Sign in to follow this  
Excess

I can't drop pine cones

Kevin    3719
I noticed this too ):Wonder if this is on purpose or just a bug?

Both! It was an oversight on my part. I'll have a fix for you at the end of the day.

Kevin    3719
Sounds good! We wont have to start a new map or anything will we?

Nope, it should just work for you now. You can drop deployable (cones and dug-up bushes, etc) by holding down CTRL and left clicking.

We'll figure out something more elegant and obvious before actual release.

Starving    10

Dropping with [ctrl-click] is working. However I still prefer the [right-click] = [drop held item]. Even the change to [right-click] = [return held item to belt] was somewhat annoying.

I don't as a rule build chests until I get a lot of piles laying around. This means I drop things around my camp nearly as often as I pick things up. I gather a bunch of things, go back to camp, drop them, then go get some more.

It seems to me the most common functions for the mouse would be (in order)

Pick Up Item

Use Item (chop, mine, attack, add fuel, open chest, etc)

Drop

Move

Examine

I put [Move] low on the list because it is the default action. The only mouse action that doesn't incorporate [Move] is [Examine].

Make [Drop] a [ctrl-click] for deployable items instead of a [right-click] doesn't make sense to me, given the much more common use of [Drop] over [Examine]

You already have [left-click] as modal. Left-clicking when holding a deployable item, will -- deploy -- the item. Left-clicking when holding a non-deployable item, drops the item. Left-clicking a tree changes based on the item in the [use slot]

May I suggest [right-click] when empty is [Examine], but [right-click] when holding an item drops the item?

Excess    55
Dropping with [ctrl-click] is working.

It does work, but not as intended, I think. Currently, if I CTRL+CLICK with a stack of pine cones selected it drops just 1, like in the old days. It doesn't drop the stack, as one would expect.

As Starving said, you drop things more often that you examine them. Once you read the description and laugh about it, it's gone; no more examining. But dropping is a vital part of inventory management.

May I suggest [right-click] when empty is [Examine], but [right-click] when holding an item drops the item?

You have my vote.

And my axe.

Starving    10

Well... build 68284 did drop the entire stack of deployable items with ctrl-click. I noticed it returned to the drop-one-item behavior in 68318. pity, because without the [drop stack] command you can no longer neatly stack them. drop a stack of 32 deployables is a bit annoying in 68318. :?

Sign in to follow this