Welcome to The Forge

On 08/11/2018 at 2:45 AM, JoeW said:

forge_season2.png

The Forge is now LIVE! 

With the Ancient Gateway activated our survivors find themselves trapped in a hostile world of fire and battle. They’ll need to team up to defeat the Battlemaster’s army and his champions if they have any hopes of returning home. 

The Forge is a free limited time 6-player co-op challenge, where the goal is to try and defeat the Grand Forge Boarrior in an arena. The only way to survive will be to work together.

The Forge is played on official Klei servers that are available only during the event. There are no community hosted servers during this event. 

What else is in The Forge?

• This year's Forge has had many balance, content and progression changes. 
  • Character skins, emotes, item skins and more. Including skins from last season with hundreds of items.
  • Free on-demand dedicated event servers (Forge Only).
  • Simple Matchmaking with friends / community groups.
  • Event drop system (Forge only).
  • And more!
  • And new for Season 2 we have added community and personal goals replacing last years achievements. Complete matches to help the community unlock new bosses and items!

F.A.Q.

Is The Forge free?
Yes! Events are free for everyone who owns DST. Players will have the option to purchase a single character’s Magmatic Skin Set for $2.99, or the entire Magmatic Chest collection for $12.99. 

We hope that with this mechanism, we can both continue creating great free content while also supporting the development team. In addition, this method of funding allows us to provide content to all our players, instead of splitting the player community if we implemented it with a DLC paywall.

Why is The Forge temporary?

We get this question a lot. The Forge runs on official servers that we pay for and provide free of charge. Playing on official servers means that we have more control over the rewards we can provide during the event. Because we designed the event around this, we designed the gameplay to be played for a short time. 

When does the Forge end? 

The Forge will end December 3rd.  

Will the Forge be available on console?

The Forge is not available on Consoles at this time. We are looking into options for bringing to console and we will announce more information when we have it. 

Hi, why does the forge doesn’t go full year? It’s such a nice game! Thanks klei 

1 minute ago, bbizu said:

Why forbidden?

No mortal shall steal fire from the gods, or information from the devs.

Sorry, I was just joking with that expression. I couldn't resist :p

In the Don't Starve trailer Maxwell traps Wilson in the Constant by offering him forbidden knowledge, that's where it comes from: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QhvmisGWU

To stay seriously, just read the whole post, the answer is in there, it's not forbidden at. Sorry for the confusion!

3 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

No mortal shall steal fire from the gods, or information from the devs.

Sorry, I was just joking with that expression. I couldn't resist :p

In the Don't Starve trailer Maxwell traps Wilson in the Constant by offering him forbidden knowledge, that's where it comes from: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QhvmisGWU

To stay seriously, just read the whole post, the answer is in there, it's not forbidden at. Sorry for the confusion!

Yeah, but it would be so nice more longer...

Just now, bbizu said:

Yeah, but it would be so nice more longer...

Bye 

this video proofs that Wigfrid has a nut for a brain.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:47 AM, bbizu said:

Hi, why does the forge doesn’t go full year? It’s such a nice game! Thanks klei 

maybe you should read everything first before asking im sure all the info you need is there
and the guy meant that the answer is in the post itself

We get this question a lot. The Forge runs on official servers that we pay for and provide free of charge. Playing on official servers means that we have more control over the rewards we can provide during the event. Because we designed the event around this, we designed the gameplay to be played for a short time. "

On 26/11/2018 at 7:54 AM, CrimXane said:

this video proofs that Wigfrid has a nut for a brain.

maybe you should read everything first before asking im sure all the info you need is there
and the guy meant that the answer is in the post itself

We get this question a lot. The Forge runs on official servers that we pay for and provide free of charge. Playing on official servers means that we have more control over the rewards we can provide during the event. Because we designed the event around this, we designed the gameplay to be played for a short time. "

Why you are so mean? It us just so Nice game 

3 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

When will Winters Feast begin?  Had to take a break from the game during the Forge, which doesn’t interest me, but I’d like to get back to it soon and find something new 

Probably 15 or 18 the latest (like last year if memory serves well). Nothing officially yet.

..the big burning question for me regarding Winter Feast 2018 is: will the Snowfallen skins be available once again or should I just go cry in a corner with my incomplete skin collection and many spools?

My OCD side is already very bothered by the fact that Wilson and Wolfgang both missing 5 pieces are not at 85% and Wick missing 4 pieces is not at 88% like Willow, Wendy and Webber .

image.thumb.png.32f29b620e99e8002b4ceabde2245204.png

edit: I am also secretly hoping the 6 skipped last year WX, Woodie, Wes, Maxwell, Wigfrid and Winona will get Snowfallen skins and I hate myself a little for not being able to draw how I pictured them. :wilson_cry:

I do not speak English well, so ...

Желаю Клеям в 2019 новых творческих успехов с Кухней (и не только с ней). Кто у вас заболел, пусть выздоравливает.

Spoiler

5c31efcf4cf14_Forge2019.thumb.png.cf1604ed31eb8ac8dac68a8698265428.png

Archived