Fire bomb - hit or kit?

Thalkas

I’ve really taken a shine to the bomb when playing as Wigfrid, she is always moving between melee and ranged anyway and if you have a wicker who can CC during the snortise wave there is really no use for her normal spear. The bombs fill in quite nicely during that wave.

40 minutes ago, Gagarin-ace said:

wicker - all time healer (only)

wilson dps and fire stuff during scorps round

maxwell - both books, then fire ( holem if he want)

wx - tank

wig - bombs

woody - runner

change my mind

Wigfrid has become useless now since every dang time, people make her go darts (which are inferior to the spiral spear) or use splintmail with the spear. Most people choose to go darts because they don't want to die. Webber has become better now with the Hearthfire. Since if he uses the Hearthfire until grand forge warrior, and then switches to fire darts, he can do 43,000+ damage per game.

Wilson will just be the secondary tank until woodie can tank, then I just switch to splintmail. Being grenadier Wilson speeds up the game and gives him dps. I have won four games as Grenadier Wilson.

Wolfgang can just absorb so much more damage than Wx, and not only that, but Wx's "shock hit" can wake up the Boarrior. And because of the health, Wolfgang players are less likely to run away due to low health.

Maxwell is much harder to use than Willow, so he suffers in most games due to inexperienced players.

40 minutes ago, MasterWolf said:

Wigfrid has become useless now since every dang time, people make her go darts (which are inferior to the spiral spear) or use splintmail with the spear. Most people choose to go darts because they don't want to die. Webber has become better now with the Hearthfire. Since if he uses the Hearthfire until grand forge warrior, and then switches to fire darts, he can do 43,000+ damage per game.

Uhhh, I mean Wigfrid goes darts during Scorpeons to avoid getting spit on. Once the spear drops she uses that until Boarrior and then passes the spear onto the non-Woodie tank. She provides battle cries which is free damage. 

Far from useless.

The spear is strong and doesn't drop if Wigfrid isn't in the party, so she's a pretty solid choice regardless of whether she's the one equipping it or not. Plus battle cries.

As for Willow vs. Maxwell; if you use rapidfire trick, Willow is best dps for fire staff hands down. People try to argue with me on that a lot ingame, but all you have to do is look at Klei's leaderboards; the ONLY team on the board with Max is in 25th place, and every other has Willow. He's got the book, but Wicker's petrification alone is plenty.

28 minutes ago, RazingHel said:

If your teams are this experienced why are you even using Wilson anymore? There are better characters for DPS if nobody on the team will die.

I give people the choice each time, and they always agree to have a Wilson. I personally want a Wilson because I don't trust randoms not to die, AND because people crash a lot. I have had the healer crash on three separate games, and I was able to save two of them because of Wilson.

you mean the teabag?

it's super good for breaking guards, i like to juggle with it when i play willow. wouldn't really recommend using it as a melee too much, though. the real thing is crowding mobs and throwing it, but sometimes damage spread isn't very desirable.

not to mention, it's suuuper satisfying to use. it's almost cathartic to hit 3-5 enemies at the same time.

1 hour ago, EthanTheMime said:

you mean the teabag?

it's super good for breaking guards, i like to juggle with it when i play willow. wouldn't really recommend using it as a melee too much, though. the real thing is crowding mobs and throwing it, but sometimes damage spread isn't very desirable.

not to mention, it's suuuper satisfying to use. it's almost cathartic to hit 3-5 enemies at the same time.

I feel the same satisfaction as well, and also when the snortises and boarillas are armoring, the "Moltov Cocktail" (Hearthsfire Crystals) will dearmor them

I can only speak from my own experience, but I’ve been having a lot of fun with tank-willow grenade strats until the fire staff drops.

1. Throw grenade

2. Punch mob until the explosion procs 

3. Throw grenade immediately after

It’s pretty easy to take out the second crocomander-pig group while the rest of your team handles the first one.

It also eats through snortoises incredibly quickly—just avoid the temptation to hit more than one when you lob it. The passive explosion only ever hits the mob you’re punching.

Other than that, I drop it as soon as the fire staff drops. It could maybe work as an off-tank option, but that depends what the rest of the thule armour is like.

I kinda wish it worked for melee characters too, but I know that it would’ve been op with WX.

On 11/11/2018 at 5:36 PM, Tosh said:

I can only speak from my own experience, but I’ve been having a lot of fun with tank-willow grenade strats until the fire staff drops.

1. Throw grenade

2. Punch mob until the explosion procs 

3. Throw grenade immediately after

It’s pretty easy to take out the second crocomander-pig group while the rest of your team handles the first one.

It also eats through snortoises incredibly quickly—just avoid the temptation to hit more than one when you lob it. The passive explosion only ever hits the mob you’re punching.

Other than that, I drop it as soon as the fire staff drops. It could maybe work as an off-tank option, but that depends what the rest of the thule armour is like.

I kinda wish it worked for melee characters too, but I know that it would’ve been op with WX.

what would be op with WX?

The bomb's a strange weapon
I didn't even realize you could make it explode in your hand if you hit an enemy enough times with it before last night
I usually use it as Wilson if there's not a Willow until molten darts drop
It's pretty good against the turtles, who guard constantly
But you'd definitely have to trade it off later on for late-game weapons
I kinda hope they make a late game version of the bomb, though... It's really fun to toss at things

One mistake I’ve seen a lot of people make is using the bomb purely as a thrown weapon. 

If you’re not punching things with it, you should be juggling it with darts to keep up your dps.

It could be good for scorps, but only as a secondary damage, and with proper crowd control.

Other than using it to draw agro for a non-Woodie runner, are there any other uses?

Archived