Sale of Skins for consoles

Anyone have any news about when Klei plans to bring the sale of Skins to the consoles? I saw several people asking in the posts but they did not say anything about it! It's annoying and frustrating to depend only on the luck of the weekly drops, many players end up without the skin they want because they do not have the option to buy and pay for it!

Screenshot_20181112-054309~01.png

35 minutes ago, Mano Til said:

With such difficulty existing, maybe it was a mistake to create Dont Starve Together for Ps4. After more than 1,000 hours played, I feel it was a mistake to start all this. I've been playing a beta for 2 years.

In fact, Mano, I think they should not care much about this market range, because if they cared they would say at least something, they would not leave the customers so loose ... and I also have the same feeling, I would rather not have known and me passionate about the game ... we are not charging that something is done in fact, but that they pronounce themselves! If the answer is no, just say, if it is not confirmed at least say that they are trying :wilsondisapproving:

With research and time i found out that Klei has the same patern for alot of project they have ! Take for example Griftland, a PC game from Klei. There playerbase are outraged because of the silence they are given on the updates.

Klei give answers only if they have them. I imagine that if they dont deny everything about skin sale on console, its because its still a possibility. I know it sucks real hard, but there's nothing we can really do but wait and hope for the best. 

14 hours ago, JoeW said:

It takes us a while to get through the approval process, but they are on their way and should be coming soon. 

This is goooood :). It's nice to see some progress from time to time :). Maybe you guys (the Devs) don't take it seriously, but we REALLY appreciate something like that.

14 hours ago, JoeW said:

It takes us a while to get through the approval process, but they are on their way and should be coming soon. 

This is goooood :). It's nice to see some progress from time to time :). Maybe you guys (the Devs) don't take it seriously, but we REALLY appreciate something like that.

8 hours ago, Marco Livio said:

curious to know if they will sell the same packages is in the steam, or will sell the reels :wilson_lightbulb:

Honestly i hope both, there is no harm in covering all angles. Some might only want a couple skins from an event and lack the spools, others may want everything and there is nothing wrong about either-or.

2 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Hell yeah. I definitely wouldn’t have gotten the new Halloween skins. I have a total of 0(just counting the elegants). 

I've got a pair of shoes and a couple wallpapers/portraits nothing to write home about. I think i only got 2 chests from 8 drops so far, i am not liking my rng at the moment.

3 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Hell yeah. I definitely wouldn’t have gotten the new Halloween skins. I have a total of 0(just counting the elegants). 

I've only got one stinky ol' Willow head skin. Bleh. I can't wait to buy every skin available from here on out! No more stress of getting time in when I'm busy with real stuff. Thanks for getting this to us Klei!

5 hours ago, MrHenry04 said:

Don't worry Marco, I am sure they will implement skins buying option soon, anything that might help them to get more money out of the game is their priority. Nobody is working for free :)

yes, I also believe that .... but they take too long in everything that refers to us! so the player base does not increase ... I actively participate in various communities in Brazil and I help to spread and get new players ... but it's getting more and more difficult for me to remain firm in the game :wilson_incredulous:

1 minute ago, Theif005 said:

Will the mad scientist lab be forever or its only on the hallowed nights event???

The option to craft the mad scientist lab is only available during the event, but already placed labs will be there after the event (I don't know what's happening with pre crafted labs).

45 minutes ago, NorthicaN said:

I was lucky i got in ps4 a halloween pumpkin torch from present

luck! congratulations! The event is active for two weeks and I only received normal Skins, I think that from asking here they must have changed my code .... too sad :wilson_cry:

It is just luck, first Halloween i got NOTHING while everyone around me got catcoon caps, chester suits, etc... Second one i only got Wicker voltgoat head and this one... Nothing so far. 

But i got a beefalo backpack today, though! :)

(first backpack skin i have gotten and i have been playing since day 1 LOL!) 

IMG-20181117-WA0024.jpeg

This is a little off topic but related. I couldn't find any other post that covered this issue so I'm posting it here.

I have been watching twitch to get rewards. I would guess that I have watched for more than 6 hours. I received a few (four rewards I think) various rewards including most recently the birdcage profile icon (the amazing side show icon) and also the feather hat profile icon (icon of the equestrienne headdress). These items can be selected and used as a avatar or player icon etc. The feather hat reward gave me both the player icon and also the skin in the belongings section, meaning that if I craft a feather hat in game I have the option to craft the new skin version. However I did NOT get the birdcage skin, only the profile icon.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if this is an error or glitch. It seem strange and highly unlikely that I would get a skin for one twitch reward but not the other one.

1 hour ago, BIG_iron2 said:

This is a little off topic but related. I couldn't find any other post that covered this issue so I'm posting it here.

I have been watching twitch to get rewards. I would guess that I have watched for more than 6 hours. I received a few (four rewards I think) various rewards including most recently the birdcage profile icon (the amazing side show icon) and also the feather hat profile icon (icon of the equestrienne headdress). These items can be selected and used as a avatar or player icon etc. The feather hat reward gave me both the player icon and also the skin in the belongings section, meaning that if I craft a feather hat in game I have the option to craft the new skin version. However I did NOT get the birdcage skin, only the profile icon.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure if this is an error or glitch. It seem strange and highly unlikely that I would get a skin for one twitch reward but not the other one.

the time to reveal the drops are:

30 minutes for the profile icon

2 hours for the picture frame

6 hours for the skin of the item ...

You may have watched until you get to the picture frame and have not watched enough for the item, if you are sure that you have watched, put on the topic of the twitch skins, check also in the twitch notifications that will show you how many Skins Twitch herself has counted.

4 hours ago, Marco Livio said:

the time to reveal the drops are:

30 minutes for the profile icon

2 hours for the picture frame

6 hours for the skin of the item ...

You may have watched until you get to the picture frame and have not watched enough for the item, if you are sure that you have watched, put on the topic of the twitch skins, check also in the twitch notifications that will show you how many Skins Twitch herself has counted.

Yeah I basically know this already. No one seems to be able to properly answer my question.

I have actually figured it out by watching a video on YouTube by razinghel about the twitch drops. I had previously watched the video but not remembered it. I'll post my findings here in case any other players are curious or have the same issue or more accurately misunderstanding of how twitch drops work.

Twitch drops have 4 separate campaigns that run for a 2 week period. Each campaign offers different drops that can be obtained by watching DST twitch linked accounts during that campaign. Once that campaign is over any drops that u didn't get bc u didn't watch twitch streams for the required time period can no longer be obtained. Any continued twitch viewing will no longer count to unlock or give rewards for a previous campaign that has ended, the current viewing will only count towards the current campaign.

So I probably as an estimate only watched 2 or 3 hours for the first campaign and therefore only got the bird cage portrait player icon and not the birdcage skin which required 6 hours of viewing during that campaign. Over the next month or so I probably watched over 10 hours of twitch and finally got all rewards for the final campaign being the feather hat profile portrait and reskin. 

Archived