mr peeps

Can we please make it so sealnado doesn't instakill?

mr peeps    141

Ok, I cannot be the only one griping about this. It's just his swirly attack, where he instakills you even with the best armor. That, my friends, is really dumb. Picture a battle going great, then whoops! I ran into something, couldn't get away, DEAD. If anything, maybe half health at most. 

Sorry, just a little peeved

• Like 1

Szczuku    3,577

You can hide behind objects to avoid that atatck. Like trees, boulders, chimnea. That's way easier than running away from it

Mencken    240

Having dealt with this creature multiple times my solution has been to jump into a boat and tank it with a cutlass.   Takes about 5-10 seconds.

Edited by Mencken
  • Like 1

DelroyBM    731

Fight him melee on land, when he is charging his attack: jump on a boat, get a bit far so he doesn't take any sanity from you and wait for him to stop absorbing and get on land again to fight him melee. Repeat if necessary.

mr peeps    141

@Szczuku, @DelroyBM, and @Mencken

I understand there are ways of escaping it, and tactics to avoid it, but regardless- I am a strong believer that no attack should kill a player with full health, especially when A) it's the first boss you encounter and B) an AEO attack?! 

• Thanks 1

DelroyBM    731
1 hour ago, mr peeps said:

I understand there are ways of escaping it, and tactics to avoid it, but regardless- I am a strong believer that no attack should kill a player with full health, especially when A) it's the first boss you encounter and B) an AEO attack?! 

Oh, that, yeah, I feel you.

Szczuku    3,577
7 hours ago, mr peeps said:

Meh not really. 

Ancient guardian from vanilla does 100 dmg so he can instakill Maxwell

Dragonfly aoe also will instakill any player 

And now in Hamlet Pugalisk bite attack does 200 dmg

mr peeps    141
1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Meh not really. 

Ancient guardian from vanilla does 100 dmg so he can instakill Maxwell

Dragonfly aoe also will instakill any player 

And now in Hamlet Pugalisk bite attack does 200 dmg

hmmmm

i dunno man... it just feels kiiinnndddaaaa.... annoying to do it like that. I mean, a difficult boss is fine, sure, but I dont think it should be able to oneshot you regardless of its power