My deepest gratitude for your assistance!

GetNerfedOn

So sorry to bother you all, but

I've recently started properly playing the Forge (i just Timefarmed using Wendy last year) as Wickerbottom, settling nicely into a role of Healer/CC.

Thing is, I'm rather really conflicted on the things i'm unsure of or dont know:

Do i use the F button or the mouse to attack?

What should i equip?

When should i attack? Cast spells? Any advanced techniques i must learn?

So far I only managed to get to the Boarilla. My main tactic was using Living Staff + Petrifying Tome. I died due to beyblading Snortoises. I usually attacked when i was far away and had Living Staff.

Thanks so much for all your help!

I personally think you should try utilizing the mouse for attacking so that you can focus enemies down, especially during the tortoises 

Oh yeah, and don’t be afraid to cast your healing spell on the enemies. It’ll cause them to fall asleep, so you can focus one down without having a billion trying to kill you at once

26 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

if needed to focus - aim once with mouse and then hold f, generally you want to hit whatever tanks hit - targets will have a broken shield icon

27 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

What should i equip?

cooldown hat -> then swap to "healing done" hat and cooldown armour

27 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

when you can't heal, you usually attack with tank (as well as others), when you have heal and wicker's buff ready, you heal (usually cast under tank), don't forget, that heal is also a (crowd) control spell

30 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Any advanced techniques i must learn?

juggling books and healing is generally a good idea, just make sure you spend your buff on heal rather than books (i assume you understand how it builds up and how it looks like)

12 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

What should i equip?

Hit once or twice with the mouse, but after that you can switch to F if you prefer it, because it'll know to keep attacking the same target.

As healer you (should) get first pick on all of the equipment. You get the silken wood armor. When the -10% cooldown crown drops, you get that too. Once the +20% healing given crown drops, let a mage like Willow or Maxwell take the cooldown crown.

Attack what everyone else is attacking as a rule of thumb. If Woodie is running around with a Boarilla, leave them alone until everything else is dead. Heal every chance you get.

On top of that, there's a few things you can learn to get even better:

Heal at Corpses. Wilson will love the protection it gives him. This one saves teams on it's own and isn't too hard.

Cooldowns on Floor: The book keeps cooling down when dropped on the floor. You can switch it out for the staff after you cast heal and stone         all the enemies that fell asleep in the circle. (The cooldown for staff and book are the same) Once you wrap your head around it, it's not that           hard to actually do, and it's pretty useful.

Looking back, i guess i had a rough idea of what to do. i just barely attacked and waited more for chances to heal without proccing the buff.

I also tended to forget where the book was and not be able to use it as a result. Welp, i didnt want too do that too much because the ppl i played with did the Hammer smash 0.00000001 seconds after i used petrify...

Thanks for all the help, guys! i'll try this out the next time i play :D

Update: been playing as Wicker and webber, and apart from the bad connection, everything is going along fine. I just can't get petrify timings right (like when I use Petrify AFTER the tank/s go SMASH) but apart from that everything you guys have told me has been working out well, especially the sleep+petrify combo. Thank you so much!!

Managed to reach the 2 boarillas level with Wicker, but I got suddenly got dc'd, and relogged in to find that I was the only one left alive. Tried to put the boars to sleep so as to revive Wilson... but with Wilson so far away and the boar waking up rather quickly, we lost XD boy, my teammates they were mad XD

On the other hand, I did managed to win as Webber! Huzzah!

23 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

(like when I use Petrify AFTER the tank/s go SMASH)

It's the tank's job to not smash them if you're petrifying. It's bound to happen, but after the first few times they should realize you're stoning them and stop smashing. Oh well!

Congratulations on winning!

Ugh, as someone who usually has to play healer those hammer ults are the bane of my existence. If you wanna throw your hammer down during the heal make sure to do it at the start of the heal, the enemies will fall asleep again and then Wicker can petrify. 

As Wicker the entire match pretty much rests on your back so it’s not a good role to play when first learning The Forge.

21 hours ago, RazingHel said:

Ugh, as someone who usually has to play healer those hammer ults are the bane of my existence. 

Let us not forget the Willows who ceaselessly rain down meatballs in the middle of heals with wild abandon.

After as string of losses - especially after a Maxwell who kept smacking away with his tome - I finally reached the right team... which contained a Meteor-dropping willow

But we managed to band together, rally, and, after some hard work, WE FINALLY MANAGED TO GET PAST BOARILLAS AND KILL THE GRAND FORGE BOARRIOR!!!!

20181109230911_1.thumb.jpg.c05b7859c716936336efd172f4164996.jpg20181109231123_1.thumb.jpg.f4447bccac5d0b64e29670ad6a0617ed.jpg

YEEEEEEEEES

Thank you so much for the help! I really appreciate it! :D

12 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

WE FINALLY MANAGED TO GET PAST BOARILLAS AND KILL THE GRAND FORGE BOARRIOR!!!!

I've nothing more to teach you. *bow* :wilson_dorky:

(I haven't had much time since it got unlocked, but I haven't done that in the new version yet.)

Hello all! :D

Update:

after several more bittersweet, frustratingly lag- and dc-filled games, it seems to me i gotta learn more roles than just healer.  I've more things to ask, and i'm terribly sorry about that, but here goes:

- on what ping am i legally allowed to play Woodie? 

- for tanks, what do i prioritize attacking and hammer smashing? and which tank is the best one so far?

- for mages, how do i pull off the 12 pit pigs during boarrior meteor? a stray pig just catches me everytime ugh

- who's the best dart dps? and who should get grand armor

finally

- how do we take down the rhinocebros?

thanks for the time, and once again, i apologize for the inconvenience.

15 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Update:

after several more bittersweet, frustratingly lag- and dc-filled games, it seems to me i gotta learn more roles than just healer.  I've more things to ask, and i'm terribly sorry about that, but here goes:

- for tanks, what do i prioritize attacking and hammer smashing? and which tank is the best one so far?

- for mages, how do i pull off the 12 pit pigs during boarrior meteor? a stray pig just catches me everytime ugh

finally

You can play Woodie on whatever ping you feel comfortable with as long as you can get your job done. You should be playing on low ping servers anyways just for convenience. Also, don't forget to switch to tank armor for GFB. Watch main tank's health and when it gets low take aggro with Lucy. Also, after GFB does he summon, use Lucy to take him into a corner with him facing the corner. 

- Both robot and muscle man work as tank. You can usually just attack whatever's closest to you. DPS, ideally, should be attacking whatever you attack. When tortoises show up, save hammer smash for when they go into their defense mode. When the poison scorpion things show up they are priority since they do the most damage. When fighting GFB, I hammer smash when healing circle is done and he's waking up because it taunts and grabs aggro.

- When GFB summons EVERYONE should be huddled in the middle, and healer needs to put down circle to sleep everything. When healing circle is about to expire then you summon meteor on everything.

- Best dart DPS theoretically should be willow since I think she's supposed to do more damage with molten dart. She should be getting fire staff though if there is no other stave user. Steadfast grand armor for a tank, jagged grand armor for a tank or wigfrid

- I haven't played against the rhinos yet but the gist seems to be that you need to get them both low health before killing them so that they die close enough together so they can't rez each other. 

15 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Update:

finally

You can play Woodie on whatever ping you feel comfortable with as long as you can get your job done. You should be playing on low ping servers anyways just for convenience. Also, don't forget to switch to tank armor for GFB. Watch main tank's health and when it gets low take aggro with Lucy. Also, after GFB does he summon, use Lucy to take him into a corner with him facing the corner. 

- Both robot and muscle man work as tank. You can usually just attack whatever's closest to you. DPS, ideally, should be attacking whatever you attack. When tortoises show up, save hammer smash for when they go into their defense mode. When the poison scorpion things show up they are priority since they do the most damage. When fighting GFB, I hammer smash when healing circle is done and he's waking up because it taunts and grabs aggro.

- When GFB summons EVERYONE should be huddled in the middle, and healer needs to put down circle to sleep everything. When healing circle is about to expire then you summon meteor on everything.

- Best dart DPS theoretically should be willow since I think she's supposed to do more damage with molten dart. She should be getting fire staff though if there is no other stave user. Steadfast grand armor for a tank, jagged grand armor for a tank or wigfrid

- I haven't played against the rhinos yet but the gist seems to be that you need to get them both low health before killing them so that they die close enough together so they can't rez each other. 

UPDATE:

After much sorrow, lag, people who picked up wrong armor and smashed immobile enemies like the plague, hard work, learning and searching for a good team...

...I finally managed to win twice against the Swineclops itself. HUZZAH!

win1.thumb.png.45e819d1803ad61355acdc984bc271c4.png

First as Healer...

win2.thumb.png.761147df78a4dfb5d591bc4b4b717287.png

...and then as a DPS! YAAAAAY!

My deepest gratitude goes out to all of you for all the feedback, for all the advice and for all the kindness you've showed in this event. Despite all the chaos and dirt associated with The Forge as a whole, by the very least I am proud to tell a story of success within it, which could not have been made possible without you guys.

For the last time, thank you all so much! It's been an honor to be a part of this community!

Archived