How to share inventory items with other players on don't starve together in local co-op ps4

I cannot find any info on this online but can someone please tell me how I can share inventory items like food with another player offline in local co-op on the ps4. Say if I have 20 berries and want to share 10 with someone how can i do that? Please help me lol. Thanks in advance

You can either walk up to them and press left or right on the D-pad to "Give" or "Feed" them. You can always drop the Item with down on the D-pad so they can pick it up. It you want to select just 10 berries and drop those, you can hit R2, highlight the berries, hit square to split the stack of 20 and move that stack to another item slot. Then drop said berries or "Give" them. 

If the player is offline he's inventory is inaccessible for other players so it is not possible. Why would you like to do that anyway? While offline your hunger or sanity does not drain, it stays "hibernated". Unless you want your berries to also be hibernated (not spoil) with him if that's what you mean, in that case get yourself the bundling wrap.

Archived