, and a proper anti-cheat method would require a lot of work. And I bet that even if Klei did such a thing, there would be methods to avoid them with some sort of scripts. 

While I agree it would be nice to have a tournament and to compete with other teams, the Forge (and DST in general) is just not suitable enough for that, or making them suitable would require a lot of changes and work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TemporaryMan    1495
2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

also who is Wathgrithr?

Wigfrid.  In the game's code she's called Wathgrithr, exchanging the name of the Ring Cycle's hero for that of the lead Valkyrie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    3309
1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

Honestly, I think it would make more sense to use the time and resources to improve the gameplay (whether survival, events or both) instead of implementing an anti-cheat measurement. Klei is just an indie dev team with limited capabilities, and a proper anti-cheat method would require a lot of work. And I bet that even if Klei did such a thing, there would be methods to avoid them with some sort of scripts. 

While I agree it would be nice to have a tournament and to compete with other teams, the Forge (and DST in general) is just not suitable enough for that, or making them suitable would require a lot of changes and work.

what about counting amount of attacks or am i just having wishful thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gznc    22

Now animation cancelling is complicated for manual players because Klei sets the minimum of attack delay to a higher level but still faster than pressing F. So mods/scripts have more advantages over manual playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 Da LOLs    3309
32 minutes ago, gznc said:

Now animation cancelling is complicated for manual players because Klei sets the minimum of attack delay to a higher level but still faster than pressing F. So mods/scripts have more advantages over manual playing.

that shouldn't be the case

all people should be able to attack at the same rate

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites