Cheating Forge

Tendarone

I played normally, made myself without scripts to boarrior leaderboard. Then I realized chineses used script (I already knew it was common from Forge 1.0) but when I saw the timers on Rhino was like "are they joking?", finally some sweet chinese player betrayed other chinese and made that script out on workshop. Why I should no sleep and keep trying when someone just press a button and afk pr0n .¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If we go back to normal plays for sure I'll be in. GL bois and happy forging.

2 hours ago, PanAzej said:

This exploit can be easily fixed

Yet, IF Klei don't check the resource completeness and forbid the client-side mod during the events, The exploit won't be fixed easily. All the local file can be edited and through the mod is just not a wise approach. 

2 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

the author of Cheating Forge needs to have his existence revoked for tainting the sanctity of the forge leaderboard

because of cheaters, these vile shameless beings, the leaderboard has been cruelly violated and stripped of all the worth it once had

I am the author.

Have a rest, please. I am just an lv 20- player and I hate to play this thing repeatedly.

Top players on the leaderboard have much more powerful technologies which terrify me when I see their live.

6 minutes ago, gznc said:

I am the author.

Have a rest, please. I am just an lv 20- player and I hate to play this thing repeatedly.

Top players on the leaderboard have much more powerful technologies which terrify me when I see their live.

This was probably lost in translation, but I think they were just being hyperbolic and sarcastic :p

他们语言夸张是在捉弄着你与真心认为这件事真的那样夸张的人, 别放在心上ww

47 minutes ago, CrazyMoeMew said:

Yet, IF Klei don't check the resource completeness and forbid the client-side mod during the events, The exploit won't be fixed easily. All the local file can be edited and through the mod is just not a wise approach. 

Of course, you could try forbidding using all modifications, but it would still technically be possible to 'cheat' unless there would be an anti-cheat system running alongside the game and... Well, what's really the point? Is it worth going that far, just because of some dumb 'high score' for which you don't really get anything worthwhile? Meh.

You can't really edit the serverside data, you can only modify the data you're sending to the server as a client. So, this rapid-fire exploit could be fixed pretty easily. Doesn't matter if you send scripted instructions, if the game ignores all input while the shooting animation is playing.

4 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

the author of Cheating Forge needs to have his existence revoked for tainting the sanctity of the forge leaderboard

because of cheaters, these vile shameless beings, the leaderboard has been cruelly violated and stripped of all the worth it once had

was there said worth even once?

9 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Honestly, the faster attack speed has been known since the last Forge event. If it was such a problem Klei would have patched the animation canceling and cleared the leaderboards already. And it's not doing anything that can't be done manually. So it's more of an accessibility feature more so then actual cheating.

Yeah i mean it takes skill to do it manually... and all this does is let people with no skill do it just like the people with skill.... so ya know... it's not cheating or anything, just makes it easier to be perfect...... /s

13 hours ago, gznc said:

I am "Cheating Forge" author.

Banning my mod is useless.

One day ultra-rapid fire still alive, mods, scripts, macros which runs it will still pollute the game.

I am mostly fine with so called "ultra-rapid fire" tech, or any scripts/mods which make this tech easier to execute. However, while you consider them to be some bad thing like pollution, yet still purposely spread them with you own mod... Rather strange logic here, I have to say.

• Developer

if it was cheating, klei would prevent anim canceling, rather than complaining, everyone should get the mod which negates any script ever existing(cause if everyone has the same advantage, no one has any advantages).

EDIT: frankly, you guys should be happy since most(if not all) the top teams were using private scripts anyway, so this just allows the playing field to be leveled.

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Here, let me make a comparison to the base game. Would you consider a seasonal clock to be cheating?

Comparing Forge to survival is pointless. The two game modes are completely different. Forge is an event with leaderboards. Forge is an event where you get skin items in chests for wins/experience. Survival isn't like that, no leaderboards and drops are limited.

People are acting like it's an instant win button. I very much doubt leaderboard ranks would shift much if these mods/scripts got banned.

Most speedrunners already know how to anim cancel well without them, and ultimately strategy and execution are the defining factor. Otherwise the top 30 would all have the same time.

It might make the difference between 1st and 2nd but those ranks are very likely both using scripts anyway.

I play only for daily experience and the quests, always for fun with friends. I do not care if people use mods or not.

However some people do aim to reach a place in the leaderboard. (Maybe there will be a reward just like in the Gorge tournament.)

While scripts like this can be fun, there is certain no chance to reach a leaderboard rank without them. Even if you are skilled enough, those auto-spam attacks will always be faster. This gives players not using the scripts a disadvantage in the time, which you obviously need to rank.

Some people get upset and cry, while other do not care. In the end, this is still a mod which is allowed I guess? Last Forge it was used and during the Gorge you also had scripts which let you plant items automaticly, walk to places automaticly, harvest etc. I think Klei was okay with it since I didn't see any statement from their side yet.

In the end, it all comes down to who used the mods and who didn't. Even if you are skilled, you wont end up in the rankings without mods/"help".

Does the Klei team has a statement on assist/mods during events? @ScottHansen @nome @JoeW

33 minutes ago, Xehanightmare said:

Comparing Forge to survival is pointless. The two game modes are completely different. Forge is an event with leaderboards. Forge is an event where you get skin items in chests for wins/experience. Survival isn't like that, no leaderboards and drops are limited.

You still seem to be completely missing the point I'm trying to make.

52 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You still seem to be completely missing the point I'm trying to make.

Your "point" is a rather weak one. You're trying to make the argument that these scripts don't do anything you can't do yourself, but that's just blatantly wrong. Just look at the examples here. Are you seriously going to tell me that you can do this with nothing but mouse clicks?

48 minutes ago, Xehanightmare said:

Your "point" is a rather weak one. You're trying to make the argument that these scripts don't do anything you can't do yourself, but that's just blatantly wrong. Just look at the examples here. Are you seriously going to tell me that you can do this with nothing but mouse clicks?

Not so fast i think, can go under 12 min in normal way, i understand it's kill the ranking. I just try this "famous" mod once to see how it's work but they no pleasure to play the game, just need to put your character on the right place and waiting.

I prefer to be proud of my 3 players run killing rhino by myself

1 hour ago, Day One Webber said:

It's amazing how people can go from "people with mods need to learn how to play" to "well it's not hurting anyone else".

I thought we were better than this.

If only...

I dont mind the animation cancel trick, especially if people can do it manually, as manually at least takes a little bit of reaction skill.

But resorting to using tools to do it for you, feels like it takes any skill out of it. :s

13 hours ago, adaxe said:

I am mostly fine with so called "ultra-rapid fire" tech, or any scripts/mods which make this tech easier to execute. However, while you consider them to be some bad thing like pollution, yet still purposely spread them with you own mod... Rather strange logic here, I have to say.

I must spread this mod. Because Klei seems not able to fix the ultra-rapid fire.

Before I release the mod, there are already many people using their tech playing the game.

So I spread the mod to let more players participating to "pollute" the game.

Ideally, when all players access the ultra-rapid fire, meaning the game entirely "polluted", they will go into a new balance.

In this balance, players have no difference between firing, but strategy and cooperation playing the more important role in the game.

This is the logic.

Edit: Some people hate this mod because they have advantages via tech before rather than unbalancing the mod brings.

3 hours ago, Day One Webber said:

It's amazing how people can go from "people with mods need to learn how to play" to "well it's not hurting anyone else".

I thought we were better than this.

server side mods =\= client side mods

if this division was not clear for you

1 hour ago, brbrmensch said:

server side mods =\= client side mods

if this division was not clear for you

It still affects how well you can play regardless.

I know the common argument here is that if people can already do it, then there's no problem, but ask yourselves this: if there was a mod that revealed the entire map with one button, would it be okay to use it if you're a skilled player?

• Developer
7 hours ago, Day One Webber said:

It still affects how well you can play regardless.

I know the common argument here is that if people can already do it, then there's no problem, but ask yourselves this: if there was a mod that revealed the entire map with one button, would it be okay to use it if you're a skilled player?

you can make client mods that do basically that, minus showing where entities are. but this still allows you to easily find the oasis pig king ect.

On 19/11/2018 at 7:28 AM, CrazyMoeMew said:

the Forge is Async architecture. all the logic is just Send some RPC to the server. SO there is not way to avoid this 'cheating' unless Klei apply a more strict server-side check.

Not so easy, bot can do the job by acting with your mouse and keyboard making possible to control the 6 character and playing a perfect game easily.

Avoid bot is like avoiding to be sick

• Developer
59 minutes ago, Flydo said:

Not so easy, bot can do the job by acting with your mouse and keyboard making possible to control the 6 character and playing a perfect game easily.

Avoid bot is like avoiding to be sick

i dont think you quite understand, the mouse and keyboard vs these "scripts" the game cant tell the difference, only the speed at which they are sent

12 hours ago, gznc said:

I must spread this mod. Because Klei seems not able to fix the ultra-rapid fire.

Before I release the mod, there are already many people using their tech playing the game.

So I spread the mod to let more players participating to "pollute" the game.

Ideally, when all players access the ultra-rapid fire, meaning the game entirely "polluted", they will go into a new balance.

In this balance, players have no difference between firing, but strategy and cooperation playing the more important role in the game.

This is the logic.

Edit: Some people hate this mod because they have advantages via tech before rather than unbalancing the mod brings.

Quite pathetic reason. It is simply like cut a whole leg for a infected toe.

Archived