For Those Who Say Hamlet Is Too Easy

3 hours ago, gghhrr said:

They should add arresting stuff here,

the shopkeeper has the chance to wake up and find you stealing his stuff, shouting and the guards will start chasing after you.

the pig guard directly arrest you once at least two of guards touching you. 

You got to be jailed for few days.

the purpose of this punishment is for wasting your time to get ready for 4th season

3 hours ago, gghhrr said:

I mean, just skip the days being jails, two guards shouldn't be that easy to kite since you are in shop, they just keep getting closer to you.(Not running away after landing a hit on you), and you may also possibly get escaped sometimes if you're skilled(probably with masked hat or stalk staff will do).

I do like this idea. Time is priceless. And plus 'random patrol squads come in the shop' after you succeed your first theft.

12 minutes ago, Zinglon said:

I do like this idea. Time is priceless. And plus 'random patrol squads come in the shop' after you succeed your first theft.

Maybe also just have the game kick you out of stores during the night, that way people can't exploit the loophole in the thieving system.

The aporkalypse doesn't happen naturally as of right now but there is a way to force it through cheating.

Make a test world, spawn the aporkalypse clock with the spawn command and use the two pressure plates that come with the clock to trigger the event.

20 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

The aporkalypse doesn't happen naturally as of right now but there is a way to force it through cheating.

Make a test world, spawn the aporkalypse clock with the spawn command and use the two pressure plates that come with the clock to trigger the event.

Presumably you have done this, if so, what’s in the event?

11 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

nazare.jpg

Or I dunno... 

for x=1, 60 do MakeClock():GetNextDay() end

2 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Maybe also just have the game kick you out of stores during the night, that way people can't exploit the loophole in the thieving system.

I was surprised they didn't.  

42 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Or I dunno... 

for x=1, 60 do MakeClock():GetNextDay() end

As of right now it is exclusively tied to the aporkalypse clock prefab.

52 minutes ago, Drewey09 said:

Presumably you have done this, if so, what’s in the event?

It's perma night but it's perma full moon too. Meaning no light is needed. The only thing that impact here is shops being closed 24/7 due to perma night.

Every worker mants become warrior mants with warpaint. This just mean that farming honey with nectar or going after the queen is not recommended. Still doable though.

The iron hulks are perma activated, just be wary of were they are and there's no problems here.

As for the daily bat attack that people are praising about I have never seen it happen during my testing

23 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

It's perma night but it's perma full moon too. Meaning no light is needed. The only thing that impact here is shops being closed 24/7 due to perma night.

Every worker mants become warrior mants with warpaint. This just mean that farming honey with nectar or going after the queen is not recommended. Still doable though.

The iron hulks are perma activated, just be wary of were they are and there's no problems here.

As for the daily bat attack that people are praising about I have never seen it happen during my testing

I hope it will have some menacing boss too.

Plus, when you pick up the bat skin it says "Pig skin?" which made me really expect pigs turn into bat creatures or something. The sculptures on the city hall were another hint towards that.

48 minutes ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

How do you even spawn the clock?

As of the most recent update, the prefab got removed. Or dummied out.

This mean the aporkalypse is undergoing through major changes right now and there is a big possibility it will turn out entirely different than it is as of right now.

6 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

This mean the aporkalypse is undergoing through major changes right now and there is a big possibility it will turn out entirely different than it is as of right now.

Devs be like:

"We proclaimed Hamlet the hardest DLC and yet those suckers on the forums said it was so easy. Too easy, they said!

Too. Easy?!

The audacity!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, are we going to allow it?

No. No we are not."

1 hour ago, Atsumame said:

I'm glad you ignored my completely dyslexic console command. :wilson_ecstatic:

42 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

I hope it will have some menacing boss too.

Plus, when you pick up the bat skin it says "Pig skin?" which made me really expect pigs turn into bat creatures or something. The sculptures on the city hall were another hint towards that.

Ancient Herald?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd0ca3d3f6e15bae6194d5e8a383a940.pngimage.thumb.png.4d982186ae935daa33c7a0c7e5d0f492.png

Dude's not really even fully completed yet, but there's some interesting stuff to be sure. It has a constant entourage of 2 terrorbeaks and 2 crawlers. Nope, it just spawns whatever type of shadow creature it wants, and spawns more whenever it feels like it.

Spoiler

inb4 the Edgy Ricks of this forums scoff. Just shut up and go find a way to Wes solo kill misery toadstool, no healing items, with only your fists, and take no damage. While blindfolded. With your nipples.

tiredsipp.png.ed7908acc3c9e54a0f3c9efeaed0acbc.png.252cdde68ed06e302a5f69e2f602daf5.png

Translation: Get off my lawn.

479348158187569163.png?v=1

22 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

Uh...

GetSeasonManager():StartAporkalypse()
Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4142d0eabe20cc8e6fd12dfd22e8b382.pngimage.thumb.png.379f474415ddc89f8b70d0a35618e838.png

9 minutes ago, Ellilea said:

Devs be like:

"We proclaimed Hamlet the hardest DLC and yet those suckers on the forums said it was so easy. Too easy, they said!

Too. Easy?!

The audacity!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, are we going to allow it?

No. No we are not."

They said it was too easy eh?

*Tweaks Game to Harder than Dark Souls Difficulty*

image.png

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

I'm glad you ignored my completely dyslexic console command. :wilson_ecstatic:

Ancient Herald?

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.fd0ca3d3f6e15bae6194d5e8a383a940.pngimage.thumb.png.4d982186ae935daa33c7a0c7e5d0f492.png

Dude's not really even fully completed yet, but there's some interesting stuff to be sure. It has a constant entourage of 2 terrorbeaks and 2 crawlers. Nope, it just spawns whatever type of shadow creature it wants, and spawns more whenever it feels like it.

Reveal hidden contents

inb4 the Edgy Ricks of this forums scoff. Just shut up and go find a way to Wes solo kill misery toadstool, no healing items, with only your fists, and take no damage. While blindfolded. With your nipples.

tiredsipp.png.ed7908acc3c9e54a0f3c9efeaed0acbc.png.252cdde68ed06e302a5f69e2f602daf5.png

Translation: Get off my lawn.

479348158187569163.png?v=1

Uh...

GetSeasonManager():StartAporkalypse()
  Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4142d0eabe20cc8e6fd12dfd22e8b382.pngimage.thumb.png.379f474415ddc89f8b70d0a35618e838.png

They said it was too easy eh?

*Tweaks Game to Harder than Dark Souls Difficulty*

image.png

Enjoy your precious Webber while you can... Set one foot in the pig town and it’s a spider holocaust...

15 hours ago, Atsumame said:

I really hope there no bat attack but replaced with something else... Because this seems REALLY EASY. Like, dealing with this is easier than dealing with the other 2 seasons... Who cares about shop not being opened... I only use them because im lazy. Mants don't affect us in any way unless you go to them (see the same problem with rabid beetles) and same applies to iron hulk. Also, I don't use any mods that give me an advantage, but the minimap mod show them moving around lol.

A boss isnt enough to be scary. Constant darkness would have been awesome personally. Especially with an easy to make Light hat.

I prefer no constant darkness, tbh, because with just the hat to lighten the surroundings it'd be difficult to see and appreciate all the Aporkalypse has to bring. I'd much prefer other, chaos-inducing stuff like:

- dry lightning storms

- strange things emerging from the ground (like tentacles, for instance, just aporkalyptic)

- sudden strong wind gusts

- braziers in the jungle alight and summoning shadow creatures

- statues (and chiselable relics) coming to life - perhaps dropping some nice loot if player didn't destroy them before and encouraging Apo jungle forays?

Stuff like that in addition to a possibly roaming boss, live iron hulks, random bats spawning over the world, jungle getting even nastier etc could really make it feel like Aporkalypse. Though there's still the Pork factor lacking. Vampire bat pigs pls :D

I think the big point of the season should be the ability to acquire some valuable stuff that cannot be gotten otherwise and hence encouraging exploration of the Aporkalyptic world. Maybe some cool weapon or a piece of clothing that would pay off when facing off against bosses? And a recipe for a big porg-proof chest? :D

2 minutes ago, GuacBoy said:

when hes a dangling depth dweller of course :shock:

okay, but the screenshot is on the ground, not underground.  I don't recall him being white at night, but maybe I'm just forgetting.  

10 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

[Censored For Safety]

SHH!! Don't let the Klei gods catch wind of this!

11 hours ago, ucw said:

when is webber white?

When he's a snowman.

11 hours ago, ucw said:

okay, but the screenshot is on the ground, not underground.  I don't recall him being white at night, but maybe I'm just forgetting.  

You're forgetting.

13 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

[snip]

Fine, then find a way to challenge yourself. Play the game. Blindfolded. WITH YOUR NIPPLES.

Spoiler

Yes this is my go-to response for whenever someone says something is too easy.

Also!

>complains about game being too easy because you can steal everything

>someone suggests removing exploit that makes stealing everything easy

>says nobody cares because only lazy people use the stealing exploit

13 hours ago, Yokoblue said:

I really hope there no bat attack but replaced with something else...

NOW DROP TO YOUR KNEES AND FIGHT 60 BATS!! NO YOU CANNOT GET MORE THAN 0.5 FRAMES PER SECOND!!! AND YOU WILL FIGHT THESE BATS EVERY DAY SAMMIT!!

Archived