Can someone explain if owning and upgrading a house is even worth it?

8 minutes ago, Drewey09 said:

You can only steal from the Mayor’s shop, you are unable to steal from any other shops for obvious reasons :P.

But you can though? Even if in the other shops the shop owner doesn't sleep you can just use a pan flute.

1 minute ago, Atsumame said:

But you can though? Even if in the other shops the shop owner doesn't sleep you can just use a pan flute.

Yeah I know you can sleep them with a pan flute. When I said you can’t I was referring to stealing things at night, not in general, I will change my post to clarify!

6 hours ago, Avarwen said:

Would love to be able to expand it also would love to have piggy tenants who pay you to stay in the house and random things for you.

If you have a personal guard, he comes in the house (and other buildings) with you.  Might be nice to station your guard in one place.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:07 PM, Ellilea said:

Could not disagree more! Nothing prompts in-depth exploration like the need to decorate your beloved home with all kinds of unique and rare junk, puh-lease! :rolleyes:

I'd really like to be able to place the house in a custom spot though, surround it by farms and all the other goodies.

That is something I really wish for as well - Being able to move your house and add a garden! 
Sometimes the village spawns in a really annoying way, like at the end of a map or widely spread out and your house ends up being in a place that's a bother to reach, so being able to move your house in the town would be greatly appreciated. And adding a garden is just something neat and fun I would enjoy as well :)

The house is a really nice base to make in town.  You can sleep there and then you're ready to trade first thing in the morning.  It's safe from theft weather and other threats.  I like to maintain 2-3 bases in case I need to bug out for a few days.  Also I keep my town-related items in there like coins and clippings and tools that I bought but I'm not ready to use, etc...

Just now, ProfMembrane said:

It's not a defense against darkness, your sanity goes down just as much as when you're just under a streetlight.

I see your point.  It works great for weather and bats.  and, again, if you need space to heal without being attacked by something.  

On 9/11/2018 at 11:41 PM, El_Gosu_Grande said:

You dont have to Waste any Oincs. Just go to the Townhall and wait until darkness. When the major falls asleep you just steel the key and get your house for free. 

not possible if playing webber, at least not without pan flute, mayor just run around forever.

I think he is really scared of webber

Archived