Ajosen    232

I have had this problem ever since I got a gaming laptop. The issue is that in game there will be a noticeable stutter every 3 seconds where the game freezes slightly. Fps will be at 58 and basically stay there and wont go past 60. This was never a problem on my desktop which has an older graphics card. The problem also exists on don't starve together. 

I have searched for such a long time for a solution to this issue. I've tried forcing vsync off and tripple buffering on using nvidia profile inspector. And it still persists. I have changed power options to best performance, and it still persists. I have updated all of my drivers, and it still persists. I really want to understand why my laptop which is a decent gaming laptop, struggles to run this game. 

My specs are: 

Processor: i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 

RAM: 12 GB

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

This computer performs very well with basically every other game on good settings. Don't starve and Don't starve together are the only games that have had this issue. This is really irritating because dont starve runs well on older desktops with statistically poorer specs ( my last graphics card was a GTX 970 and i never EVER had an issue with fps or stuttering) and because this is one of my favourite games and playing it on my laptop is ruined by the constant stuttering. 

I would really appreciate some help with this. I've seen multiple people come to this forum seeking similar help and after a few questions with no success, the issue is left unresolved. 

Edited by Ajosen

bizziboi    431

Hamlet is still in early access, optimization is being looked at, but I could use some help investigating it.

Could you please upload a performance report as outlined in the following post?

Thanks!

Ajosen    232
On 11/19/2018 at 10:31 PM, bizziboi said:

Hamlet is still in early access, optimization is being looked at, but I could use some help investigating it.

Could you please upload a performance report as outlined in the following post?

Thanks!

Hey there, thank you for your response, sorry for not getting back for a while. Give me a day or two to give you my performance report, currently unable to play don't starve. Thank you again.

• Thanks 1