Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Don't Starve: Hamlet Early Access now available on Steam

Recommended Posts

JoeW    30058

Well, here we are! 

Today we launched Don't Starve: Hamlet into Early Access. Like our previous DLC for Don't Starve we will be using this time with Hamlet to gather feedback and put the finishing touches on the game. 

With the launch of Early Access we introduce Wilba and Roc:

  • Wilba: Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job. She would much rather be out in the world exploring and soaking up life, even if she still requires a nightlight when she gets tucked in.
  • ROC: There's something that moves above the clouds. No one talks about it. No one answers questions about it. Maybe that's cause they are just pigs. But it seems pretty freaking big.  Was that just your echo? or the lonely cry of 500 tonnes of bird?

Head over here for a full list of update notes. 

What happens next?

Between November the 8th and the launch currently planned for December, we will continue with more content and bug fix updates and prepare for the coming Aporkalypse.

Once again, thanks everybody for your support. Please enjoy Hamlet and keep sending us your suggestions and feedback!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thieverpedia    354

Finally got it working after a simple fix. Can't wait to demolish the DLC with my resourcefulness!

For anyone who got the DLC and can't get it to load, check your betas in Properties. If it's still set to the Shipwrecked beta stuff, opt out of all betas and and let Steam update it. Nothing from that beta in current files will be lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's a bug or intended. 
When i go to purchase the actual DLC, it says i already have Hamlet in my library. Do i need to remove the game in order to buy the content? 
Or because i was apart of the Beta i got the DLC for free? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kawasaki    1119
2 hours ago, CookieNinja81 said:

Not sure if it's a bug or intended. 
When i go to purchase the actual DLC, it says i already have Hamlet in my library. Do i need to remove the game in order to buy the content? 
Or because i was apart of the Beta i got the DLC for free? 

You probably got it for free if you particapated in the Beta. Check your DLC tab and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rellimarual    4169

Is early access Hamlet only available for Mac OS on Steam? Steam has stopped working for me (with any game), for reasons unclear. (It was working last night, but now every game crashes.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilbit2600    0

I purchased the DS Hamlet but when I enter the game I don't see it as an option to play. Right now I'm only seeing RoG, SW and DS. Any suggestions on how to activate it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fledge    79

Having SERIOUS issues with this, just bought the new DLC but - where is it? How do you play it? Steam says it's installed but it doesn't show up anywhere!!! The game menu only allows vanilla, SW or RoG :(

On 09/11/2018 at 3:04 AM, Thieverpedia said:

Finally got it working after a simple fix. Can't wait to demolish the DLC with my resourcefulness!

For anyone who got the DLC and can't get it to load, check your betas in Properties. If it's still set to the Shipwrecked beta stuff, opt out of all betas and and let Steam update it. Nothing from that beta in current files will be lost.

One problem: I don't -have- any Beta properties, I've never played the game in Beta, but I still can't play the DLC. Any more ideas please?

ETA: OK finally got it by doing the cache integrity verification check. Twice. Now I don't have the time to play because it took me the better part of my single free morning hour to fix this... oh well. At least I can play later!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inseerlink    0

 

12 hours ago, writergirl1215 said:

I just bought DS Hamlet but I can't seem to install it. It shows up in my library as purchased but not installed. After an hour of trying I gave up. Any idea why this is happening?

Same thing here, I purchased but steam does not download it or install it. In Steam downloading screen it keeps at 0 kbps.

8 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hello @writergirl1215, welcome to the forums. To play Hamlet you have to enable the DLC in the Steam page of the game in your Games Library.

5bea30700e63c_Screenshot(74).thumb.png.ace9ed338a27a673a776c381d5abf2bf.png

After that, it should auto-update, or ask to download update. Let it update then also verify the integrity of the game cache. If that still doesn't work, try and restart steam.

I have tried doing all of this twice, I restarted computer, restarted steam, checked integrity files, clicked twice on the mod, tried to use a beta code, but nothing.
One thing that I noticed is that, when I deselect Reign of Giants DLC it still says "Installed", unlike Shipwrecked. I will try to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but so far nothing worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zillvr    1755

@writergirl1215 @Inseerlink can you confirm whether or not your Steam directory Drive still has any space left? If not, that's a possibility as to why it won't download/update (since no more space on disk to write/download the game to). Can you confirm you have the necessary space?

Also, please take screenshots of what you see in your Steam Games Library page and the Downloads page that shows 0kbps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inseerlink    0

Ok, nevermind, I found a fix. I unchecked both other 2 DLCs and it looks like it has something to do with them. It took a while, but after this, while I was typing here, the "Reing of Giants" DLC pack that I had unchecked finally said "Not installed" and then the Hamlet downloaded and said "Installed".
However, weird fact, when I checked both other DLCs again the Shipwrecked DLC had to make a short download and instalation time again, unlike Reign of Giants, and when unchecking again it made another "installation" time so, maybe there is some hint here about a potential bug nest for the Dev team because some sort of DLC build priority when selecting all DLCs? Or maybe it has something to do with Steam cloud?

Thanks for the fast reply anyway Zillvr, lol and yes, I have plenty of disk space:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
__IvoCZE__    7602
On 10. 11. 2018 at 12:11 PM, Fishydevli said:

Will people who already got the mega pack before this was announced get hamlet for free? 

no.

you can still buy the mega pack ''kind of a pack'' ( you won't get anything than hamlet ) and get hamlet in a discount since it is part of the pack now. It will cost less than hamlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
isolanni    8
On 11/7/2018 at 8:31 PM, JoeW said:

Well, here we are! 

Today we launched Don't Starve: Hamlet into Early Access. Like our previous DLC for Don't Starve we will be using this time with Hamlet to gather feedback and put the finishing touches on the game. 

With the launch of Early Access we introduce Wilba and Roc:

  • Wilba: Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job. She would much rather be out in the world exploring and soaking up life, even if she still requires a nightlight when she gets tucked in.
  • ROC: There's something that moves above the clouds. No one talks about it. No one answers questions about it. Maybe that's cause they are just pigs. But it seems pretty freaking big.  Was that just your echo? or the lonely cry of 500 tonnes of bird?

Head over here for a full list of update notes. 

What happens next?

Between November the 8th and the launch currently planned for December, we will continue with more content and bug fix updates and prepare for the coming Aporkalypse.

Once again, thanks everybody for your support. Please enjoy Hamlet and keep sending us your suggestions and feedback!

 

On 11/7/2018 at 8:31 PM, JoeW said:

Well, here we are! 

Today we launched Don't Starve: Hamlet into Early Access. Like our previous DLC for Don't Starve we will be using this time with Hamlet to gather feedback and put the finishing touches on the game. 

With the launch of Early Access we introduce Wilba and Roc:

  • Wilba: Daughter to Queen Malfalfa, Princess Wilba has the love of her people. If only she wanted the job. She would much rather be out in the world exploring and soaking up life, even if she still requires a nightlight when she gets tucked in.
  • ROC: There's something that moves above the clouds. No one talks about it. No one answers questions about it. Maybe that's cause they are just pigs. But it seems pretty freaking big.  Was that just your echo? or the lonely cry of 500 tonnes of bird?

Head over here for a full list of update notes. 

What happens next?

Between November the 8th and the launch currently planned for December, we will continue with more content and bug fix updates and prepare for the coming Aporkalypse.

Once again, thanks everybody for your support. Please enjoy Hamlet and keep sending us your suggestions and feedback!

Wonderful new musical score! Also, I like the new colors and vegetation.  I hope this incorporates some of the "Animal Crossing"-esque joy; it feels like that would be a great addition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites