Hi @Saturnus, I just checked it.  The build you showed deletes steam. I started with 460 kg of steam, and the total just keeps on dropping (it's at 418 here, but 30 seconds later in my game it's down to 390kg). I was hoping the code had changed some from my last tests, but it hasn't.  To the best of my knowledge, if anything is locked in place and blocking any one of the top 5 tiles, that's what causes steam to be deleted. That's why hydrogen/oxygen, without 1 tile above the turbine, causes steam deletion. You can layer 10kg of crude, followed by 10kg of naptha on the first two layers above the turbine, and the steam deletion occurs at the same rate. However, if you delete the petro and visco-gel (allowing steam to occupy the third level up), and then use a door pump to push the steam down, there is zero steam deletion - just checked.  Most of us currently use oxygen or hydrogen for the gas conflict in our turbines, but a layer of carbon dioxide on top of crude oil does the exact same thing, with the gas fighting from underneath. This option is more dangerous, as one tiny bit of CO2 leaking out over the ledge and to the bottom would block a port (fixable, but still dangerous), and it takes one more tile of width to let the steam back down. I don't see any reason to swap to CO2 conflicts, but they do work (haven't seen one before in the forums). The second you do anything that causes gas or liquid to get trapped on that top layer of the turbine, you start loosing steam.  For example, if you block just 1 of the 5 tiles above the turbine (using an oxygen/hydrogen trick), then when one bit of gas ends up underneath this tile, it gets stuck and can't be forced away - steam gets deleted. Hence you need all 5 tiles above the turbine open. Here's another version that traps CO2 on that top layer, and steam disappears.  Similar mechanics seem to be at play with natural vents and geyers (maybe volcanos too).  There are specific spots where stuff gets emitted, but if you block those specific ports with something that cannot be moved (because of 1 element per tile rules), then odd things happen. You can force something to overproduce, or underproduce.