Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

eKinho

Can't select ROG. game always start as regular DS

eKinho    4

when creating a new game. it starts as DS .

I selected wx 78 , ROG + SW . and set the game to start on autumn .

no mods enabled.

Game starts as regular DS. without deciduous forest and biome, with the big road connecting 2 pig villages. I think thats regular DS and not ROG as I enabled

Lotus Eater    0

I have the exact same issue. I get the paved road but no birchnut trees and no ROG items, like the brush.

Whenever I disable compatibility with Shipwrecked, Reign of Giants works fine.

fizzletto    0

I am also having the same issue. Selected Willow, default world. Selected RoG with SW compatibility switched on.

No Desert or Deciduous Forest biomes were generated. No birch nut trees to be found either. I played for 37 days before giving up on finding any and using the map reveal console command only to have my fears confirmed.

No Spring or Summer seasons either. After Winter was over, it went straight back to Autumn.

Interestingly I DO have Moleworms in my world, and I'm able to craft all of the RoG exclusive items (ice flingomatic, siesta lean-to, etc). 

bizziboi    1,769

When did you last try this? Asking because we assumed this was fixed late last week - I'd have to check when exactly.

ohaiyo    1
On 11/27/2018 at 11:16 PM, bizziboi said:

When did you last try this? Asking because we assumed this was fixed late last week - I'd have to check when exactly.

I'm still having this issue, I tried uninstall the game from steam and reinstall, nothing fixed. 

Sliverwyrm    2
14 hours ago, ohaiyo said:

I'm still having this issue, I tried uninstall the game from steam and reinstall, nothing fixed. 

same. i even went so far as trying to see if buying and installing hamlet would help. it didn't. i was going to buy it anyway. still can't start a new RoG that is compatible with SW

Akasi19    0

I also have such a problem, and if I do not unite the worlds, then I will not see the caves on the map PS, Sorry for the errors in the text, I know English poorly and wrote with a translator

I also have this issue, currently. If i select an old file that was started in ROG, when I click on it and the windows displays the save file info, it only shows it to be a Vanilla DS file, even though this is not the case.

FernandoBC    0

Same error, I as well tried to uninstall and install the game and then verifying the integrity of the files through Steam (the test results said everything was correctly verified) but I kept having the same problem when generating a new world, I tried disabling all the mods and generating the world without any success. I also tried uninstalling all the DLCs and then instaling them one by one but it also didn't work, the old world that I previously created (before Hamlet's expansion release) had the deciduous forest biome still generated and it seemed to work without any problem, I didn't fully test it out since I deleted all the worlds I had 'cause I thought maybe they were causing troubles because of the mods I use (none that actively influences the world generation other than the "Replace PigGuard Torches" mod for Hamlet). As for the other DLCs (Shipwrecked and Hamlet) as far I as have tested them they don't seem to share any world generation problems if any at all that I have encountered

Angy    0

Also realized this was my case after looking for birchnut trees everywhere. Only way to make it work again was to unistall the shipwrecked DLC in steam

bizziboi    1,769

It seems this was fixed and then got broken again, apologies - I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Pina    0
14 hours ago, bizziboi said:

It seems this was fixed and then got broken again, apologies - I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Nice! Thanks man

SpoonyBardIV    697

Another bug I noticed is that the seasons are the wrong colors. Autumn has a green hue, winter isn't as blue as usual, etc. Will that be fixed as well?

decaymehls    0

Had the same problem and it seemed to fixed itself.
What happend: (i'm using mods included is Combined Status so i can see the seasons)

1. Generated a World with ROG + Hamlet.
2. Noticed that i had only 2 seasons showing up in the clock.
3. Found this thread, continued playing the world and waited for the fix.

4. I visited the second layer of the caves (where the ruins are).
5. When i left the caves, i noticed that my seasons clock is now showing 4 segments as uasal when playing with ROG.

I'm not sure if the seasons are now present or if only the season clock is now bugged aswell.

But also in the second winter (before i visited the second layer of the caves) a deerclops spawned but not in the first winter and also all crafting recipes are present.
Maybe i only missed an update where a fix was included, but i never experienced that this would change an existing world.

I'm now considering the first two years as a warmup time :D

bizziboi    1,769
36 minutes ago, Pina said:

Any fix yet?

This should be fixed with yesterday's update.