Sign in to follow this  
burfl

Turkey?

burfl    13

What's the trick to kill this guy? I'm sure it's not that tricky, but I'm tired of chasing him around and failing to corner him. He looks delicious.

Equil    13

Drop berries on the ground near him. Then proceed to walk up and wail on him.EDIT:You can use ctrl+left click to drop single items from a stack. Handy for killing those I found.

rodrigo4sb    19

Yeah, you just need to drop some berries (can be just 1) kinda near. He will be hypnotized by it and then you can run in front of him and kill. (Tooth traps works great too).

#plsdontnerf

burfl    13

Ouch. I think they've "balanced" food since I last played. I remember when I could eat 2 or 3 cooked morsels and be stuffed. This is actually challenging now, haha.

Equil    13

Ouch. I think they've "balanced" food since I last played. I remember when I could eat 2 or 3 cooked morsels and be stuffed. This is actually challenging now, haha.

Wait till you try out Wes :) (If you haven't already)

helointernet    30

I haven't. Is he the "hard mode"?

25% less stats, including damage dealt. I dunno if its just that he has lower hunger, but the one world I played him in I felt like maybe his hunger drains faster too.

Equil    13

Well he doesn't talk, so he'll never tell you when he's hungry. So if you're not checking your hunger meter often you can be in a bit of a pinch.

stormfront    26

pan flute,sleep dart, or tooth trap(s) are all effectivepan flute is under magic puts all mobs on screen to sleep (mutiable uses) costs 10 reed one ropesleep dart under battle tab costs 1 crow feather one stinger 2 reed (one use unless you miss)tooth trap under battle costs logs rope hounds tooth (muti-use)

Edited by stormfront

burfl    13

I got him guys, thanks. The berries are perfectly effective. Just like attacking rabbits with nothing but an axe, you need only know what direction he'll go ;)

Sliver    44

25% less stats, including damage dealt. I dunno if its just that he has lower hunger, but the one world I played him in I felt like maybe his hunger drains faster too.

Took a look at Wes' file. Here's what he has:75% Health75% Hunger75% Damage125% Hunger Rate75% Sanity

Akanin    10

Nice thread :).Effed turkey went around eating all the berry bushes at day 1 and I ended up starving... x.xDoesn't help that I'm a newbie too :PEdit: I hope the berry dropping method has not been "balanced" out in recent updates as well. I did not have a chance to try yet.

Verienkeli    10

Or you could poison the turkey by putting 3 red mushrooms instead of wasting any berries.That will kill him with no effort on your part.

Interesting, I'll have to try that. :)