Possible to recover a dead world?

DrWorm

So one my first run I made it to approximately day twenty.  I tried fighting a whale, but as I'm not very experienced at water combat, I died.  As a life-long DST fan, I assumed that I would turn into a ghost and have to find a way to res myself.  Wrong!  My death was final and my world was destroyed.  I'm pretty pissed that all my work is gone just because of one over-weight blubber sack.  Is there any way that I could possible get that deleted world back?  

No, you cannot. The only way to prevent world deaths is to have an extra life already prepared in advance, whether that be activating a Touchstone, building a Meat Effigy, or wearing a Life Amulet/Jacket at the time of death. Befriended Ballphins also have a high chance of rescuing you from drowning (80%).

DST is balanced completely differently, because of the need for a way to resurrect low-skill players in small games of friends. By extension, Meat Effigies, Life Amulets, and Touch Stones were all massively buffed, and the Player-Ghost mechanic was created.

Sorry to hear about your lost world, though. Hopefully you won't let it rattle you too much. Twenty-day world deaths are a dime a dozen once you've experienced the despair of hundred-day world deaths! :D

On 11/13/2018 at 3:30 PM, DrWorm said:

Ah, thanks for the answer.  I'll probably spawn in a touchstone or two while I'm still getting the hang of the DLC so I can experience an entire year w/o dying.  

If you're not allergic to mods there are ones that allow you to keep your games.

On water combat with bosses (do tiger shark on land only) use 800 hp boat and a cutlass.    I use same boat during volcano so it can take two hits of 300 before I have to ditch to shore.   Currently I just use base near volcano and feed it tribute so no more eruptions :).

The touch stones are a cool save to have. I've learned through trial and error to always leave some resources near the touchstones though. Being brought back doesn't help much if you cant craft or build anything to continue on with the game so I try and remember to leave at least a pick ax and regular ax there.

Archived